Confirmed with Link: Brandon Montour re-signed, 1yr 3.85m

BloFan4Life

Jul 8, 2009
NY
It certainly felt that way last season when they preferred wasting him as a bottom six forward to actually giving him priority with a RD position.

Wasn't that after he came back from injury?

This is from Feb:

“More than anything, his confidence of what to do when we don’t have the puck I think is then feeding into what he’s doing with the puck,” Sabres coach Ralph Krueger said of why Montour has been playing so much. “When you have the skating ability of a Brandon Montour, your opposition should have no time and no space.

“(I) thought earlier on that was an area he needed to improve on and he has. He’s really embraced the aggressive pressure we’d like to put, and he will be a leader for us in that category for a long time.”

https://www.buffalohockeybeat.com/sabres-brandon-montour-gaining-trust-earning-big-minutes/

Ralph loves speed.

flashsabre

Apr 5, 2003
Visit site

This is from Feb:

“More than anything, his confidence of what to do when we don’t have the puck I think is then feeding into what he’s doing with the puck,” Sabres coach Ralph Krueger said of why Montour has been playing so much. “When you have the skating ability of a Brandon Montour, your opposition should have no time and no space.

“(I) thought earlier on that was an area he needed to improve on and he has. He’s really embraced the aggressive pressure we’d like to put, and he will be a leader for us in that category for a long time.”

https://www.buffalohockeybeat.com/sabres-brandon-montour-gaining-trust-earning-big-minutes/

Ralph loves speed.
Johnny Gaudreau incoming:naughty:

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn

This is from Feb:

Ralph loves speed.

I think it’s more that he loves when defensemen close their gaps...he’s just mentioning speed because it removes any excuses for why Montour isn’t closing his.

Reactions: Ginger Papa

Dietpepsi

Jun 27, 2015
if he's not traded asap it's just baffling... we gave up good assets to get him.. we'll be lucky to have a 40-50 game season this year.. then he can just walk at the end of it..
Poor asset management is another key reason we haven't made the playoffs since Tik Tok was the #1 song and not a spyware video app

Reactions: seagull

KrakenSabresMike

Oct 7, 2020
if he's not traded asap it's just baffling... we gave up good assets to get him.. we'll be lucky to have a 40-50 game season this year.. then he can just walk at the end of it..
Poor asset management is another key reason we haven't made the playoffs since Tik Tok was the #1 song and not a spyware video app
Maybe there are expansion draft considerations? They’re going to lose a D in that draft - if he’s a UFA and they like him - he could always resign with us after the expansion draft and before “ July 1” - Seattle won’t pick a ufa from us. Just a thought ...he probably won’t be on the top 3 protected D if Krueger likes Risto as much as he seems to...

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
There is nothing baffling about it. Trades aren’t really happening right now. Teams are dealing with their own RFAs by either trying to get a contract worked out or preparing for arbitration. After the arbitrations start coming down and teams start seeing where they're at. Then you may see some moves start happening.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad