Brandon Prust

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Exactly. The people complaining about Prust are the same ones who would complain about us lacking toughness and a good fighter who doesn't get his lunch fed to him every fight. Prust is very well respected in the room as well.

But then, this will be true the day he could be healthy....and he will drop again next year. The guy is full heart and has given his all but that's it...he has given it....Don't think there's a lot in the tank left.

Suzuki x 14

GoHabsGo
Mar 14, 2006
Montreal
12 games played
0 goals
1 assist
5 shots
15 hits
6 blocked shots

i like Brandon Prust, A Lot, but for the role he plays on this team, 15 hits in 12 games?? :help:

habtastic

Aug 17, 2007
Montrealer in Boston
I think he's been good on the PK and for getting/keeping the puck deep on line changes. Not as many hits mostly due to the structure we're using. He's not fast enough to hit guys by chasing them (my reasoning for why Chucky has been beastly in that category), and he's been doing a lot of "catchup" forechecking.

He definitely needs to chip in more though, otherwise we are better off having Sekac or Bournival instead.

Mynameismark*

Worst player on the team

Nope. He does what he's paid to do.

Guys like DD who dont play nearly good enough as first liners and floaters with no heart like Rene are worse.

I'll take a Prust over Bourque any day on my team.

Slugger

Mar 6, 2013
As I said in another thread; Prust has been bringing it offensively the last few games, creating a lot of chances. He's doing something positive, but I understand that we want a 4th liner to be a 4th liner.

MasterD

Giggidy Giggidy Goo
Jul 1, 2004
Prust was very good at his job his first year here... but now... painful to watch. At least he really tries, I'll give him that.

A for effort, that'S already better than Moen... but at this rate they both are pretty bad so far.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
Nope. He does what he's paid to do.

Guys like DD who dont play nearly good enough as first liners and floaters with no heart like Rene are worse.

I'll take a Prust over Bourque any day on my team.
Mentioning Desharnais in this conversation proves how much of a joke that opinion is. See ya around, fella.

otto bond

Jan 8, 2007
The first year here, well what a needed player. After those shoulders wen down, so did his play.
My biggest pet peeve with Prust would be his defensive play.

kassian

Sep 27, 2010
Montreal
He is done, body is too wreaked. The only thing he can do now is to fight.

With his shoulders, even that won't last long.

There's nothing to be ashamed about, though. Hockey is a sport that can take a toll on people. Especially rugged players like him.

Gros Bonhomme

Benoit Brunet #1 Fan
Jan 21, 2011
Montreal
Just saw on facebook that today is Prust's birthday so happy birthday to Brandon. With that being said, I then realized that his contract will come to an end next season and we never really talked about his future or lack there-of with the Habs.

What should we do with him after next year? Extend him for 2 years perhaps? Let him go? He was a big part of the culture change that MT and MB brought here 3 years ago but I was curious to see where should we go from there.

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
I'd re-sign him two years @ 1.75M if he wants to stay. He's not the player he was in his first season here but he's still a big part of the culture in the locker room and is still an above average 4th liner.

HabsFan76

Nov 3, 2011
Canada
Prust is slowly losing his effectiveness, though it is somewhat expected given the type of game he plays. He`s been a soldier for the Habs but it would be wise to move on once his contract expires.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
I'd re-sign him two years @ 1.75M if he wants to stay. He's not the player he was in his first season here but he's still a big part of the culture in the locker room and is still an above average 4th liner.

That seems pretty fair, maybe 3yrs, he's gonna retire a HAB I'm sure of it.

AntonCH

Jul 6, 2009
for the right dollars and term - any time
you still need someone who can throw them just not as often
heart and soul grit guys like this you want around at the right price

Blind Gardien

nexus of the crisis
Apr 2, 2004
Four Winds Bar
I don't know that he has fallen off to the point of an open market paycut? I mean, he *has* dropped off significantly... just not sure that's the public perception from those who don't watch him every day? I'd take him back at a relatively significant paycut too, but I think his reputation is such that he doesn't have to take that little diss just yet? :dunno: $1.5M sounds about right to me.

But I guess we'll see what next season brings. If he has a little more puck luck in a contract year, and doesn't get hurt again, I think he could be more attractive on the open market than he is to us. Or, he could fall further, and then we'd be looking at a guy desperate enough to take that big paycut to stay here, maybe. Lots of time, anyway.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad