Confirmed with Link: Brandon Prust to Montreal [4 years, $10M]

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City
Waaaaaiit..

I have on good faith by about 80% of this board that it's DESHARNAIS who is the sheltered line. Prust hasn't played with Desharnais, therefore, PRUST AIN'T SHELTERED

At the beginning of the year, where galchenyuk and prust really racked up a lot of that +/-, they were the most sheltered line on the team. Remember how badly DD's line struggled out of the gate? Prust will be getting tougher minutes if he goes back to Eller's line, but he can handle his own.

PricePkPatch*

At the beginning of the year, where galchenyuk and prust really racked up a lot of that +/-, they were the most sheltered line on the team. Remember how badly DD's line struggled out of the gate? Prust will be getting tougher minutes if he goes back to Eller's line, but he can handle his own.

Prust's +/- rating didn't took a beating in the games after DD finally unlocked. You sure about your data?

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City
Prust's +/- rating didn't took a beating in the games after DD finally unlocked. You sure about your data?

I never said that DD 'finally unlocked' after getting easier minutes. Definitely possible he did so while still playing tougher minutes. But galchenyuk's line was definitely the most sheltered line to start off the year.

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
You are missing the forest because the trees get in the way.

Ever wonder why Prust has the highest +/- on this team?

Think about that for a second.

Its not about Prust being the scoring machine. Its about his linemates who are scoring goals.

Go back and look at the stats for Galchenyuk. Since Prust was injured, he had two games without a single shot. A talented player like Galchenyuk cannot score goals if he is not shooting. Prust creates space on the ice because of his physical play. Added to that, he is not a liability when he is on the ice like White can be.

We became one of the best teams in the East and Prust was a huge factor in that. He is single handedly the reason Galchenyuk is developing before our eyes. Prust allows it to happen.

What many are advocating is revising a winning formula that we have this season and revert back to the days of old (forgot last year already????) when our skilled lines never got a chance to produce since they were having to pick themselves off of the ice after getting smashed into the boards.

Yeah sure, that's why you brought up the goals he scored, yup... like the 1 or 2 points Galchenuyk got in the last 7 or 8 games before Prust got injured, good thing he was there to help the kid offensively... :sarcasm:

huh... we manage to do well without him you know. Sure he's very useful but it's not like we'd be back to being a 15th place team without him next to Galchenuyk or something...

thewall

Jul 9, 2010
Funny how people tought we spent way too much Money on Prust.... but what he brings to the table is worth it.. and after the Clarkson contract .. Prust becomes a bargain because both brings pretty much the same thing.

dreamingofdrouin*

u betcha....i remember seeing scouring capgeek for toughness like everyone was at that time:laugh: and seeing that prust was going ot be a UFA at years end, thinking to myself god that would be nice...that would be the perfect addition...i didnt really think much about it afterwards cause i thought there was no way the rangers would let him go and then i come home in july to find out he signed with us...and could not believe it....it was like we just landed a nash or gaborik... i was so happy

The Gal Pals

Breaking Hab
Oct 28, 2006
Prust's uppercut on Cam Jansen the other night was one of CNN's top news stories today on their website under the headline "Hockey player lands huge upper cut" (I am paraphrasing because I can't remember the exact headline). They had a slow mo video of it.

LastRide

Feb 18, 2008
Alright we just picked up Prust. Can't wait until he suits up and plays his first game for us. :D

Habssince89

trolls to the IL
Sponsor
Apr 14, 2009
Vancouver, BC
Quickly became the heart and soul of the team. A fearless player who outworks opponents and can go toe to toe with almoat anyone every night.

Prust is hopefully an 'A' if Giontas leaving, and Gorges(I guess) is promoted.

dkd

May 4, 2012
Canada
Quickly became the heart and soul of the team. A fearless player who outworks opponents and can go toe to toe with almoat anyone every night.

Prust is hopefully an 'A' if Giontas leaving, and Gorges(I guess) is promoted.

Word.

HockeyAddict

Nov 7, 2008
on an island
LOL... strange how 14-16 months later the signing goes from overpayment/too much term by several Hab posters & the majority of non-Hab fans to sweetheart deal. Who isn't happy with salary & term now?

Et le But

Nov 28, 2010
New York
The 4 years unnerved me (and sadly he's still a ticking time bomb to break down at all times), but hey, at least we didn't go for Clarkson instead, right?

madhi19

Just the tip!
Jun 2, 2012
Cold and Dark place!
twitter.com
Funny how people tought we spent way too much Money on Prust.... but what he brings to the table is worth it.. and after the Clarkson contract .. Prust becomes a bargain because both brings pretty much the same thing.
You do realize you just necroposted on a nine months old thread!
UY4OZsK.png

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
This thread is a good example of why fans need to let GM's worry about their salary cap.

Leave the 'capology' to those more qualified to handle it

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad