Friedman: Brandon Saad and Boone Jenner on the move?

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014
From 31 thoughts:
Three others to keep an eye on: Chicago needs cap relief. With Brandon Saad dropped down the lineup, wonder if they look to give him a fresh start somewhere else. Another who fits the same profile is Boone Jenner of Columbus. He’s shooting 4.4 per cent, by far the worst of his career.

Wonder if the leafs go after either of them. Saad could be a JVR replacement, and Jenner a bozak one. Washington comes to mind as well.

Joel Ward

Sep 24, 2012
Toronto
Saad as a Hyman replacement on the top line would be amazing. Dip in offensive production is concerning given his contract. Any Hawks fans want to fill me in on what has happened with him this year?

Reactions: Morrison

Le Magnifique 66

Let's Go Pens
Jun 9, 2006
Montreal
It's amazing how much weight people put in friend man's thoughts..

It must be amazing sitting on the toilet thinking about trades and posting articles about it that people take seriously.

They need to do this
Every year it's the same crap and no one gets traded
They need viewers that day to justify this crap of who might and could get moved!!

Reactions: td_ice

thesaadfather

Kneel Before Saad!
Jan 30, 2014
Ohio
I hope they don't trade Saad, personally. His value is at an all-time low, and they re-acquired him less than a year ago. He's still young, I'd rather see them hold on to him and see if he can turn his game around.

HoweHullOrr

Oct 3, 2013
It's amazing how much weight people put in friend man's thoughts..

It must be amazing sitting on the toilet thinking about trades and posting articles about it that people take seriously.

Not hard to figure out. Look for a team that might be a seller and then identify a player who is underperforming. These guys need the clicks to keep the machine rolling along.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
Yeah, I'm not in favor of trading Saad while his value is the lowest it's been in his career. It's not like he's in his thirties. I highly doubt he's already peaked and now going through a downward spiral at the age of 25.

Not to mention the Hawks don't have cap issues next season. The cap will go up by, what, 5 million? We also will only have half of the bonus overages that we had this season (had around $4m from last year's bonuses for this season). Hartman is likely the guy who'll be able to ask for the most for our FA's this year, and I can't imagine he'll get more than $2m a year.

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
Not hard to figure out. Look for a team that might be a seller and then identify a player who is underperforming. These guys need the clicks to keep the machine rolling along.

I wish i had a job that paid me to sit on the toilet and form baseless opinions. Lol.

I get it i just don't get why people take it seriously.

HoweHullOrr

Oct 3, 2013
I wish i had a job that paid me to sit on the toilet and form baseless opinions. Lol.

Yep. Nothing like a good argument based on pure speculation as well. LOL.

THall4

Feb 25, 2014
Edmonton, AB
So the Hawks were adamant on bringing back Saad..gave away Panarin for him for salary cap reasoning...and are now looking to dump Saad...for salary cap reasons?

How is Stan Bowman not regarded in the same ilk of GM as Chia ...

Not the Friedman really said its Saad in specific they wanna dump...but still

td_ice

Peter shows the way
Aug 13, 2005
USA
Yeah, I'm not in favor of trading Saad while his value is the lowest it's been in his career. It's not like he's in his thirties. I highly doubt he's already peaked and now going through a downward spiral at the age of 25.

Not to mention the Hawks don't have cap issues next season. The cap will go up by, what, 5 million? We also will only have half of the bonus overages that we had this season (had around $4m from last year's bonuses for this season). Hartman is likely the guy who'll be able to ask for the most for our FA's this year, and I can't imagine he'll get more than $2m a year.
Yeah, this. The Hawks aren't gonna move him at his lowest value.

ESPECIALLY after losing the Breadman to obtain him. Yeah, that would go over real well with the locals. Admitting it was a horrible mistake, and puling the plug on Saad for a lesser return after 5o some games. They are gonna give it more time. Gonna give Saad more time. With Crawford out, the playoffs are pretty much a long shot right now, a trade now isn't gonna help much for this year.

MapleLeafs9

Sep 22, 2011
It's amazing how much weight people put in friedman's thoughts..

He's a top insider and respected in the hockey world, and even if he's not posting actual trade rumours, people like his thoughts and opinions.

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
He's a top insider and respected in the hockey world, and even if he's not posting actual trade rumours, people like his thoughts and opinions.

My issue is that most people conflate opinion and fact. It's extremely evident on this board.

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
what could the leafs offer for Saad? a first and Leivo/sosh/Kapanen?

a first and connor brown?
I don't think there is a need for Saad. We have lots of quality internal replacements for JVR.
Jenner would be a much better fit as he can replace Bozak at 3C.

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
Doesn't Jenner kinda stink at center? I've wanted him here for a while but to play with Matthews. He's like Hyman except he has scoring ability.
I didn't think he is a very good skater (correct me if I'm wrong) so I don't think he could be effective in the Leafs' top-6.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad