Friedman: Brandon Saad and Boone Jenner on the move?

dubplatepressure

Jul 10, 2007
Man what happened to Jenner to warrant his rumoured availability? He was so solid the last couple years.

ThatSaid

May 31, 2015
Glendale Heights, IL
Saad as a Hyman replacement on the top line would be amazing. Dip in offensive production is concerning given his contract. Any Hawks fans want to fill me in on what has happened with him this year?

I think Saad should bounce back, hopefully before the end of the year. He's been getting his chances, like, really good chances from in close. He just hasn't been able to find the back of the net. He's kind of been Q's whipping boy this year. He's played on every line and hasn't had any consistency. Still an excellent possession player, and he's been really good defensively, as to be expected. He just needs to go to the front of the net more and find more open space in the offensive zone. I'd say his positioning in the offensive zone has been his own worst enemy this year.

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014
Giving up assets for jenner as a bozak replacement is better than blowing your wad on a C in FA this summer (I'm assuming tavares isn't coming here and backlund isn't on the market) then say giving lars eller 20 million over 5 years

dk2k

recovering cynic
Jul 5, 2017
I think Saad should bounce back, hopefully before the end of the year. He's been getting his chances, like, really good chances from in close. He just hasn't been able to find the back of the net. He's kind of been Q's whipping boy this year. He's played on every line and hasn't had any consistency. Still an excellent possession player, and he's been really good defensively, as to be expected. He just needs to go to the front of the net more and find more open space in the offensive zone. I'd say his positioning in the offensive zone has been his own worst enemy this year.

I agree with almost everything you just said (except for Q; I'm not going there), and I think it would be dumb to sell low on a 25 year old. Now if the return is a top four defender of similar age, I'd be listening. But that wouldn't be selling low.

ThatSaid

May 31, 2015
Glendale Heights, IL
I agree with almost everything you just said (except for Q; I'm not going there), and I think it would be dumb to sell low on a 25 year old. Now if the return is a top four defender of similar age, I'd be listening. But that wouldn't be selling low.

Yeah, I don't think it makes much sense either. Still a fantastic player, just having an off-year. Q was patient with him to start the season, but gave up too fast imho.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Bowman has quietly done a horrendous job navigating Chicagos cap issues created by their success.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Is Jenner playing center or left wing in Columbus? If he's playing the wing, he'd be a great fit on a Laughton - Simmonds line in Philadelphia.

Jenner would be a great fit in Philly. We have the assets too. It's just a matter of whether Hextall is ever going to be ready to improve the team via trade rather than just hording draft picks and prospects.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
I'll give ya Burakovsky for Caitlyn....er Boone Jenner
It'd take some doing, but it's possible for me to be talked into that. I really want adds, tho, if only because I do not relish the prospect of him playing center against us for the next few years.

* * *​
Saad for Panarin
No (more) takebacks. :nod:

* * *​
Do jackets fans feel Jenner can play effective 3C? If so what’s the ask from Pitt? I know we aren’t great trading partners..
I'd insist on Jake Guentzel, because **** every one of you. ;)

* * *​
saad for jenner +
Unless the plus is a significant contract, we can't actually afford to keep both him and Panarin. And we'd rather keep Panarin. And sending back a significant contract would completely nullify the whole point of such a trade for the Hawks.

* * *​
Is Jenner playing center or left wing in Columbus? If he's playing the wing, he'd be a great fit on a Laughton - Simmonds line in Philadelphia.
Primarily LW, but he was playing center while Dubi and Wennberg were injured.

* * *​
Man what happened to Jenner to warrant his rumoured availability? He was so solid the last couple years.
See OP note in re: his shooting percentage. Turns out when he's not scoring, he gets hard on himself, and it's been affecting his play in a bad way. He's getting better as the year goes on, but it does mean that we're no longer as enamored with him as we used to be.

chethejet

Feb 4, 2012
Bowman has quietly done a horrendous job navigating Chicago's cap issues created by their success.
Yep tough to do your job when you actually have to follow the rules. No more easy ways to get around the cap. But there is always the coming allergy for Seabrook to LTIR.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
What about them are garbage?

Basically everytime he posts his 31 thoughts you find weird trade thoughts.

His Anaheim thoughts last year were all quality, right now again his Faulk deal is full quality.

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
It's amazing how much weight people put in friedman's thoughts..

It must be amazing sitting on the toilet thinking about trades and posting articles about it that people take seriously.
I can’t stand his baseless thoughts. We need to stop posting this crap. He is like a 5 year old kid that blurts our whatever comes to his head without thinking.

ffh

Jul 16, 2016
It's amazing how much weight people put in friedman's thoughts..

It must be amazing sitting on the toilet thinking about trades and posting articles about it that people take seriously.
Been saying this for years. But freiman uses a more scientific term. He calls it spitballing.

Jan 21, 2018
Why would the Leafs want to give up a 50pt player at 6M?

Leafs need defense, or at least forwards that are very good defensively. Saad is none of those.

Leafs may as well re-sign JVR and not give up any assets.

And even if you feel Saad is great, he's not better than JVR + whatever it takes to land Saad.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad