Value of: Brady Tkachuk vs Brock Boeser

Ace of Hades

#Demko4Vezina
Apr 27, 2010
Oregon
Aka. Other than than linemates and rookie season production numbers you cant comment on their skill sets and why one is preferable to you? Understood.

I'm asking for your opinion not other peoples.

I'm explaining why one is superior than the other as how they are as opposed to what their value is.

Whether one prefers the other is up to their discretion.

This isn't hard, and I gave you my opinion.

mydnyte

Sep 8, 2004
as a fan of neither team, nor player Tkachuk for all that he brings in addition to scoring

KnuckChuckinTkachuk

Give'yer balls a tug
Jan 23, 2011
Wait, how so? Are you comparing Tkachuk at 19 and Boeser at 19? Because Boeser scored more points in less games in his first full season (albeit being 20)

Brady just turned 20 this September. Wait to see what he does this year and then judge cause a full year of development is huge for some guys.

ATM if we're using goal scoring to see who is better, then by that metric it's quite frankly Boeser.

If we're using overall game, on n off the ice contributions and what they mean to their respective team's, then I'll take Tkachuk personally (although I won't harp on people who prioritize/value pure goal scoring)

John Johnson

Apr 11, 2019
That's just it though....both seasons were "shortened". Durability is a huge thing in the NHL.
Yeah I agree, but its pretty hard to avoid getting your back basically broken by an open door along the boards when you're pushed into it.

Teflon Jim

Apr 4, 2018
38.5 goals and 31.36 goals per year? :sarcasm:

In all reality, for me, Boeser needs to stay healthy, play a full season, score 40 and shut the naysayers up. The only problem right now is you cant claim someone is a 40 goal scorer in theory. Either they have or they havent. The fact that Boeser scored at a fantastic clip but cant do it over 82 game is a problem and until he hits those numbers it's always going to be a theory. I know he can score 40, hell maybe even 50 but he has to do it. A guy who scores 25 goals in 41 games then doesnt play the rest of the year isnt a 50 goal scorer. Hes a 25 goal scorer with an elite gpg.

Boeser will get there soon though, I dont doubt that.
Ok the numbers say Boeser scored 29 goals and Tkachuk scored 22 and with no projection it is what it is so Boeser at this point is better with no projections just more goals scored thats all.

Teflon Jim

Apr 4, 2018
If his brother is any indication of how his development curve is like, this is a slam dunk for Tkachuk for me.
His brother is not him and Brady stands on his own like Boeser.
Could you project Keith Gretzky to Wayne or Steve Kariya to Paul?

Manhattan

Dec 23, 2013
Stockholm
Can’t believe no one’s brought up skating ability in here.

Scoring + skating are superior in the modern hockey.

Easy choice.

HenrikW

Feb 21, 2018
His brother is not him and Brady stands on his own like Boeser.
Could you project Keith Gretzky to Wayne or Steve Kariya to Paul?

Thats just a dumb comment. Neither of the mentioned players were anywhere near in terms of playstyle and skill, nor is the gap nearly that large between the two Tkachuks.

Szechwan

Sep 13, 2006
Canuck fan; I don't think there's a massive gap here. Brady brings a lot that Brock doesn't, and that's absolutely a valid reason to rank him higher. Brock meanwhile has one of the best shots in the league, something that Brady likely won't ever be able to claim.

All just depends on what your team needs.

AndreRoy

Jan 3, 2018
Are you trying to convince that person their opinion is wrong? FYI Boeser has scored at a 0.47 GPG click and 0.38 GPG click in both his shortened rookie and sophmore seasons respectively. Thats almost a goal every other game. Im sure you're good enough at math I don't need to tell you what his totals would be pro-rated to a full 82 games.

GPG rates don’t scale linearly with the number of games played.

Teflon Jim

Apr 4, 2018
Thats just a dumb comment. Neither of the mentioned players were anywhere near in terms of playstyle and skill, nor is the gap nearly that large between the two Tkachuks.
The point is each player stands on their own achievements not their brothers.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad