Brady Tkachuk or William Nylander

Brady Tkachuk or William Nylander

• Brady Tkachuk

• William Nylander

Results are only viewable after voting.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Nylander is a bit older, and thus far has a career high 61 pts, if Tkachuk can match 61 pts by the age of 25 which I think he will, with his physical edge and the intangibles he brings to the game. It's Tkachuk easily. All things equal, give me a power fwd with an edge in his game over a skilled fwd that is not as physical.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Tkachuk ,for Ottawa we already have a young skilled LW developing in Stutzel...We really dont need Nylander as much as we do need Tkachuk

I Hate Blake Coleman

Bandwagon Burner
Jul 22, 2008
Saskatchewan
Nylander is a bit older, and thus far has a career high 61 pts, if Tkachuk can match 61 pts by the age of 25 which I think he will, with his physical edge and the intangibles he brings to the game. It's Tkachuk easily. All things equal, give me a power fwd with an edge in his game over a skilled fwd that is not as physical.
Is Nylander is expected to plateau at 61 points or something

Quares27

Apr 3, 2013

obviously disingenuous considering Nylander has gone well above that pace in the last 2 seasons that just happened to be shortened... but you knew that already, just conveniently left it out

The Moose is Loose

Jun 28, 2017
St.Louis
Nylander is the better player but Tkachuk is the more unique one.

They’re close enough that I’d defer to team need. If you’re picking one to drive the offense of a 2nd line, I’d take Nylander. If you’re looking for a winger who can compliment your all star 1st line center I’d take Tkachuk

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
obviously disingenuous considering Nylander has gone well above that pace in the last 2 seasons that just happened to be shortened... but you knew that already, just conveniently left it out
The question is not about pace. It was who do you take going into the next few seasons. Nylander is a skilled player, he will put up points, but he has not done this in a real 82 game season yet. Also the fact that Tkachuk is younger, and has room to grow more at this stage in their careers is not disingenous. Nylander when he wants to be, will probably surpass his 61 pt career high. But this has been a continual question mark thus far in his career. He goes missing in stretches during the season. My point, is if the points are similar if you want to use pace, you brought it up paced for 52 pts in his rookie season over a 82 game schedule. Then how does not one pick the player who brings a power fwd element to the equation?

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Is Nylander is expected to plateau at 61 points or something
Obviously better than 61 points is within reach for him. But until he proves it over a 82 game season playing all NHL teams, he hasn't. For all his talent, I've seen Nylander go into stretches of games where he does not do much during a season. The point really was Tkachuk is younger, he should be able to top 61 points while bring a rare physical and meanness on the ice that not many players have in this game. All things equal, Give me the player with skill, production and power game over a skilled and not a physical one. Since the question is based on the future not who has been more productive thus far in their careers. This is an important point when answering the poll question.

93gilmour93

Feb 27, 2010
Tkachuk has the grit in his game but Nylander is clearly the better player who’s been adding some grit to his game as he rounds out

Reactions: TML1990

Pyrophorus

Jun 1, 2009
Eastern GTA
Obviously better than 61 points is within reach for him. But until he proves it over a 82 game season playing all NHL teams, he hasn't. For all his talent, I've seen Nylander go into stretches of games where he does not do much during a season. The point really was Tkachuk is younger, he should be able to top 61 points while bring a rare physical and meanness on the ice that not many players have in this game. All things equal, Give me the player with skill, production and power game over a skilled and not a physical one. Since the question is based on the future not who has been more productive thus far in their careers. This is an important point when answering the poll question.

Could this not also apply to Brady?

sr edler

gold is not reality
Mar 20, 2010
You don't know.
Nylander just showed his mettle in the playoffs
What if Brady is like his brother?

Or his father. Keith was also an overrated playoff dud.

Todd Bertuzzi, another "scary physical mean guy", was also a major disappointment in the playoffs.

There's no default correlation between having a physical game and being great in the playoffs. Patrick Kane has never thrown a hit in his life, but was still great in the playoffs. David Krejci, not particularly physical, most always raised his game in the playoffs.

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
Or his father. Keith was also an overrated playoff dud.

Todd Bertuzzi, another "scary physical mean guy", was also a major disappointment in the playoffs.

There's no default correlation between having a physical game and being great in the playoffs. Patrick Kane has never thrown a hit in his life, but was still great in the playoffs. David Krejci, not particularly physical, most always raised his game in the playoffs.

Yea the problem with some of the star power forward types is they can get too caught up in winning the physical battles, often against inferior players on the other team, and forget that they also need to play hockey. They can also hurt a team with bad penalties. Those things certainly seemed to be a problem for elder Tkachuk and Bertuzzi. We’ll see if Brady can keep better focus when he makes it.

Last edited:

Colezuki

Apr 27, 2009
Toronto
I've said it time and time again I think nylander is nastier then marner and that he drives his line while marner needs a shooter to take space to be successful

I'd take nylander over Tkachuk, but I'd likely reevaluate after tkachuk makes the playoffs

Reactions: WillyNy

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005
Nylander is the better player but Tkachuk is the more unique one.

They’re close enough that I’d defer to team need. If you’re picking one to drive the offense of a 2nd line, I’d take Nylander. If you’re looking for a winger who can compliment your all star 1st line center I’d take Tkachuk

As a Sens fan, I think this is a very fair take.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad