Player Discussion Brandon Davidson

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
So I've been reading this thread for the past few pages and I'm still not sure if I should be excited for Davidson as a Habs fan. However, the ones who like him really seem to like him, and the ones who don't simply say that he's decent but nothing special.

I've seen a lot of Oilers fans in the Trade Rumous and Free Agent board dismissing him as an expendable player, so I'm still not sure what to think. It's obvious that his injury has hampered him but I don't see any consensus about him among Oiler fans.

So, can any of you folks give a short scouting report on Brandon Davidson?

Reliable is the best word. He's not a game breaker, but he just goes out and shuts down the other team. He can be physical when he needs to, and he has a big shot. The consensus around the league last year was that he was a #4. He's not quite at that level, but you can likely expect him to be a very good #5

Dorian2

Define that balance
Jul 17, 2009
Edmonton
Hope Davidson does well in Habsland. He's always been a player I've been fairly impartial too though. Never saw the hype about him at all. Seems like a fairly dime a dozen bottom pairing D that can take a 3/4 position occassionally. JMO.

EDIT: Good post MessierII. Sums up the player just like I see him. You put it much better than I would have.

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
So I've been reading this thread for the past few pages and I'm still not sure if I should be excited for Davidson as a Habs fan. However, the ones who like him really seem to like him, and the ones who don't simply say that he's decent but nothing special.

I've seen a lot of Oilers fans in the Trade Rumous and Free Agent board dismissing him as an expendable player, so I'm still not sure what to think. It's obvious that his injury has hampered him but I don't see any consensus about him among Oiler fans.

So, can any of you folks give a short scouting report on Brandon Davidson?
He had a really good stretch on an injury depleted blue line last year and is an alberta native with a great story of overcoming cancer and working his way through the system so it's no surprise he has his share of fans. He's also one of the few D we've managed to develop internally to get to this level in a long time another reason he's a fan favorite. He's just an overall pretty solid D man. Doesn't really excel at anything but isn't bad at anything either. He's lost a step with his back to back major injuries so he looks slower but he's a smart defensive player overall. Has some puck moving ability but is limited in that regard. Good shot (clocked at over 90 miles an hour) but rarely gets in a position to use it. His best work comes on the defensive end where he's just a smart positional player and has enough size to win battles.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $200.00