Friedman: Brandon Montour is available

Our Lady Peace

Aug 12, 2014
BC
He absolutely skyrocketed from his 1 year in college and then to the AHL... He was a Letang-like impact player in the AHL. I was so sure he'd become a #2-3 offensive D with that elite skating ability. He dominated that 2015-16 season and was 14th in entire league scoring.

It appears like he has decision making just hasn't cut it at the NHL level. I still think he can thrive in the right system though.

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
:laugh: man I needed a good laugh today. TY.
Screenshot (28).png

Me too.

Reactions: RandomTask26

explore

I was wrong about Don Granato and TNT
Jun 28, 2011
He absolutely skyrocketed from his 1 year in college and then to the AHL... He was a Letang-like impact player in the AHL. I was so sure he'd become a #2-3 offensive D with that elite skating ability. He dominated that 2015-16 season and was 14th in entire league scoring.

It appears like he has decision making just hasn't cut it at the NHL level. I still think he can thrive in the right system though.

If he goes to a team where he can play his correct side and he gets powerplay time, I can see him returning to form. He's just terribly misused on Buffalo

DatDude44

Hmmmm?
Feb 23, 2012
Yes buffalo needs to move him, too much redundancy on the right side and he holds the most value minus jokiharju

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Is this pretty picture supposed to prove a point or something? Look at the minutes played, look at their usage, look at the team around them, then give your head a shake.

Classic post a picture of analytics that don’t apply any context and are almost meaningless as standalone stats.

MCB

Jun 21, 2019
There are complaints about it as well. I'm glad too.
I think my complaint at the time was our d went from stacked (2017) to being gutted (2019) and I know they didn't have anything to do with each other but it was just the wth comparing our defense.
That being said in retrospect I'm glad with the return we got. But I haven't watched his play recently but I'm curious how he compares to shattenkirk this year.

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
Classic post a picture of analytics that don’t apply any context and are almost meaningless as standalone stats.

Man, I remember seeing those charts used all the time to argue Cody Franson was not just good, but, like, top pairing good. Guy was a fringe 3rd pairing defenseman.

Reactions: Paul4587 and banks

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
One of my biggest pet peeves on this site. Perfect storm of lazy and stupid.

Reactions: Paul4587

Kuznetsnow

Nov 26, 2019
Tampa should take him, he'd probably flourish with them the way Shattenkirk and Rutta and even Bogosian have. He probably has something to offer but he needs to be nursed back by a winning team in a sheltered role

Reactions: BernieParent

Masch78

Oct 5, 2017
Lets not forget, Monty was traded because neither Fowler nor Lindholm were able to play with him properly because of his unpredictability. And both are quite solid D to play with.

Masch78

Oct 5, 2017
Tampa should take him, he'd probably flourish with them the way Shattenkirk and Rutta and even Bogosian have. He probably has something to offer but he needs to be nursed back by a winning team in a sheltered role

Tampa is great because a D there has way less preasure due to thier great roster. And they have those players who can handle the tough minutes.

Reactions: Flyer lurker

spockBokk

Sep 8, 2013
I have a suspicion that he ends up in Carolina after the expansion draft. He seems like he’d be a guy they think they could rehab next to Slavin. I also think the Canes will be needing another RD then as I no longer think they’ll end up paying Hamilton.

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
Jets will trade nothing more than a 3rd for him.

Would be a funny trade considering the Kane trade might go in full circle.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad