Confirmed with Link: Brandon Kozun signs with Jokerit (KHL)

Rude Dog

Dec 22, 2008
too bad. Really liked him. Too bad he got hurt so early in the season.

Duke16

Apr 14, 2015
Ontario
**** he would've made the team this year, really liked him and good luck to Brandon in the KHL

Turk Broda

Jun 2, 2009
I was not expecting this at all. Oh well, best of luck to him. I think he had a decent chance of earning a spot on our bottom six next season. But this could be a good move long term for him personally if he has success in the KHL.

Barilko14

Jul 5, 2006
Renfrew, ON
**** he would've made the team this year, really liked him and good luck to Brandon in the KHL

He had good heart, hussle, but we've got lots of guys that can take his spot.

Panik, Bailey, Frattin as direct competition Soshnikov and Brown having outside chances of passing him on the depth chart.

Nothing to really be disappointed about IMO.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Not much of a loss but I liked his game. High motor and played fairly well in his role. Solid depth player.

Duke16

Apr 14, 2015
Ontario
He had good heart, hussle, but we've got lots of guys that can take his spot.

Panik, Bailey, Frattin as direct competition Soshnikov and Brown having outside chances of passing him on the depth chart.

Nothing to really be disappointed about IMO.

I know but I favoured him because I liked his style of play.

showtime8

Jun 30, 2010
Toronto, ON
I think he'll do well in the European leagues. He utilizes his speed and energy really well and that will play well on the big ice.

Good luck Brandon.

showtime8

Jun 30, 2010
Toronto, ON
I don't like this, we lost an energy guy who actually cared. Could have made the team this year.

Didn't have the size tho.

He was always on his backside when he went to retrieve the puck in the offensive zone and defensive zone. Tough way to join any play when you're a couple steps behind.

He was fun to watch though.

Budsfan

Sep 17, 2006
Not much of a loss but I liked his game. High motor and played fairly well in his role. Solid depth player.

This is what I saw too, a hard-working player, that played well in a role and a solid depth guy.

If the Leafs wanted him, they probably could have re-signed him but I guess they didn't see him as a player that they can't replace.

PuckMagi

Apr 13, 2013
Toronto
Oh well... not a huge loss... but I liked the guy.

I thought he stood a chance at making the team. I like the fact that he skates hard and can play the PK. He adds some skill to the 4th line.

But I guess if he makes the team, that probably means our team isn't very good. I suppose I'd rather see Frattin and Leivo play instead anyways so there might not have been room for him regardless.

Joufreau

Jan 10, 2013
Ottawa
that's kind of disappointing...I liked Kozun's game

I thought he would have stuck around this year considering how many roster spots should be available. This might have been the year where he could have finally stuck in the show, even if it only would have been in a bottom 6 capacity

good luck to you Brandon

Budsfan

Sep 17, 2006
brandon kozun @kozy15
Thanks to all the @MapleLeafs fans excited for the new opportunity in @jokerithc

egd27

Donec nunc annum
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
GTA
If he thought he was going to make the team, he would have signed with the team.

He didn't.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad