Confirmed with Link: Brandon Kozun signs with Jokerit (KHL)

Morguee

Jan 22, 2010
If he thought he was going to make the team, he would have signed with the team.

He didn't.

Yup, I have a feeling the Leafs are telling the guys like Kozun and Ross if there is another opportunity for them they should take it.

Punch Drunk Loov

Gaaaaary Roberts!
Dec 6, 2011
Yeah probably management deciding they'd rather give the opportunity to someone else. He did reasonably well here, best of luck. He played like a snipeshow in the preseason.

deletethis

Mar 17, 2015
Toronto
His game is perfect for the big ice surface in Europe. He'll do well. He was the previous regime's project. He was unremarkable after the rest of the NHL got closer to full speed. The career AHLer comes into camp at peak condition, plays hard every minute of the preseason, makes the team then struggles once the NHL regular season competition kicks in. Seen it dozens of times. The NHL preseason is highly overrated as a legitimate player evaluation scheme, vets play at 3/4 speed. Best of luck to him.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
His game is perfect for the big ice surface in Europe. He'll do well. He was the previous regime's project. He was unremarkable after the rest of the NHL got closer to full speed. The career AHLer comes into camp at peak condition, plays hard every minute of the preseason, makes the team then struggles once the NHL regular season competition kicks in. Seen it dozens of times. The NHL preseason is highly overrated as a legitimate player evaluation scheme, vets play at 3/4 speed. Best of luck to him.

it also didn't help the kid had a high ankle sprain and missed several weeks. so he was behind the eight ball.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011

We share this view.

Christ

Mar 10, 2004
Canada
When I can barely remember the name of the player leaving the team I usually think that is a good thing. Apart from a good training camp and an early season injury I can't remember a thing that happened with this player during the season.

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
If Babcock had a use for him, he would have been signed here IMHO.

His agent must not have been able to drum up any interest for him around the NHL.

So, have a blast in the KHL Brandon.

fahad203

Oct 3, 2009

His agent must not have been able to drum up any interest for him around the NHL.

I think you'll find a lot of players will have bad year under Babcock. Franson flourished under Randy because he let him play the way he wanted to. Some players will now have to play 200 zone game and trap, it may not fit their game

I wish the kid the best.

Finnpin

"internet"
Oct 10, 2005
Helsinki
Sounds like he could do fine on bigger ice and I like hearing that he competes hard. Kozun thinks Jokerit/KHL is now a good place for him to take the next step as player. Will get ice time here for sure.

burpsalot

Feb 12, 2015

Agreed. Out of the luxury to the K. Good luck, but if the Leafs develop the way we would like, he wouldn't even get a sniff here.

senor martinez

Komarov's cohonez
Oct 1, 2014
Sounds like he could do fine on bigger ice and I like hearing that he competes hard. Kozun thinks Jokerit/KHL is now a good place for him to take the next step as player. Will get ice time here for sure.
He'll do great with the jokerit I guarantee it sir. Kozun is just the player to have if wanting a player with an attitude. Just like they're doing that thing with the Ice Cube and all. It really works with Kozun too. Congratulations.

grits207

Jun 24, 2009
Saint John, N.B.
No loss here. He was fun to watch last preseason but unfortunately didn't make any impact in the regular season after coming back from his injury. Probably could have been an ok 4th liner for us next season but guys like him are a dime a dozen and this frees up another contract.

Good luck to him with Jokerit. I could see him putting up big numbers in the KHL where his size will be less of an issue.

htpwn

Nov 4, 2009
Toronto
A little bit surprised he signed so early.

Obviously the Leafs told him they weren't interested in bringing him back.

Too bad and wish him the best in Europe.

mcleex

Fire Parros
Jul 3, 2009
Thank god, was not much of a fan of his when he was here

Not sure why other people liked him so much

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad