Friedman: Brandon Montour is available

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Buffalo and Philly are ideal trading partners. Montour can just be exposed at the ED
The thing is, when everyone is healthy, we are playing with:

Provy Ghost
Samheim Myers
Gust Braun
Hagg

So not sure Montour would even play. And before anyone starts, Ghost has been playing well despite not getting the points he has in the past. He is playing over 20 minutes a game and looks to be healthy again.

BCNate

Apr 3, 2016
So we can lose 2 assets for nothing and add cap for this year. I would not.
What are you planning on doing with cap space this year? Trading him for Virtanen opens up 2.5 for next year, or you have a preview of what Montour could look like in your lineup next year.

Reactions: notsocommonsense

Boondock

Feb 6, 2009
What are you planning on doing with cap space this year? Trading him for Virtanen opens up 2.5 for next year, or you have a preview of what Montour could look like in your lineup next year.
Montour has looked bad on the Ducks and the Sabres - I'm pretty sure there was a reporter that showed last year Montour was the worst or one of the worst dmen in the entire league from an advanced stats perspective, I'm not confident he will look good on this defensive tire fire of a team. Secondly I don't want to have to negotiate a new free agent deal with a player making close to $4 this season looking at his first free agent deal. This feels like it would be throwing an asset away (not a good asset, but an asset). I would hope that if the entire team is able to turn it around next season (I have lost all faith in this year already) Virtanen will be better than he has shown this year. I would also rather have a 3rd then pay $4million for 30 games of Brandon Montour.

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
Botterill was a f***ing moron

he first acquires Montour atTDL for the worse of St. Louis or San Jose first. Ends up SJ pick from Kane trade
Then he trades the 2nd from St. Louis to vegas for Miller
Then he trades Nylander for Jokiharju
He still had Ristolainen.

that forces one to play left side.

I’m assuming he had some trade talks around moving Risto.

as a result this affected Montour.
Now they need a LD for this season.

they have Dahlin and prospects ( Samuelson, Johnson, bryson) all ED exempt and futureD on the team. They need a more experienced LD on a shorter contract like UFA this year or next year.

Drew311

Makes The Pass
Oct 29, 2010
he still got a top 5 Skating edge ability, I have rarely see a paler control his skating as well as Montour.

What happened in Buff ?

Players who get traded to Buffalo typically regress. Awful team, awful culture. It’s a shame what’s happening to Dahlin.

malcb33

Apr 10, 2005
New Zealand

SundherDome

Y'all have to much power
Jul 6, 2009
Minneapolis,MN
I don't know the player very well, which is why I asked, but it seems like others don't see him holding much value.
He has been ass for about 90% of the time he has been here. Kulak doesn't make be the needle. Deadline dmen always have a decent premium attached to them.

Uberpecker

Mar 3, 2011
Good thing Buffalo held onto all 50 RHD until they can get as little back for one as possible. Not like they had any holes to fill anyway.
Seems like to the Sabres front office RHD are like
rolls of toilet paper during a pandemic. You can never have enough of them.

Last edited:

Mikeshane

Jan 15, 2013
Who needs a guy that will cruise in over the blue line a few feet from the boards and take a mediocre slapshot into the goalie's crest?

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Why did he look like such a stud in Anaheim and what the hell happened in Buffalo? He looked so good before.

would take a flyer on him on the Oilers but we don’t have the room for him on our right side.

Reactions: Flyer lurker

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad