Post-Game Talk: Brady won the Tkachuk Bowl

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
I'd be interested to see us try Paul centering Stutzle and Batherson. He has the smarts to keep up with them and his shot would add another threat to that line. Seems like an ideal puck retrieval guy, has the size and the strength to do decently on faceoffs too.
I agree. Something to try when Dzingel gets into the lineup. I'd even keep Peca and remove Anisimov to make room for Paul at C:

Tkachuk - Norris - C. Brown
Dzingel - White - Dadonov
Stutzle - Paul - Batherson
Peca - Tierney - Watson <- can switch Tierney with Norris occasionally. Tierney can get minutes on the PK too

or you could move Paul to center Tkachuk.

Reactions: Matsens15

RAFI BOMB

May 11, 2016
Tierney should be demoted next game. He was only 25% in the faceoff circle and had 2 giveaways. He was very soft on the puck, lost the majority of 50/50 battles and for the most part made poor decisions with the puck. Both Tkachuk and Brown had solid games and Tierney was a very weak part of that line.
The only area where Tierney is good fairly consistently is on the penalty kill, 5 on 5 he should not be played in a top six role.

Hopefully we trade him soon but for the time being keep him in the bottom six. I am genuinely surprised to see anyone on here defend him considering how soft of a player he is. In this game, every time there was an opportunity to pressure the puck carrier along the boards and try to force a turnover he would just gently reaching his stick out and watch as another player was forced to try to win the battle. He is a passive, perimeter player who actively avoids almost all physical play. He also has very little hustle or intensity in his game.

RAFI BOMB

May 11, 2016
Only downside was seeing Tkachuk next to Tierney and C.Brown. Get him on a line with some skilled players, please.
200.gif

dumbdick

Galactic Defender
May 31, 2008
I'd be interested to see us try Paul centering Stutzle and Batherson. He has the smarts to keep up with them and his shot would add another threat to that line. Seems like an ideal puck retrieval guy, has the size and the strength to do decently on faceoffs too.
On top of that, Bath played with him a tonne in Belleville and they already have great chemistry.

Reactions: JaredCowen4Norris

Canadianhero

Jan 16, 2021
The Sens look like they are going on a run here. Just have to destroy Montreal again, beat Calgary 2x and Vancouver 2x and we are right in the mix!

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
I agree. Something to try when Dzingel gets into the lineup. I'd even keep Peca and remove Anisimov to make room for Paul at C:

Tkachuk - Norris - C. Brown
Dzingel - White - Dadonov
Stutzle - Paul - Batherson
Peca - Tierney - Watson <- can switch Tierney with Norris occasionally. Tierney can get minutes on the PK too

or you could move Paul to center Tkachuk.

Nick Paul has recreated himself into a very effective NHL player. Moving him to centre you lose a good portion of what's made him very effective

He can play wing and take faceoffs as needed. Putting him at centre for the most part you lose the forecheck

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Nick Paul has recreated himself into a very effective NHL player. Moving him to centre you lose a good portion of what's made him very effective

He can play wing and take faceoffs as needed. Putting him at centre for the most part you lose the forecheck

he looks great with Watson on the PK

Wallet Inspector

Jan 19, 2013
Nah, I think that's the perfect place for him. Brown generates so many opportunities but can't ever finish. Tkachuk is the finisher.
There were multuple times where Brady made a good effort to get the puck to the next but Brown&Tierney couldn't provide the support needed to produce a goal

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Gudbranson-Coburn didnt get caved in as bad as I thought they would! Glad to see Gudbranson jump in there to stand up for Timmy. f*** Andersson. He's actually a pretty dope player tho.

Yea, Andersson is such a stand out for those guys, makes sense why Sens wanted him as centerpiece for Stone coming back.

Bunch of great guys.

Reactions: Silencio

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Matt Murray was spectacular this game. A++ performance.

Stutzle and Batherson with oozing chemistry. Norris should have scored a couple this game, he overplayed wide open tap-in with gorgeous pass from Drake. If Drake improves his acceleration or first two steps just a bit more he has PPG capabilities; regardless, they have improved a lot since last year. He is playing with oozing confidence and his puck skills are elite.

Stutzle, can't say enough good things about Stutzle, you see how many times he exploded from the middle of the ice and made plays from there? He's going to be our franchise C, absolutely exciting stuff.

Defense had clumsy second period but were solid overall. Zub was excellent. Loved to see Gudbrannson come in to protect Stutzle.

Reactions: AchtzehnBaby

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
I thought we looked sloppy in the first, but as the game went on we took over.

Missed a chunk of the 2nd and had to listen on the radio but the flames seem like a fragile group to me (that used to be our claim to fame)

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
There was.

Gudbranson just took a roughing penalty at the same time for the resulting scrum
IIRC the call on the ice was roughing for both of them. Looks like the NHL has changed the call on the box score. Maybe the referee just misspoke when he announced the call. I remember being mad they didn't call boarding as well.

Karl Eriksson

Boring!
Apr 12, 2007
Ottawa

He has the smarts but maybe not the wheels? Jimmy and Drizzy can fly.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
IIRC the call on the ice was roughing for both of them. Looks like the NHL has changed the call on the box score. Maybe the referee just misspoke when he announced the call. I remember being mad they didn't call boarding as well.
I remember it being called boarding, but maybe that was just the announcers? Idk, either way though it did get call regardless of what rule they applied at the time.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Couple weeks ago I posted how I was disappointed in Connor Brown, largely because he wasn't winning puck battles and was often fumbling loose pucks.

He's been very very good since then, and I thought last night was his best game as a Sen. Absolute beast.

His play is infectious, even if he is brutally executing basic 2on1 and odd man rush plays, his work ethic and hustle are elite.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad