Confirmed with Link: Brandon Kozun signs with Jokerit (KHL)

Reddaye

Nov 1, 2011
New Brunswick
Kind of surprising, and a bit sad, but at the end of the day the reality is that players like Kozun are a dime a dozen, and we have plenty of bodies that can replace him.

Best of luck to him though.

Finnpin

"internet"
Oct 10, 2005
Helsinki
Jokerit plays in russia. Just some games in finland. Screw finland.

Kozun has to freeze in russia now for the most of the time.
:laugh: :facepalm: Jokerit is based in Helsinki Finland, only away games are in Russia and also in Slovakia, Belarus, Croatia and Latvia.

Jokerit also flies to all away games with Finnair charter flights.

And freezin Canadian? what's that?

Last edited:

Super Mega

Jun 29, 2013
I liked Kozun, he looked great out of camp but that injury took him right out of it.

He played such a dangerous style, I remember being able to anticipate his injury before it happened just by how dangerous he was rushing in. He was playing for his hockey career so its expected and commendable.

Hope the pace suits him elsewhere and he doesn't looks so dangerous

TheLeafsBro

Mar 14, 2014
London, ON
I remember that game he worked his ass off and managed to score a goal and then was a healthy scratch the next game. I remember being damn pissed about it too.

Good luck Kozun.

senor martinez

Komarov's cohonez
Oct 1, 2014
:laugh: :facepalm: Jokerit is based in Helsinki Finland, only away games are in Russia and also in Slovakia, Belarus, Croatia and Latvia.

Jokerit also flies to all away games with Finnair charter flights.

And freezin Canadian? what's that?
Jokerit can be in finland all they want. This team of jokeris will be playing ice hockey at russia the most of the the time. All over europe and in russia. Kozun will have to freeze in russia the most of the time, flying all over siperia etc. So that's gotta be fun right.

Jokerit should just quit and move to russia all together. All together, Jokerit should just quit.

Finnpin

"internet"
Oct 10, 2005
Helsinki
^^ more Picard worthy stuff. Most of the time in Russia? You do understand that half of the season games will be in Helsinki and Kozun will live in Helsinki with free apartment and a free new car in his use. They will have only few games in Siberia and Canada must be so warm place during winter...poor Kozun. I hope Jokerit will buy him a beanie. Though he will make way more money than in AHL so maybe he can buy his own beanie.

And bus rides in AHL must be super fun compared to top airline company's charter flights. Poor Kozun.

Last edited:

LeafSteel

GO LEAFS GO!!!
Mar 5, 2014
Toronto
He was a feel good story and a good example, but didn't have the skillset to overcome his other deficiencies.

Wish him well, but I never expected him to stick with the Leafs. Marlies was the highest I had him pegged.

BB

Finnpin

"internet"
Oct 10, 2005
Helsinki
Good start from Kozun in KHL.

Leads the league in pts after 11 games. 6 goals + 11 assists = 17 pts.

His line: Niklas Hagman - Peter Regin - Brandon Kozun

If he continues this form, he will be back in the Bigs next season.

pheasant

Nov 2, 2010
Good start from Kozun in KHL.

Leads the league in pts after 11 games. 6 goals + 11 assists = 17 pts.

His line: Niklas Hagman - Peter Regin - Brandon Kozun

If he continues this form, he will be back in the Bigs next season.

That's pretty cool for him! Congrats to Brandon. If he decides to take another kick at the NHL can, I hope Toronto would be an option. Was excited for him when he landed a spot out of camp before.

Cool to see Hagman's name pop up, too. Lots and lots of former Leafs playing in Europe.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Good for him. I've really liked his game with the Marlies and even when he was up with the Leafs.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
It does represent a good source of info to demonstrate the level of competition in the KHL to the NHL and that stats across leagues are not consistent when using Kozun as an example .

Sip

Jul 18, 2013
I was impressed with his play last year, especially for his stature. He was fast and had good hands, seemed to play with some heart.
I hope he does well, and I think he would fit right in with the Leafs new management group and their philosophy.

Punch Drunk Loov

Gaaaaary Roberts!
Dec 6, 2011
He had a great preseason last year and he started the year with something to prove but he wasn't the same after his injury or at least he lost his hot streak and combined with being so small didn't look good for a bottom 6 player on the team

Primary Assist

The taste of honey is worse than none at all
Jul 7, 2010
I was actually pretty excited for this guy when the Leafs acquired him from LA. He's also doing a great job of disproving anyone who says the KHL is equal to the NHL.

1Gold Standard

Jun 13, 2012
I was actually pretty excited for this guy when the Leafs acquired him from LA. He's also doing a great job of disproving anyone who says the KHL is equal to the NHL.

And so is Cam Barker. The #2 scoring D-man in the KHL so far this season.

Christ

Mar 10, 2004
Canada
Good for him. Unless/until the NHL expands again, I doubt there will be a place on a decent NHL roster for a guy like Kozun.

Finnpin

"internet"
Oct 10, 2005
Helsinki
Kozun plays in KHL top 6 role, gets more ice time and pp time. Has clicked with his linemates so he produces too. Many of you dont seem to understand it when starting to compare the leagues. Yep KHL isnt NHL level but its still the second best league in the world.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad