Brandon "Meat & Butter" Sutter

Status
Not open for further replies.

SaltySnipes*

38 point year. Book it. Quote this comment and you will see I predicted right by the end.

fancouver

Jan 15, 2009
Vancouver
As advertised. Speed, superior 2-way play and great on the forecheck. I think he's going to get a lot of short-handed goals this year if he's PK with Hansen.

Sutter - Hansen
Bartkowski - Tanev

Should be the first PK unit

Guys who have a lot of speed and can make a great first pass to spring either one on a breakaway.

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
This contract is going to look worse and worse, even if the cap rises.

He's getting paid top 6 money and he's an OK 3rd line (decent production but makes his linemates worse).

Hope I'm proven wrong.

PM

Glass not 1/2 full
Apr 8, 2014
As advertised. Speed, superior 2-way play and great on the forecheck. I think he's going to get a lot of short-handed goals this year if he's PK with Hansen.

Sutter - Hansen
Bartkowski - Tanev

Guys who have a lot of speed and can make a great first pass to spring either one on a breakaway.

Bartowski should never be playing above Hamhuis in any situation. And did we really need to go and target another player for our PK when we were 2nd in the league last year? If anything we need goals and players who can set up goals, not more defensive forwards.

Ho Borvat

Sep 29, 2009
Bartowski should never be playing above Hamhuis in any situation. And did we really need to go and target another player for our PK when we were 2nd in the league last year? If anything we need goals and players who can set up goals, not more defensive forwards.

May as well have kept Richardson if the concern was "bolstering the PK"/bringing in a defensive 3rd line center.

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
Really impressive skater.
Excellent positional player, great on the PK.
Distributes the puck better than his assist totals show.
Gonna be an excellent buffer player while Horvat takes the next steps.
Salary is .5 to .8 million too high. Cost of doing business with a guy about to hit a UFA home run and stay with an organization in a retool/rebuild.
35-50 pt 2 way player just hitting his prime.

huntison

Aug 12, 2008
Botch suggested that Horvat took reps with Burrows and Vrbata at practice.

Sedin - Sedin - Kenins
Burrows - Horvat - Vrbata
Baertschi - Sutter - Hansen
Prust - McCann - Dorsett
Virtanen

Make it so!

Huggy

Respectful Handshake
Jul 22, 2014
Vancouver
This contract is going to look worse and worse, even if the cap rises.

He's getting paid top 6 money and he's an OK 3rd line (decent production but makes his linemates worse).

Hope I'm proven wrong.

Kesler got 7 mil, you're wrong

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
Sedin - Sedin - Kenins
Burrows - Horvat - Vrbata
Baertschi - Sutter - Hansen
Prust - McCann - Dorsett
Virtanen

Make it so!

The problem is we just extended a third liner for a stupid amount if he stays in that spot forever

Siludin

Dec 9, 2010
The problem is we just extended a third liner for a stupid amount if he stays in that spot forever
What incentive does the NHLPA have not to use its 5% cap inflator every year? Does it not have that capability any more?

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
What incentive does the NHLPA have not to use its 5% cap inflator every year? Does it not have that capability any more?

To not screw over guys with existing contracts by running the cap too far above actual revenue. The bigger the gap the mood they lose wages to escrow. Guys with existing contracts lose a bigger chunk of their salary as escrow starts taking 10 then 20% of their salary, while new contacts get rich with fat pay rises at their expense, creates a lot of bad blood.

kanucks25

Chris Tanev #1 Fan
Nov 29, 2013
Surrey, BC
Can't see him working with Vrbata this season. I know it was just one pre-season game (Vrbata looked like he didn't even care, predictably) but their styles just don't mesh.

Sutter isn't a play-making center and his offensive abilities in general are limited. If he's not used on a pure checking line, perhaps with Hansen and Higgins, he's being totally misused.

If Vrbata isn't going to play with the Sedins he needs to be flanking Horvat as Bo has a much better all-around game with a much higher potential offensively.

I'm sure to most people here the above is rather obvious. Hard to fathom why it isn't for the people running the team.

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec
Can't see him working with Vrbata this season. I know it was just one pre-season game (Vrbata looked like he didn't even care, predictably) but their styles just don't mesh.

Sutter isn't a play-making center and his offensive abilities in general are limited. If he's not used on a pure checking line, perhaps with Hansen and Higgins, he's being totally misused.

If Vrbata isn't going to play with the Sedins he needs to be flanking Horvat as Bo has a much better all-around game with a much higher potential offensively.

Agreed. Sutter's style and similarities would mesh exceptionally well with Higgins and Hansen as a hopefully higher end third line. His lack of playmaking skills and defensive concerns make me wary of a Sutter/Vrbata line.

FOurteenS inCisOr

FOS COrp CEO
May 4, 2012
Republic of VI
Guy was about as smooth as chunky peanut butter so far in pre-season.

That contract looks awful for an average 3C with barely an iota of grit...

Might as well have re-upped Matthias and kept Bones, Clendening, and the 2nd, or at least tried to get decent value out of them in a trade.

vadim sharifijanov

Oct 10, 2007

Sutter - Hansen
Bartkowski - Tanev

tbh, someone + sutter + hansen would be a pretty likable and watchable third line, as long as that someone isn't prust or dorsett.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad