Brandon Prust

elsubz

Nov 3, 2007
Awful regular season and awful playoffs with an awful penalty to end our last chances in the playoffs. I just don't see why this guy gets so much love from the coaching staff and how they kept playing him over White during the whole post season. Injuries have clearly gotten the best of him and he hasn't been half the player he was since his first shoulder injury last season. :help:

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
Guy showed the opposite of character all season long. Really gutless year for him.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Should have had shoulder surgery during the season. It was painfully obvious.

Bob Cole

Tom ******* Brady
Oct 30, 2009
he needs a wake up call for sure

too much of a pretty boy now with his gf Mariepier

billy piton

Apr 5, 2010
Zagreb
Awful regular season and awful playoffs with an awful penalty to end our last chances in the playoffs. I just don't see why this guy gets so much love from the coaching staff and how they kept playing him over White during the whole post season. Injuries have clearly gotten the best of him and he hasn't been half the player he was since his first shoulder injury last season. :help:

he is so overrated. i don't understand what he is doing on 1st pk unit, he is awful thre. but i don't like white either. imo, moen is better than both.

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
He played good last year, was awful all season and pretty much all post-season outside 3-4 games.

He probably should have taken the year off to heal. At his contract, I would move him if the Canadiens get a good offer.

Fazkovsky

Sep 4, 2013
He is kinda slowish but he is what he is 4th liner. He wasnt brought up to be the difference maker. He created some good things with the hit on stepan, he tried to turn around things. He isnt a bad fighter.

Prust is the least of our problems but for speed alone, would have played White.

NobleSix

High Tech Low-Life.
Apr 20, 2013
CyberSpace
www.ilovebees.co
He neglected the shoulder surgery last summer, and he paid the price for it this season. Without a doubt he will get the surgery this summer, and will miss a few months of the season. Weise, White, and Moen (if they don't get traded) will soften the blow, so I wouldn't be too worried about it... at all really.

Never

Can you hear me now?
Sep 16, 2009
Calgary
Prust is a warrior. Too much so for his own good. He tries to be there for his team, even if his play is detrimental to them.

TravisF

Jul 11, 2011
www.artbreak.com
I liked him last season. Not as much this year. I liked that he went after Kreider. But didn't like the late hit that he got suspended for. It just makes the Canadiens look bad. I didn't like how he played in the whole playoffs, he didn't seem to do much.

TRG

Oct 23, 2008
Montréal
He'll get surgery and likely come in halfway through next season. The man is stapled together right now.

That's what I wanted to post and that's what I hope he does. He's good when healthy.

I wanted White in during the playoffs because he's much better than a broken down Prust.

Agnostic

11 Stanley Cups
Jun 24, 2007
Awful thread. Prust is a warrior, this is a typical reaction to a loss. Crucify the players in most recent memory, forget what they did for you along the way.

Transplant Prust's heart into Vanek and you have a hockey player.

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
Awful thread. Prust is a warrior, this is a typical reaction to a loss. Crucify the players in most recent memory, forget what they did for you along the way.

Except Prust was bad all year, not just in this loss. Only a fool would say he wasn't consistently the worst player in our bottom 6.

Schooner Guy

Jun 23, 2006

Exactly. The people complaining about Prust are the same ones who would complain about us lacking toughness and a good fighter who doesn't get his lunch fed to him every fight. Prust is very well respected in the room as well.

Agnostic

11 Stanley Cups
Jun 24, 2007
Except Prust was bad all year, not just in this loss. Only a fool would say he wasn't consistently the worst player in our bottom 6.

Don't know what you were watching. Prust is consistently a sparkplug, making contact, changing momentum, working hard, regardless of his physical health. The fact that he brought it hard every night against former teammates and friends is not lost on me. He did everything he could do unlike some others.

I know I am on HFboards when the playoffs are over and Prust is getting raked and the excuse makers still want to chase Vanek on a contract.

Blind Gardien

nexus of the crisis
Apr 2, 2004
Four Winds Bar
Let's see what he looks like if/when he gets fixed up and healthy. He can be an asset like last year when his hustle and ability to play physical are at the forefront of his game. When he can't play physical and just becomes an agitator then the effect is cheapened and he's a net detriment.

Get him his surgery, Moen and White can still fill in to start the year, and we'll see how things look somewhere down the road. There's not really an evaluation beyond that to be made right now in his case IMHO.

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
He's fine as a 4th liner. Just probably shouldn't be put on the ice with 5 minutes left in a 1-0 Game 6 in the ECF.

Hopefully he can heal up.

Oct 22, 2012
Poor Prusty, when he signed here last year he was the best gritty forward the habs have had in a long time. The addition of Weiss and development of Bournival sort of made him stand out less this year. That and he has to be injured. He played his best hockey getting in on the forecheck throwing his weight around.

Rest up soldier we are going to need you next year.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
You wonder how the heck will he be able to finish that contract....Damaged goods that will be sad to see go down again....At least we have Weise to compensate. And let's hope they'll play White more.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad