Friedman: Brandon Montour is available

explore

I was wrong about Don Granato and TNT
Jun 28, 2011
Not surprising. He'll probably go for a 3rd round pick.

In a high-fantasy scenario where the Sabres make moves to improve the team, he'd be traded for an equivalent LHD

Techcoockie

Feb 3, 2020
Mtl
He stinks. Has little value. Should be getting a similar deal as Troy Stetcher got.

2 years 2ish million
he still got a top 5 Skating edge ability, I have rarely see a paler control his skating as well as Montour.

What happened in Buff ?

explore

I was wrong about Don Granato and TNT
Jun 28, 2011
he still got a top 5 Skating edge ability, I have rarely see a paler control his skating as well as Montour.

What happened in Buff ?

Jason Botterill traded for a bunch of RHD (Montour, then Colin Miller, then Jokiharju) on a roster that already had Risto. I'm guessing he was trying to unload Risto, but that didn't happen so the Sabres ended up forcing Montour to play LHD and he predictably played poorly on his offhand

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Pretty sure he was available last year as well. It was kind of surprising that Buffalo qualified him. I don't think there'll be much of a market for him.

Techcoockie

Feb 3, 2020
Mtl
Pretty sure he was available last year as well. It was kind of surprising that Buffalo qualified him. I don't think there'll be much of a market for him.
there should be, he's got the tool to be a top 4 RD, will he uses them ? idk

Uncle Scrooge

Hockey Bettor
Nov 14, 2011
Helsinki
Ahhhh i remember the good old days when he looked unreal as a young guy with Anaheim along with Theo, Fowler, Vats and Lindholm

Its weird to me he never turned into much... I woulda lost alot of money if I had bet that he would eventually become a stud

Was just thinking the same thing.. it's not too long ago he looked real good for the Ducks.

Maybe not a star dman but some people seem to be suggesting he's not even a top 4 guy which is surprising.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad