Value of: Brandon Saad to Edmonton

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
Chicago: Edmonton’s 2019 1st, Ryan Spooner

Edmonton: Brandon Saad, Dylan Sikura, Gustav Forsling

Lol, not even close

If we are adding Saad, you bet your boots Lucic is going the other way. No way in hell we give up a lottery pick for that bum.

You have to know you're not getting a 1st for Saad.

To 78Oil, I think you're a little more down on Saad than I am. Lucic? Geeez that's harsh.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
You have to know you're not getting a 1st for Saad.

To 78Oil, I think you're a little more down on Saad than I am. Lucic? Geeez that's harsh.

What do you think Saad is worth? Forsling and Sikura are not throw ins either. And neither is the Hawks taking Spooner who has 5 points all year and makes 4m per. Hot garbage.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Chicago: Edmonton’s 2019 1st, Ryan Spooner

Edmonton: Brandon Saad, Dylan Sikura, Gustav Forsling

Yeah, it’s a no from us dawg. Forsling is nothing, just another bottom pair defenceman. Sikura isn’t better than guys like Benson/Hebig/Marody and hes 2-3 years older - limited value. Saad’s 6 mil ticket and 40 ish point pace likely isn’t worth a first from anyone, let alone a team that’s likely picking 10-15.

I see you’re taking the last year of spooner. That is not much of anything.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
What do you think Saad is worth? Forsling and Sikura are not throw ins either. And neither is the Hawks taking Spooner who has 5 points all year and makes 4m per. Hot garbage.

Spooner makes 3.1. The rangers retained 900k.

Saad is not worth a first round pick and adding a couple of B assets doesn’t get it up into the range where ours will be.

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton

Well, I see him closer to a 50 point guy and not a 30-40 point guy.. but that $6 Million dollar contract is really tough for Edmonton to absorb. We might be the wrong team to try and deal him to.

Reactions: BeastMode97

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
Spooner makes 3.1. The rangers retained 900k.

Saad is not worth a first round pick and adding a couple of B assets doesn’t get it up into the range where ours will be.

So what if the Rangers retained. He has 5 points in almost 40 games with another year of term. He’s the forward version of Brandon Manning. Hawks taking him off your books for an actual top 6 player is worth something.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
Well, I see him closer to a 50 point guy and not a 30-40 point guy.. but that $6 Million dollar contract is really tough for Edmonton to absorb. We might be the wrong team to try and deal him to.

Easily playing with McDavid. Hawks could retain on Saad to make the money work plus eat Spooner’s deal.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
So what if the Rangers retained. He has 5 points in almost 40 games with another year of term. He’s the forward version of Brandon Manning. Hawks taking him off your books for an actual top 6 player is worth something.

He’s got one year left and could easily be bought out. Taking Saad’s inflated salary back is an overpayment to get rid of one year of a bad player.

Our first is not for sale for the likes of Saad and Sikura/Forsling.

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

Homesick

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
Calgary
Easily playing with McDavid. Hawks could retain on Saad to make the money work plus eat Spooner’s deal.
Thats what the thought was with Hall, Eberle, Lucic, Spooner and so on. Saad would definitely be another failed McExperiment.
He's not a bad player but his game isn't a fit for McDavid/Draisaitl. He'd be playing with RNH(who is producing with virtually zero help on the wing)

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton

I never buy this argument. A lot of fans on here try and inflate the value of a player because "he'll tear it up with McDavid". I only base a player's value on past/current performance, not what McDavid may or may not do with him.

Taylorst

Jun 26, 2018

I'm just curious why Chicago would take spooner over Jesse p.? Saad is a top 6 player solid 2 way forward . Sikura and forsling are up and coming young talent.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
I never buy this argument. A lot of fans on here try and inflate the value of a player because "he'll tear it up with McDavid". I only base a player's value on past/current performance, not what McDavid may or may not do with him.

Agreed. Saad’s most common linemate for the first quarter of this season was Patrick Kane and he had 10 points in 19 games.

He’s had plenty of opportunity with high skill players. The ‘just stick him with McDavid and he’ll get 70 goals’ stuff is so, so tired and frankly it’s a complete disservice to Draisaitl to think that way.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
I'm just curious why Chicago would take spooner over Jesse p.? Saad is a top 6 player solid 2 way forward . Sikura and forsling are up and coming young talent.

... because he wanted our f***ing first rounder in the OP and asking for Puljujarvi on top of what’s already an overpayment would make an already bad offer even worse? :laugh:

Reactions: 780il

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013

Because they need cap sent to Chicago and the 1st is a real ask. 1st+pool isn’t realistic. Well, with Chia maybe, but everybody else its a nonstarter.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
Agreed. Saad’s most common linemate for the first quarter of this season was Patrick Kane and he had 10 points in 19 games.

He’s had plenty of opportunity with high skill players. The ‘just stick him with McDavid and he’ll get 70 goals’ stuff is so, so tired and frankly it’s a complete disservice to Draisaitl to think that way.

Who said 70 goals? The only thing said is that he’s probably a 50 point player with McDavid. Is it that unrealistic to see a slight bump in production playing with the best player in the world...

Homesick

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
Calgary
The most successful LW's with McDavid has been Maroon and Chiasson. Two big bodies that knew they weren't goal scorers and played a simple game. Saad is not a fit IMO

Taylorst

Jun 26, 2018
Because they need cap sent to Chicago and the 1st is a real ask. 1st+pool isn’t realistic. Well, with Chia maybe, but everybody else its a nonstarter.

Ok but is their 1st a top 5 or is it a late 1st? Just curious. Also it seems Chicago is giving up more for a draft pick IMO.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
Well it kind of makes a big difference. His salary isn’t 4 million, which is how you’re trying to defend asking for a 1st for a guy on a bad contract

3.1m for 5 points. Cheaper cap hit but still Manning level awful deal.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad