Player Discussion Brady Tkachuk (LW) - Part XI

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Heatley left because Cory Clouston was an idiot, it's interesting he has never coached again at any level that matters.

Reactions: Adele Dazeem

Senovision

May 23, 2011
Brady was a beast against New Jersey tonight.
16 hits in a game is a new NHL record since the salary cap era
He single handedly battled with Smith and Bahl, two gigantic dmen.
And he scored a beautiful goal.
The most physically dominating game I've ever seen a Senator play in the history of our franchise!!

Last edited:

Dionysus

Oct 7, 2007
Around the bend
His teams continue to struggle

Can't win with him

Attention seeking take.

Clearly the best forward on the team.

Dominant game tonight. Physicality and battle level was through the roof.

Can't wait to see him in the playoffs. Add some physicality around him and create a team that feeds of his style rather than shying away.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
It was a pride game for him after roundly being called out after the Florida game.

The key for Brady going forward is to bring that type of intensity to every game...not breaking records in hits obviously, but everything else.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Brady was a beast against New Jersey tonight.
16 hits in a game is a new NHL record since the salary cap era
He single handedly battled with Smith and Bahl, two gigantic dmen.
And he scored a beautiful goal.
The most physically dominating game I've ever seen a Senator play in the history of our franchise!!

He played so hard because he wants to be traded to NJ.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada

Yeah I listened to him when he said that and seriously, it didn't feel that we're safe... I felt a lot of hesitation and a lack of belief on his part.

Next season is crucial. I could see Brady and Chabot asking for a trade if we are still going nowhere.

No pressure Staios. I know it's your first year as the GM but that's the reality we're in, wasted way too much time under the precedent regime

If they don't do something significant, the fans of this team will only ever be able to imagine him in the playoffs.

No, we will see him in another uniform just like we watched Karlsson, Duchene, Stone, Pageau, etc in other uniforms.

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
incredible game. where is it when it mattered?

lots of these players only starts playing to potential when they are out, and vanish when games mean something.

OD99

Oct 13, 2012
incredible game. where is it when it mattered?

lots of these players only starts playing to potential when they are out, and vanish when games mean something.
Pretty clearly nobody could play that way consistently.

The guy is a warrior each and every game. When is it the responsibility of the other guys to get a pack mentality and start playing hard?

Watching nobody even look sideways at players running Timmy or when 3 guys are on Brady is pathetic.

He can lead the way but he can't force guys to get engaged.

Reactions: Golden_Jet

Jocke1

Mar 31, 2022
NHL record for most hits in a game according to the broadcast
I looked at some box scores and saw that
Zdeno Chara had 17 in a regular season game (11/3/99).
And Brenden Morrow had 19 in a playoff game (5/4/08).

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
I looked at some box scores and saw that
Zdeno Chara had 17 in a regular season game (11/3/99).
And Brenden Morrow had 19 in a playoff game (5/4/08).
Hmm, I guess the broadcast probably using the NHL record site which seems to only go back to 2005

Senovision

May 23, 2011
16 hits in a game is a new NHL record since the salary cap era, that's what the broadcaster said last night on Sportsnet.

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
Team better make the playoffs next year or at least come close. If they don't changes need to be made and I'm not sure Brady wants to stick around for that.

Reactions: BradyTkachucky

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Team better make the playoffs next year or at least come close. If they don't changes need to be made and I'm not sure Brady wants to stick around for that.
Not “close”. Playoffs or bust next year. If we miss next year I wouldn’t blame anyone and everyone for wanting out before their careers are dried up with nothing to show.

PoutineSp00nZ

Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
Not “close”. Playoffs or bust next year. If we miss next year I wouldn’t blame anyone and everyone for wanting out before their careers are dried up with nothing to show.

That's my feeling as well. But if they make it close and miss out on the last few games of the season that might just be close enough for him to stick around. I don't know the guy, he seems genuine and seems to love his team. But he is a Tkachuk, and the Tkachuks have consistently done what's right for themselves in the past. Not taking a shot at them for it, it just is what it is.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
That's my feeling as well. But if they make it close and miss out on the last few games of the season that might just be close enough for him to stick around. I don't know the guy, he seems genuine and seems to love his team. But he is a Tkachuk, and the Tkachuks have consistently done what's right for themselves in the past. Not taking a shot at them for it, it just is what it is.
Oh it’s what I’d expect and want him and all the other players to do. I’d respect a player more for demanding a move IF things don’t change.
I’ll be surprised if things don’t look a lot better though so not worried about any of this but just saying…if they miss again then look out.

PoutineSp00nZ

Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
Oh it’s what I’d expect and want him and all the other players to do. I’d respect a player more for demanding a move IF things don’t change.
I’ll be surprised if things don’t look a lot better though so not worried about any of this but just saying…if they miss again then look out.

Yeah I was talking about that with a friend the other day. If they don't figure their shit out next year I can see more than Brady wanting out. I'm not sure how well this city would handle another rebuild . . . go 12 years without making the playoffs.

Dorian really did a number on this franchise. It'll be a flat out disaster if Staois can't fix this.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad