Value of: Brady Tkachuk vs Brock Boeser

Ace of Hades

#Demko4Vezina
Apr 27, 2010
Oregon
No bias in this response eh? You've provided 0 reasoning why you think Boeser is better.

I'd say Boesers first year linemates arent any worse than Tkachuks first year linemates. And Boesers 2018-2019 linemates were significantly better than Tkachuks. Tkachuk played mostly with Tierney or White as his centre and Duclair or Boedker on the other wing. Thats probably the worse first/second line in hockey.

You have to be extremely biased to suggest he isn't better. Boeser is easily the more proven player. He's easily better.
The consensus also agree with that in the poll rankings.

Boeser played a good portion of his season with Sam Gagner and Thomas Vanek as his linemates, and produced consistently, let that sink in for you. Tkachuk had better linemates than that. White> Gagner, Duclair>= Vanek. In his sophomore season, he went through a serious injury and needed to adjust to the rigid schedule where he was rusty overall going through a sophomore slump, and was close to 60 points. Don't act like you know anything about how Boeser's season went.

I can't wait for Boeser to break out and show these downplayers what he can do.

what would it take besides Konecny to land Boeser ? :popcorn:

Provorov.

04hockey

Sep 28, 2017
You have to be extremely biased to suggest he isn't better. Boeser is easily the more proven player. He's easily better.

Boeser played a good portion of his season with Sam Gagner and Thomas Vanek as his linemates, and produced consistently, let that sink in for you. Tkachuk had better linemates than that. White> Gagner, Duclair>= Vanek. In his sophomore season, he went through a serious injury and needed to adjust to the rigid schedule where he was rusty overall going through a sophomore slump, and was close to 60 points. Don't act like you know anything about how Boeser's season went.

Provorov.

Sr. maybe …..don't have a clue how old he is but draw up the paperwork :sarcasm:

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Tkachuk has more value, doesnt take away from Boeser as a young future superstar player or not

zcaptain

Apr 4, 2012
Both Amazing Players

Interesting debate !

I find it interesting that in Boeser's rookie year, he was neck and neck with Matt Barzal for the Calder, until he was injured, and even then ended up in 2nd place in voting.

He was 1 year older than Brady, when he entered the league, (Brock being 20 and Brady being 19) Brady ended up in 5th place among Calder finalists.....

I think the ceilings are very close in reality, but I think that as Brock has actually reached higher in points, Brocks Offensive ceiling is proven higher and scored 10 more points in his rookie season, as compared to Brady.

That does not, account for other intangibles, like physicalness, when Brady is certainly more adept. I would however go back to the first all-star game Brock played where playing with the NHL elite, stood out.

In all, I give a slight edge to ceiling to Brock, but the difference would be marginal at best. Glad to have Boeser on our team, but would absolutely be just as happy with Brady.....

Frankie Blueberries

Allergic to draft picks
Jan 27, 2016
An elite goalscorer who has never hit 30 goals?

Tkachuk at 19 is better than Boeser at 19. The former brings a more complete game and projects to have a higher ceiling, too.

That's not the best way to frame it considering Boeser was injured and could have easily scored in the 30-35 range if healthy. The Sedins said he has the best wrist shot they've seen since Naslund.

I do agree that Tkachuk is more valuable and is a more complete player though. I would say the range in points won't be huge, could easily see them being within 5-10 points of each other.

TheFuture06

Sep 14, 2019
I think you might have to look at some of the key players that surrounded Brady Tkachuk and Brock Boeser. Mainly one in Elias Pettersson with Boeser. He helped Boeser quite a bit in Vancouver I think.

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
Tough. Brady is more complete but Boeser is going to be one of the best finishers in the league.

If I could trade for one I’d go after Boeser.

Hoglander

I'm Höglander. I can do whatever I want.
Jan 4, 2019
Midtown, New York
Tough call. The age difference doesn't help. It would be hard to pass on (another) Tkachuk based on the overall ability with size and grit. On the other hand, Boeser has one of the deadliest shots in the game and will likely have some very impressive seasons beside Pettersson, assuming he stays healthy.

MagicalRazor

Oct 25, 2016
Arguing over apples , they are pretty much equal players on the score sheet , Brady brings more grit , boser brings more finesse

Reactions: Szechwan

meefer

Jun 9, 2015
Bangkok
Though my Leafs can no longer afford either player, I’d love to have either suit up in the blue and white. Both are excellent players and each fan base should enjoy the contributions they make to their respective team. We’re i to pick one, it would be Tkachuk, because of his aggressiveness, something we lack. But Brock would make me smile too. Enjoy ‘Em both. They’re great players.

Reactions: Sen sational

Taytro

Oct 22, 2014
Ottawa, Ontario

Well let's start by saying I'm not a Senators fan so I'm not biased. Were 3 messages in and you still fail to give one reason to why you think Boeser is better.

If your only argument is that the linemates Boeser played with in his first year are worse than the ones Tkachuk played with then we can say Gagner was a 50pt player the year before he played with Boeser, and Vanek was a 48 point player in 70 games the year before he played with Boeser. White was a rookie and Duclair was a 23 point player who was regularly scratched and traded multiple times. In fact Gagner and Vanek were probably more offensively proven than any player on the Senators roster last year.

Looking at offensive production it certainly seems that Boeser had more help in his rookie year than Tkachuk did. And Boesers 2nd year he played with borderline elite players.

So without revisiting the linemate argument, and without just referencing other peoples opinion, why do think Boeser is the exponentially better player? Do you think he has a better 200ft game? Do you think he plays with more physicality?

I think Boeser is more of a pure offensive player. His outside scoring is better, he has a better shot, hes faster and has better lateral movement. I also think Boeser has a higher offensive ceiling.

I think Tkachuk is more physical, plays the front of the net better, has better board work, better defensive positioning, and has a higher compete level.

Some prefer Boesers game as it's what we typically think of when we think of a superstar. I prefer Tkachuks game though and think hes more unique to the 2019 NHL. Theres no wrong opinions here.

benjiv1

Mar 8, 2010
Ottawa
I like both (wanted Boeser in his draft year), but I prefer what Brady brings, and having him put on 20lbs with Gary Roberts since being drafted should make for a very interesting D+2 season.

Ace of Hades

#Demko4Vezina
Apr 27, 2010
Oregon
Well let's start by saying I'm not a Senators fan so I'm not biased. Were 3 messages in and you still fail to give one reason to why you think Boeser is better.

If your only argument is that the linemates Boeser played with in his first year are worse than the ones Tkachuk played with then we can say Gagner was a 50pt player the year before he played with Boeser, and Vanek was a 48 point player in 70 games the year before he played with Boeser. White was a rookie and Duclair was a 23 point player who was regularly scratched and traded multiple times. In fact Gagner and Vanek were probably more offensively proven than any player on the Senators roster last year.

Looking at offensive production it certainly seems that Boeser had more help in his rookie year than Tkachuk did. And Boesers 2nd year he played with borderline elite players.

So without revisiting the linemate argument, and without just referencing other peoples opinion, why do think Boeser is the exponentially better player? Do you think he has a better 200ft game? Do you think he plays with more physicality?

I think Boeser is more of a pure offensive player. His outside scoring is better, he has a better shot, hes faster and has better lateral movement. I also think Boeser has a higher offensive ceiling.

I think Tkachuk is more physical, plays the front of the net better, has better board work, better defensive positioning, and has a higher compete level.

Some prefer Boesers game as it's what we typically think of when we think of a superstar. I prefer Tkachuks game though and think hes more unique to the 2019 NHL. Theres no wrong opinions here.

The fact is Boeser had a better rookie season than Tkachuk's rookie season.

Boeser is better for the basis of being more proven, and actually establishing himself as a top line winger.

Gagner was a 50 point player? Nope, he overachieved, and got many of his points on the PP. Where do you think Gagner was a year later? That's what I thought.

Uh no, Boeser didn't get more help than Tkachuk did, you're out of lunch, given that Boeser didn't have shit for support offensively in the back end either, and did most of himself when Horvat got injured. HE produced with anyone. The making of what a top line winger can do.

The consensus of people have him as a top 30 winger in the league where Tkachuk isn't even there yet, but I guess you think they will adhere to your biased perspective?

However, value wise you can make an argument for Tkachuk over Boeser, but who's better? It's pretty much clear and day on that front.

Taytro

Oct 22, 2014
Ottawa, Ontario
The fact is Boeser had a better rookie season than Tkachuk's rookie season.

Boeser is better for the basis of being more proven, and actually establishing himself as a top line winger.

Gagner was a 50 point player? Nope, he overachieved, and got many of his points on the PP. Where do you think Gagner was a year later? That's what I thought.

Uh no, Boeser didn't get more help than Tkachuk did, you're out of lunch, given that Boeser didn't have **** for support offensively in the back end either, and did most of himself when Horvat got injured. HE produced with anyone. The making of what a top line winger can do.

The consensus of people have him as a top 30 winger in the league where Tkachuk isn't even there yet, but I guess you think they will adhere to your biased perspective?

However, value wise you can make an argument for Tkachuk over Boeser, but who's better? It's pretty much clear and day on that front.

It's almost like you didnt read my post... I asked to disregard the linemates and what other people say and thats the only thing you referenced. I also said I'm not bias as I'm boy a senatoes fan but thiose are the only things you talked about.
You still haven't explained why you feel Boeser is better and its probably because you dont have a logical reasoning.

Boeser is a top line winger on Vancouver, Tkachuk is a top line winger in Ottawa. They both produced well their rookie seasons. What makes Boeser exponentially more valuable to you than Tkachuk? Just answer the question.

Ace of Hades

#Demko4Vezina
Apr 27, 2010
Oregon
It's almost like you didnt read my post... I asked to disregard the linemates and what other people say and thats the only thing you referenced. I also said I'm not bias as I'm boy a senatoes fan but thiose are the only things you talked about.
You still haven't explained why you feel Boeser is better and its probably because you dont have a logical reasoning.

Boeser is a top line winger on Vancouver, Tkachuk is a top line winger in Ottawa. They both produced well their rookie seasons. What makes Boeser exponentially more valuable to you than Tkachuk? Just answer the question.

Why disregard linemates and what people say? because it doesn't fit your biased narrative?

Boeser had the much better rookie season than Tkachuk
Boeser produced whatever linemates he had with him, didn't matter
Boeser is better offensively than Tkachuk
Boeser has proven more as a player than Tkachuk
This makes him the better overall player especially when you take all of what I said into account, this clearly fits into logical reasoning.

Also pot meet kettle much? Did you read what I said before? When did I say anything about Boeser being exponentially more valuable? I said: "However, value wise you can make an argument for Tkachuk over Boeser".

Taytro

Oct 22, 2014
Ottawa, Ontario
Why disregard linemates and what people say? because it doesn't fit your biased narrative?

Boeser had the much better rookie season than Tkachuk
Boeser produced whatever linemates he had with him, didn't matter
Boeser is better offensively than Tkachuk
Boeser has proven more as a player than Tkachuk
This makes him the better overall player especially when you take all of what I said into account, this clearly fits into logical reasoning.

Also pot meet kettle much? Did you read what I said before? When did I say anything about Boeser being exponentially more valuable? I said: "However, value wise you can make an argument for Tkachuk over Boeser".

Aka. Other than than linemates and rookie season production numbers you cant comment on their skill sets and why one is preferable to you? Understood.

I'm asking for your opinion not other peoples.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad