Brady Tkachuk or William Nylander

• Brady Tkachuk

• William Nylander

Results are only viewable after voting.

Samsquanch

Raging Bull Squatch
Nov 28, 2008
Sudbury
A little. It would be a battle, and obviously Brady will win his share.

Agreed... Just of all things to argue that Nylander can beat Brady at (which there are several) - battles in the corners is probably the silliest one to say with conviction that Nylander dominates Brady in that regard. He would not.

Then again it does make it easy to point out who the fanboys are, and wholly ignore them. And its always worth a laugh to see how delusional some homers actually are.

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
Give me Nylander on my Sharks. He's a play driver and blows Tkachuk out of the water offensively. We need that in SJ. For a stacked team, Tkachuk probably fits better into a role where he can be super effective without having to drive the play.

Reactions: Tarmore

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
Nylander is the better player but Tkachuk is the more unique one.

They’re close enough that I’d defer to team need. If you’re picking one to drive the offense of a 2nd line, I’d take Nylander. If you’re looking for a winger who can compliment your all star 1st line center I’d take Tkachuk
Exactly how I feel. It's like Rantanen vs Landeskog in some ways. Maybe not a perfect example, but I think you'll get my point.

AvroArrow

Mitch "The God" Marner
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
Obviously better than 61 points is within reach for him. But until he proves it over a 82 game season playing all NHL teams, he hasn't. For all his talent, I've seen Nylander go into stretches of games where he does not do much during a season. The point really was Tkachuk is younger, he should be able to top 61 points while bring a rare physical and meanness on the ice that not many players have in this game. All things equal, Give me the player with skill, production and power game over a skilled and not a physical one. Since the question is based on the future not who has been more productive thus far in their careers. This is an important point when answering the poll question.

lol

Pyrophorus

Jun 1, 2009
Eastern GTA
People should try to watch Nylander sometime, he was bullying the Habs off pucks all night. I don't care if he goes around looking for hits, if he and Brady go into a corner, Brady is not coming out with the puck.

I think that would more due to his takeaways stats, than his hitting to win a puck.
He is strong as a bull though.

KevinRedkey

12/18/23 and beyond!
Jan 22, 2010
In 2yrs I think Brady is at least a 30/30 guy where as Nylander is putting up 70 points.

Brady's play easily makes up for the 10 points IMO.

Reactions: Sicko

Mar 26, 2010
Willy Nylander is the most underrated player in the league. He is a beast.

In regards to this poll, they are completely different players.

Reactions: Pyrophorus

JimmyApples

Sep 24, 2021
Over Nylander’s first 3 seasons (didn’t count his 22 games in 2015-16), he put up a 56 point pace.

Over Tkachuk’s first 3 seasons, he put up a 52 point pace, while scoring more goals in less games.

Over the next few years, I expect to see Tkachuk grow into a 60-65 point unicorn. Meanwhile, I’d be very surprised if we haven’t seen the best of Nylander already.

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Nylander has really improved imo. I’ve been impressed with his tenacity and drive. Both are good players who bring a different aspect. I didn’t vote as it’s just too close and depends on need.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Over Nylander’s first 3 seasons (didn’t count his 22 games in 2015-16), he put up a 56 point pace.

Over Tkachuk’s first 3 seasons, he put up a 52 point pace, while scoring more goals in less games.

Over the next few years, I expect to see Tkachuk grow into a 60-65 point unicorn. Meanwhile, I’d be very surprised if we haven’t seen the best of Nylander already.

You should have taken that 2015-16 season to be able to compare the 2 players at the same ages. That gives Nylander a 60 pts pace through his first 3 seasons (19 y/o to 21 y/o)

Like you noted Tkachuk was a better goal scorer and their overall games are not comparable in terms of impact. If there's one Leafs player (outside of obvious Matthews) I'd like to have it's Nylander. Just very different players that bring a very different skillset. While you can't really compare them, you can't go wrong with both

Reactions: Lil Tuzzi Bert

Bileur

Jun 15, 2004
Ottawa
People should try to watch Nylander sometime, he was bullying the Habs off pucks all night. I don't care if he goes around looking for hits, if he and Brady go into a corner, Brady is not coming out with the puck.

No he’s coming out with Nylander’s soul and the puck.

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
As a Jet's fan I take Tkachuk 10 out of 10 times. Not a knock on Nylander but Tkachuk brings elements to the team that it sorely lacks.

Michael HOMERUNing

Feb 24, 2019

While that is true, he has spent the entirety of it playing second line minutes. I think if he was given the minutes his skillset warrants he would probably be hovering around point per game these past couple of seasons.

Tkachuk brings a different side of the game, which could close that gap in offensive ability

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad