Post-Game Talk: Brady won the Tkachuk Bowl

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Couple weeks ago I posted how I was disappointed in Connor Brown, largely because he wasn't winning puck battles and was often fumbling loose pucks.

He's been very very good since then, and I thought last night was his best game as a Sen. Absolute beast.

Clearly he caught wind of your constructive criticisms and immediately acted on them. Please do Gudbranson and Reilly next.:sarcasm:

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Yeah ,Brown has that JGP vibe...Not as prolific as him... But one of those just good hustle players ,that teams need to win ...No interest in seeing him leave...If we could ever find another top 6 center I think him White and Paul would form one of the best 3rd lines in the league

FunkySeeFunkyDoo

Feb 3, 2009
Ottawa
His play is infectious, even if he is brutally executing basic 2on1 and odd man rush plays, his work ethic and hustle are elite.
To be fair, his 2-on-1 with Chabot where he was on the receiving end of Chabot's pass and took a shot was a pretty good save by Riddich. Sure, a pure goal scorer would have buried it, but Brown's attempt was respectable and he just got stopped.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
To be fair, his 2-on-1 with Chabot where he was on the receiving end of Chabot's pass and took a shot was a pretty good save by Riddich. Sure, a pure goal scorer would have buried it, but Brown's attempt was respectable and he just got stopped.

I'd have stopped at great hustle and winning board battles . The scoring thing.. well we will need more evidence.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Tkachuk-White-Dadonov
Stutzle-Paul-Batherson
Dzingel-Norris-Brown
Peca-Tierney-Watson

1 : same line as it was with Stone but Brady and Colin have more experience now, could get Dadonov going. Daddy is no Stone but is no slouch either. Tkachuk is a corsi monster and creates havoc in front of the net and in corners, White's game is evolving rapidly and Dadonov does a bit of everything

2 : Stu-Bath duo is obvious but they need a better puck possession center that is good defensively. Nick is strong like Thanos (someone actually make a photoshop with this please), good on faceoffs and is an underrated playmaker with a powerful shot. He would help out the 2 kids the most among all other potential Centers (Norris too but still a 21 y/o rookie)

3 : DAT SPEED lol. It will give teams fits, you can match up that line against anybody. Norris already good on faceoffs, still a bit green but already good defensively. Brown is our best defensive forward, very hard to play against.

4 : That's a fine 4th line.

Fantastic game from start to finish, but man....Calgary looks awful.

Yep. They were a joke tonight. What is up with their stars?

Really? I'm not saying the Flames are good or will make the playoffs but this game could have easily went their way. Game was 3-1 until that empty net goal, and that 3rd goal was on a gaffe from their goalie.

They were all over us in the first period, Murray made a few dandy saves or we could have been down at least 2-0 after 1. We struggled all night in the defensive zone (as it is often the case) but thankfully we spent most of the 2nd period attacking and got the lead. Our goalie preserved the lead until that empty net goal, Flames had glorious scoring chances in the 3rd. It was really close until the end. Shot count doesn't always tell you the whole story. We played well in general but this wasn't a 5-1 easy game because in our zone is still very dirty.

I mean yes the score flatter us but I wouldn't call any other team "awful" lol... We have been awful ourselves in close to 50% of our games

dumbdick

Galactic Defender
May 31, 2008
Really? I'm not saying the Flames are good or will make the playoffs but this game could have easily went their way. Game was 3-1 until that empty net goal, and that 3rd goal was on a gaffe from their goalie.

They were all over us in the first period, Murray made a few dandy saves or we could have been down at least 2-0 after 1. We struggled all night in the defensive zone (as it is often the case) but thankfully we spent most of the 2nd period attacking and got the lead. Our goalie preserved the lead until that empty net goal, Flames had glorious scoring chances in the 3rd. It was really close until the end. Shot count doesn't always tell you the whole story. We played well in general but this wasn't a 5-1 easy game because in our zone is still very dirty.

I mean yes the score flatter us but I wouldn't call any other team "awful" lol... We have been awful ourselves in close to 50% of our games

Us sucking and them sucking are not mutually exclusive things. Their stars mostly disappeared last night and I do think they looked pretty awful overall.

We played pretty well last night, but they didn't offer much pushback at all. If I'm a flames fan, that's a stinker.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Us sucking and them sucking are not mutually exclusive things. Their stars mostly disappeared last night and I do think they looked pretty awful overall.

We played pretty well last night, but they didn't offer much pushback at all. If I'm a flames fan, that's a stinker.

Well agree to disagree, it was a close game and usually it is when there is an empty net at the end. Anisimov goal was lucky, Batherson's 2nd should never happen with that goalie gaffe and was also lucky as it deflected off Giordano's skates. Both goalies made several clutch saves throughout the game and Murray came in clutch in the last 10 minutes when it was still 3-1, making at least 4 point blank stops.

Watching the condensed game gives up a better perspective. NHL.com or Don't Tell Me The Score

Answer

Dec 17, 2006
Edmonton
Well agree to disagree, it was a close game and usually it is when there is an empty net at the end. Anisimov goal was lucky, Batherson's 2nd should never happen with that goalie gaffe and was also lucky as it deflected off Giordano's skates. Both goalies made several clutch saves throughout the game and Murray came in clutch in the last 10 minutes when it was still 3-1, making at least 4 point blank stops.

Watching the condensed game gives up a better perspective. NHL.com or Don't Tell Me The Score

Game was a bit closer than the score suggest but we were the better team and besides a goal is a goal. No such thing as a "lucky goal". It was a great play that ended up as a goal.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Game was a bit closer than the score suggest but we were the better team and besides a goal is a goal. No such thing as a "lucky goal". It was a great play that ended up as a goal.

Not disagreeing with this, we won that game with a great 2nd period where we kept attacking and attacking; but the Flames were better in 1st and 3rd period until that empty net goal. The 5-1 score doesn't tell the whole story. Murray didn't give a bad goal like Rittich did and thank God for once also no bad luck double deflection goal against too (we had a lot of that early in the season)

The point of my posts here was more to say that the we didn't just win because the Flames were "awful" or a "joke". They had some pretty good stretches during that game.

Answer

Dec 17, 2006
Edmonton
Not disagreeing with this, we won that game with a great 2nd period where we kept attacking and attacking; but the Flames were better in 1st and 3rd period until that empty net goal. The 5-1 score doesn't tell the whole story. Murray didn't give a bad goal like Rittich did and thank God for once also no bad luck double deflection goal against too (we had a lot of that early in the season)

The point of my posts here was more to say that the we didn't just win because the Flames were "awful" or a "joke". They had some pretty good stretches during that game.

Flames are a pretty decent team and they even played a solid first game against us. They almost beat Toronto twice with a shutout, if it wasn't for the last minute game typing goal.

I think that 1-7 drubbing by the Oilers last week created some panic and commotion around the team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad