Confirmed with Link: Brandon Prust to Montreal [4 years, $10M]

la25ecoupe

Sep 23, 2008
Discussss!

Maripier Morin ‏@maripiermorin
Merci à tous pour vos encouragements aujourd'hui! Journée incroyable et un dénouement encore plus magique! @BrandonPrust8 ‪#Habs‬

10 Millions for 4 years

Hoople

Mar 7, 2011
Brandon Prust is a Hab!!!

Hell yeah. Now we are talking!!!!

MorrisWanchuk

Sep 23, 2008
I hope Brandon does well for you guys. He's a great guy. 2.5M per for four years is way overpaying though. We would've been ok with about 1.2M for 2 years. Wowzers.

Bullsmith

May 21, 2007
Toronto has shown that throwing big money at 3-4th line free agents isn't a way to win, but even if we're going to lose let's be TOUGHER.

Prust is the guy NYR got for Higgins after robbing us blind. A bit of karmic justice to have him land in MTL. Replacing Darche-Palushaj/Enqvist-Weber/Diaz with Prust-Armstrong-Boullion is at least a step in the right direction. Add Moen and White and we're just one enormous body away from being a decently tough team.

Meanwhile Ottawa's giving away their toughness left and right. Konopka, Carkner and Foligno all gone elsewhere today.

Nidema

Oct 28, 2009
2.5 is too much. But addresses a definite need.

We'll see over the 4 years.

how old is this guy anyway?

Dharvey33

Apr 30, 2010
Good sign overpaid by 500k but it's not my bill so i don't really care.

Will make a good 3rd-4th line grinder capable of playing on the pk and bringing 10-13 goals per year.

I bet there a lot of teams that wanted him.

Sonny Lamateena

Nov 2, 2004
Ottawa, Ontario
You guys will love him! Perfect bottom 6 player. Never takes a shift off, tough, physical, and very good on the penalty kill. Sad to see him leave the Rangers but wish him success in Montreal.

Habarazzi

Feb 19, 2008
How is 2.5 mil over payment when guys like D.Wideman get over 5 million? c'mon people .... either you jump into the free agent pool or go home

good signing

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad