Brandon Manning appreciation thread.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Of course, some of the people saying this were probably suggesting that Gustafsson was a NHL defenseman five years ago. :sarcasm:

boxcar65

Sep 24, 2007
Richmond, VA
Brandon Manning was the ultimate undrafted, feel good story. Toiled in the minors, finally got his shot, and made the best of it. Limited talent, but always made up for it with hard work and doing whatever he could do to stay in the big show. He was the consummate teammate and brought his lunch pail every game. I will always contend the hate for him was way overboard, as his advanced stats were actually decent compared to some of the better D-men in the league.

The bottom line is I'm a Flyers fan and want them to be successful. If they think Robert Hagg, Radko Gudas, and Andy Mac are better than the Dog, then so be it. Manning has proven himself to be an NHL caliber player, and he should hook on with someone for next season. Like I have always said, he will be fine used in a #6 role playing 15-17 minutes per game.

Mandog, thank you for everything you gave this organization the past seven years. You will be missed, my friend.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Brandon Manning was the ultimate undrafted, feel good story. Toiled in the minors, finally got his shot, and made the best of it. Limited talent, but always made up for it with hard work and doing whatever he could do to stay in the big show. He was the consummate teammate and brought his lunch pail every game. I will always contend the hate for him was way overboard, as his advanced stats were actually decent compared to some of the better D-men in the league.

The bottom line is I'm a Flyers fan and want them to be successful. If they think Robert Hagg, Radko Gudas, and Andy Mac are better than the Dog, then so be it. Manning has proven himself to be an NHL caliber player, and he should hook on with someone for next season. Like I have always said, he will be fine used in a #6 role playing 15-17 minutes per game.

Mandog, thank you for everything you gave this organization the past seven years. You will be missed, my friend.

JXC

#ThisAintXbox #ThisAintMightyDucks #FireHakstol
Dec 28, 2005

Great post.

He always mustered up and brought the effort and anger, I have appreciated that.

Reactions: usahockey22flyers

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
Mandog kept improving, played hard, & was a good leader. Sure he has his limits & it was time to move on, but I have no doubt he earned himself an nhl job next season.

CSKA1974

Feb 10, 2010
Flyerville
I'll try and stay positive. I do appreciate his willingness to stand up for teammates.
I understand all the negativity toward him as a hockey player. Although, the guy with very limited talent and skills was one of the hard workers on the team .
I appreciated his support of the Temple University Hospital burn unit and bringing his team mates with him.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
Improved at what?
Pretty much everything. His point totals increased in each of his last 3 seasons. He was no defensive stalwart, but his D also improved. Just because he’s a fringe defenseman & you don’t like him doesn’t mean he didn’t get better. Guy was an undrafted FA, worked himself into an AHL all-star, then NHL #7, then eventually became a serviceable 6/7 with 19 points in 65 games. There’s a lot worse in the league, & I have no doubt he’s earned himself an NHL contract next season. Flyers fans just hold against him that he played over some higher touted young prospects. Not his fault.

Reactions: Harold Bingo

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad