Value of: Brandon Saad to Edmonton

Apr 9, 2009
USA
Saad for Lucic at 5 million + unprotected 1st + Bear + 2nd

Lucic has negative value, but he is still young and maybe a change of scenery could help. Saads contract is pretty bad himself, but the Oilers add value to offset the trade.

So the Oilers would retain on Lucic, take on Saad at 100% cap, then add an unprotected 1st, Bear and a 2nd?

Lol, that's one of the worst things I've seen on the internet. Lucic sucks but his contract isn't nearly as bad as that trade.

The Moose is Loose

Jun 28, 2017
St.Louis
So the Oilers would retain on Lucic, take on Saad at 100% cap, then add an unprotected 1st, Bear and a 2nd?

Lol, that's one of the worst things I've seen on the internet. Lucic sucks but his contract isn't nearly as bad as that trade.
Fair. I actually agree, just everyone here thinks Lucic is the worst contract in NHL history

Jay haller

Oct 22, 2017
Saad for Lucic at 5 million + unprotected 1st + Bear + 2nd

Lucic has negative value, but he is still young and maybe a change of scenery could help. Saads contract is pretty bad himself, but the Oilers add value to offset the trade.

Lucic isn’t young he’s on the wrong side of thirty and has been let’s be honest a overpaid player for at least 5+ years. And his game is not conducive to aging.

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
Alex Chiasson even strength points per 60 this season: 1.83

Brandon Saad even strength points per 60
this season: 1.80.

Chiasson (extended) for your first, straight up. You don’t even need to absorb a bad contract!
You tried to sound smart but then forgot that Chiasson is shooting 31% and has never been a consistent 5v5 scorer and then still had to use P/60 to try and make me look dumb. You didn’t.

Reactions: Kdotsection88

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
You tried to sound smart but then forgot that Chiasson is shooting 31% and has never been a consistent 5v5 scorer and then still had to use P/60 to try and make me look dumb. You didn’t.

Right now, today, Alex Chiasson is the better ‘big body even strength scorer’ than Saad, who makes ten times as much and OP wants a first for. That’s the stupid I’m making fun of.

Reactions: ivanlwan

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
Right now, today, Alex Chiasson is the better ‘big body even strength scorer’ than Saad, who makes ten times as much and OP wants a first for. That’s the stupid I’m making fun of.
Yeah of course halfway through a season in which he’s shooting 31% and having a career first half of the year. He actually will have value at the deadline too. I also said that Saad isn’t worth that first round pick. He’s gonna score 45-50 points 5 on 5 and kills penalties, good in the corners, contributes when he’s not scoring.

Taylorst

Jun 26, 2018
Saad and forsling
For nurse and 1st round pick and Talbot as a salary dump

Call it a day

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
Saad and forsling
For nurse and 1st round pick and Talbot as a salary dump

Call it a day

Yeah, hell no!!

Our defence is borderline as is and Nurse is our defacto best defenceman with Klefbom out and Larsson struggling under the increased workload.

I wouldn’t give up Nurse alone never mind add a lotto pick.

How about we both just keep our own guys and call it a day

Reactions: ChaoticOrange

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
You know whats great...Seabrook has more points than Spooner and Lucic combined...yet Edmonton fans act like Seabrook is one in the same. Your cap dumps are total trash. At least Seabrook still puts up respectable points for a defenseman.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad