Player Discussion Brandon Carlo II

Status
Not open for further replies.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I'd love Krug at 6/40.5 even up to 42 or so

I can't say I'm with you on going anywhere close to 6.4 million for Coyle, unless there is some dramatic increase in production this yer. I like the guy, he played great in the playoff, but you don't give 40 point players that type of money. (and he has averaged 39 in his NHL career)

Anyway, great deal with Carlo,
He’s had a 56 point season and only turned 27 in March.

He’s perfect for this system on his own but provides both insurance against injury for 37 & 46 as well

Many of us were ready to gamble on McAvoy 7-8 years at over 7 M with such a small amount to go on

Coyle has had his moments and I’d be willing to gamble on him 6-6.5 M for 5 yrs

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown

He’s perfect for this system on his own but provides both insurance against injury for 37 & 46 as well

Many of us were ready to gamble on McAvoy 7-8 years at over 7 M with such a small amount to go on

Love how Coyle fits in with this group - and he hasn't hit 40 pts in a season the last two years, and only cracked 20 goals once. All signs point to him loving it here. He's a keeper for sure but it won't take much more than he's making IMO.

Tbaybruin

Feb 2, 2016

I would consider 5mil 6 year. Nice raise and both sides should be happy. Also right in line with our salary structure. Load up the first two years of the deal for him

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I would consider 5mil 6 year. Nice raise and both sides should be happy. Also right in line with our salary structure. Load up the first two years of the deal for him
if he can do that I'm all in....I had McAvoy at 3/16.5ish (dropped to 3/15.75 when I saw Wreneski) and Carlo in the 3's....3.5 M if the last year qualifying offer was that, or 3/9 with incremental raises 2,3,4 M where the qualifying is $4M.

I'm impressed what they did here.

I would like now to see if they are going to sign Krug or let him play out while all those lefties develop another year....I think if you can get Krug 6 years at 6.75 M you do it- he will age well, plays better under pressure than not, and is a leader and a bridge to the old and young)

Come on Donny sign Torey (one disclaimer, I would not give him the Spurdgeon deal but his value is $7.5 M and 10% hometown discount brings AVV to $6.75 M...cant speak for Krug but they offer me 6/40.5 with full NMC I take it in a heartbeat)

Reactions: bbfan419

Tbaybruin

Feb 2, 2016
if he can do that I'm all in....I had McAvoy at 3/16.5ish (dropped to 3/15.75 when I saw Wreneski) and Carlo in the 3's....3.5 M if the last year qualifying offer was that, or 3/9 with incremental raises 2,3,4 M where the qualifying is $4M.

I'm impressed what they did here.

I would like now to see if they are going to sign Krug or let him play out while all those lefties develop another year....I think if you can get Krug 6 years at 6.75 M you do it- he will age well, plays better under pressure than not, and is a leader and a bridge to the old and young)

Come on Donny sign Torey (one disclaimer, I would not give him the Spurdgeon deal but his value is $7.5 M and 10% hometown discount brings AVV to $6.75 M...cant speak for Krug but they offer me 6/40.5 with full NMC I take it in a heartbeat)
I’m all in 100%. One reason our guys take discounts is that they love this team and great players on it. They won’t be happy with out Krug. He is a big piece to this team. If Krug leaves we will regret that day for a long time. This will also open up a piece to trade for a legit RW I love this team the next two years. We now have the deepest roster at all positions in the NHL

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
I love Trouba.... and his deal is obviously long term... but still, it's damn nice to have our top 2 RD coming in beneath his #

Oh sure, the term plays a role in it. Still amazing that next year we'll spend less cap space on two top 4 d-men, than a team like the Rangers is spending on 1.

Reactions: TwineTickler

TwineTickler

TheUltimateBruin
May 13, 2006
Fairfield County, CT
Sweeney is getting it done.

GM of the year? Absolutely deserved and confirmed now.

Now it all comes down to what he does during the season and approaching the deadline....

I'm curious about what the Krug situation is going to be. I'm in the minority that would move him...

But yes, Donny looking like a million bucks right now

Reactions: lopey

Otherworld

Oct 26, 2016
Another solid signing. Although I ragged on Sweeney about Backes because he needs to take the brunt of the criticism in regards to that contract.

Sweeney has done an excellent job with both Charlie and Brandon.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Was expecting this deal to be between 3-4 mill, DS keeps the boys together on incredibly cap friendly deals

EON

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 31, 2013
Raleigh, NC
The Backes mistake prevented Sweeney from signing one or both of these guys long term which is unfortunate, but these are solid bridge deals. The team is set up well to contend the next few seasons and cap space will come up at the right time.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
The Backes mistake prevented Sweeney from signing one or both of these guys long term which is unfortunate, but these are solid bridge deals. The team is set up well to contend the next few seasons and cap space will come up at the right time.

still painful but at least Sweeney has not continued that trend of signing, his good has far outweighed the bad but just shows how one or two mistakes can restrict a team from doing some things with a lack of flexibility

Reactions: bbfan419
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad