Confirmed with Link: Brandon Kozun signs with Jokerit (KHL)

Jyrki Lumme

Generational User
Mar 5, 2014
Kozun plays in KHL top 6 role, gets more ice time and pp time. Has clicked with his linemates so he produces too. Many of you dont seem to understand it when starting to compare the leagues. Yep KHL isnt NHL level but its still the second best league in the world.

Except Kozun was given top 6 minutes in the AHL (a supposedly worse league), and he could never put up anything more than decent numbers. Kozun just isn't good enough to play in the NHL, regardless of what role he's cast in.

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
Martin St. Louis 2.0.

He looked good last year out of camp, fast, quick and seems know where to go.
His injuries screwed him and I just think he rushed back.

Stigma

May 24, 2015
Mississauga
He'll be back.

hqdefault.jpg

Finnpin

"internet"
Oct 10, 2005
Helsinki
Except Kozun was given top 6 minutes in the AHL (a supposedly worse league), and he could never put up anything more than decent numbers. Kozun just isn't good enough to play in the NHL, regardless of what role he's cast in.
So, there are players who have put great numbers in AHL but cant do nothing in Europe. It's not so easy math as you think.

Jyrki Lumme

Generational User
Mar 5, 2014
So, there are players who have put great numbers in AHL but cant do nothing in Europe. It's not so easy math as you think.

Ok, that's fine. I'm just clarifying that you aren't saying he should be an NHL player. If he's playing well in Europe, that's great, maybe he's better suited for the big ice.

HockeyCA

Dec 15, 2009
Should we assume then that a player like Soshnikov has very little, to any chance, of making any sort of impact at the NHL level, since his numbers will undoubtedly be inferior in almost every respects, at least in regards to KHL production?

It's sometimes a bit difficult to paint with such broad strokes when it comes to certain players. Often role and opportunity play a big part.. Not always, but sometimes.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia

I remember when Zuccarelo just entered the league, people kept saying how much he sucked, wasn't St. Louis and had no place in the NHL. I tried to argue with them, but it was hopeless. Now Rags fans consider him no less than the franchize savior... OK, perhaps not a savior, but a solid top6 player, who is very important to the team. How everything has changed... Btw Zucc's numbers in the KHL weren't that impressive.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad