Confirmed with Link: Brandon Prust signed to a PTO

247Leafs

Jul 28, 2016
At most hes there to be a Toronto Marlie this year and to be a regular in the lineup during pre-season to help keep guys who are career AHLers from taking huge runs at the younger guys. Unless he plays the best hockey of his career or over the past 5 or 6 years I don't think he will be be a Maple Leaf this year.

Ari91

Nov 24, 2010
Toronto
He's obviously looking for a last push for an NHL career and a rebuilding team is likely the best bet because your veteran status and experience could be seen as a valuable asset that gets you on the roster.

I feel like there may be a good chance he'll stay in Toronto even if he may be bounced between the Marlies and Leafs. His fiancee is in the prime of her TV career (opposite of him) and she's pretty big in Quebec but is looking to expand her English speaking TV opportunities. Toronto is the perfect place to do that and is so close to Montreal, she can easily split her time between existing projects and looking for new things in Toronto. I know all of this because I watch Hockey Wives (don't judge me).

Battle Lin

Dec 18, 2015
bringing guys like this helps to determine how far brown, nylander, and marner, as well as other smallish guys have come along in terms of physicality...if they cant even handle practices and scrimmages with these guys, they might not be ready for a long 82 game season with pro men

pucci2001

Jun 3, 2012
I grew up with him, played with him, his dad coached us growing up. He is DIE HARD Leafs. His dad didn't even cheer for him when he played against the Leafs lol. From a personal stand point I hope he lives his dream and dresses for the Leafs this season. I also think he can be a safe 4th liner that will teach our guys how to be pros off the ice. He is great in the community, a gym rat, stays out of trouble. Great role model for the kids and he would leave it all on the ice for sure. He did it for the team he hated most growing up imagine what he would be willing to do for the Leafs. Its a bit of a log jam in our bottom 6 but for a minimum contract I would love to have him stick around for a season. He isn't a defensive liability, hopefully his ankle and shoulder don't both him this year.

CanadasTeam

Nov 9, 2009
Tarrana
I grew up with him, played with him, his dad coached us growing up. He is DIE HARD Leafs. His dad didn't even cheer for him when he played against the Leafs lol. From a personal stand point I hope he lives his dream and dresses for the Leafs this season. I also think he can be a safe 4th liner that will teach our guys how to be pros off the ice. He is great in the community, a gym rat, stays out of trouble. Great role model for the kids and he would leave it all on the ice for sure. He did it for the team he hated most growing up imagine what he would be willing to do for the Leafs. Its a bit of a log jam in our bottom 6 but for a minimum contract I would love to have him stick around for a season. He isn't a defensive liability, hopefully his ankle and shoulder don't both him this year.

He sounds like a Babcock-type player to me... I am hoping he makes the team.

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario

Nice to know. Must have killed him playing for the Habs. I guess you have a professional detachment to maintain your sanity. I wish him luck, but as many have said, it's a log jam.

Iamtheliquor*

Dec 15, 2015
Hate to say it because I'd like to see him make the team but I think he's only around for the pre-season. Leafs have a lot of smaller kids with skill that will be looking to showcase this pre-season. A lot of idiots also play in the pre-season and they'd try to make their mark by being physical with our kids.

I really hope he does make the team but I don't see him having a job past pre-season. Matt Martin came in to do that. Would be nice to have Prust as an extra tho.

daveleaf

#FIREKEEFE #MIGHTBETIMETOFIRESHANNYTOO
Mar 23, 2010
Canada
I think he would be great on this team. I hope he sticks, him and Martin give us valuable grit that we need.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad