Confirmed with Link: Brandon Kozun traded to Toronto Maple Leafs (for Andrew Crescenzi)

bmr

Jan 23, 2013
Kozun settling in well with the Toronto Marlies...three-point night and the first star! Brandon Kozun gets the first goal as well as the game-winning goal in overtime. :handclap: 4-3 win! (With Kozun's night tonight, Scrivens's stunner the other night, and the glimpse of Thomas Hickey in NHL Revealed, it's been a good week for Kings alumni.)

ETA: According to the Toronto board, that's 5 points in 5 games for Kozun.

I doubt Kozun ever ends up being effective in the NHL. IMHO, Weal passed him on the depth chart. Look at Cammalleri - he tore up the AHL before getting to the NHL and even he had problems in the beginning.

etherialone

dialed in your mom
Mar 6, 2008
The Ether
Kozun has an NHL skillset and should get his shot. I understand that we are team that covets and succeeds with size but BK is a heart and skill player and should have been given his shot. I hope that the Leafs give him every chance to become an everyday player because I think he has proven he deserves a shot and believe that if he gets it he will prove his detractors wrong.

I followed this kid from his pre draft days and he has always improved and done better than expected. I don't see any difference in him today. Great 3rd liner with grit and skill who plays hardevery shift. His size is the only thing that has held him back to this point.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
Kozun has an NHL skillset and should get his shot. I understand that we are team that covets and succeeds with size but BK is a heart and skill player and should have been given his shot. I hope that the Leafs give him every chance to become an everyday player because I think he has proven he deserves a shot and believe that if he gets it he will prove his detractors wrong.

I followed this kid from his pre draft days and he has always improved and done better than expected. I don't see any difference in him today. Great 3rd liner with grit and skill who plays hardevery shift. His size is the only thing that has held him back to this point.

While size is an issue, my other criticism of him is, for a lot of his career, his decision-making was less suited to a structured system. He went all over the place. He caused havoc not only to the opposition, but his teammates as they didn't know where he was going.

He's a talented player, and on the right team should do well. But I think it's unfair and inaccurate to say the Kings didn't give him a chance on size alone. Remember all 30 teams passed up grabbing him for free on waivers.

etherialone

dialed in your mom
Mar 6, 2008
The Ether
I disagree KP.

BK was only as disruptive as most young players and then so only in MCH. Prior to that he was spot on and seen as a solid two way forward which he eventually proved himself to be again in MCH. As for his going unclaimed on waivers there are many reasons that have nothing to do with his play for that. He cleared waivers but ended up being valuable enough to be part of a minor trade only proves that to be true.

I think that at this point we will have to wait and see how it works out for BK but the Kings never gave him a shot to see what he could do at the NHL level so we will never know how we would have done in our pro system.

It happens. Not a big deal but like many other prospects of ours that I seem to be largely alone in seeing value in I believe BK has all of the tools to play in the NHL and to be a solid 3rd liner at that.

Hopefully time will tell.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad