Status
Not open for further replies.

Masked

(Super/star)
Apr 16, 2017
Parts unknown
cliff wardle
@winemaker1960

At the airport picking up my wife and May have seen Brady Tkachuk. Raced down the escalator with a shorter guy in a suit and dashed towards the taxis. No luggage. He had a small backpack and the guy with the suit had a business-like rolling satchel. 9pm
10:25 PM · Sep 24, 2021

I'm skeptical because Brady would probably have had to flown from Toronto and the last flight from Toronto before 9pm arrived at 8:05PM. It wouldn't have taken around 55 minutes to exit the airport without luggage.

Assen na yo!

MCNSTY

Sep 15, 2020
I'm skeptical because Brady would probably have had to flown from Toronto and the last flight from Toronto before 9pm arrived at 8:05PM. It wouldn't have taken around 55 minutes to exit the airport without luggage.

Assen na yo!
He’s in Michigan, according to Simmer. Any Detroit to Ottawa flights?

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013

Assen na yo!

With the way airlines have been these days its believeable, i flew into ottawa via toronto a few weeks ago and it took me over an hour to get out of the ottawa airport. The tweet could still be bs but there is nothing wrong with the timeframe unless air canada suddenly got their shit together which is highly highly unlikely

Reactions: Crosside

IranCondraAffair

Mar 10, 2006

Assen na yo!
I just checked, because I figured you were bullshitting me about knowing all the Ottawa - Toronto flights, but you were right, normally lands at 8:00.

That said, it also said today's Air Canada from Toronto -> Ottawa arrived late, at 8:32.

Eidt: Forgot he didn't grab a bag. Twenty minutes is a bit long to simply exit a plane and leave an airport, but not unheard of.

TheDebater

Peace be upon you
Mar 10, 2016
Ottawa
So Brady snuck into town, hoping nobody notices, so he can be here for the huge contract announcement later today.

I am down with that fantasy.

Masked

(Super/star)
Apr 16, 2017
Parts unknown
I just checked, because I figured you were bullshitting me about knowing all the Ottawa - Toronto flights, but you were right, normally lands at 8:00.

That said, it also said today's Air Canada from Toronto -> Ottawa arrived late, at 8:32.

Here are the Friday night flights into Ottawa from in the time frame mentioned:

ACA344B789Vancouver Int'l (CYVR)Fri 01:58PM PDTFri 09:01PM EDT
AKT106B734Iqaluit (CYFB)Fri 05:42PM EDTFri 08:54PM EDT
JZA8983CRJ9Montreal-Trudeau (CYUL)Fri 08:28PM EDTFri 08:51PM EDT
C-GYYRNear Montreal, QCFri 08:27PM EDTFri 08:49PM EDT
PVL905DH8DGreater Fredericton (Fredericton Int'l) (CYFC)Fri 08:27PM ADTFri 08:49PM EDT
FLE338B38MEdmonton Int'l (CYEG)Fri 02:38PM MDTFri 08:05PM EDT
ACA464A321Toronto Pearson Int'l (CYYZ)Fri 07:24PM EDTFri 08:03PM EDT
POE269DH8DToronto City Centre (CYTZ)Fri 07:05PM EDTFri 07:47PM EDT
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Unless the plane didn't was waiting for a gate, I just can't see it taking that long.

Assen na yo!

Masked

(Super/star)
Apr 16, 2017
Parts unknown
With the way airlines have been these days its believeable, i flew into ottawa via toronto a few weeks ago and it took me over an hour to get out of the ottawa airport. The tweet could still be bs but there is nothing wrong with the timeframe unless air canada suddenly got their shit together which is highly highly unlikely

What took so long to get out of the airport?

Assen na yo!

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013
What took so long to get out of the airport?

Assen na yo!

the lack of people working made it for a longer time to land properly, make it to the right gate and deplane. I didnt even have a checked bag. People who were on the same flight as me with checked luggage probably ended up being at the airport for another half an hour. Granted this was right around when flights were properly opened up for US to Canada so it has probably improved but with the way Air Canada is I know it hasnt improved by much

Masked

(Super/star)
Apr 16, 2017
Parts unknown
the lack of people working made it for a longer time to land properly, make it to the right gate and deplane. I didnt even have a checked bag. People who were on the same flight as me with checked luggage probably ended up being at the airport for another half an hour. Granted this was right around when flights were properly opened up for US to Canada so it has probably improved but with the way Air Canada is I know it hasnt improved by much

Thanks for the info. I haven't flown for almost 2 years now. It was a good size plane that came in from Toronto. So if it was full and he was stuck in the back it's possible.

Assen na yo!

Reactions: TheNewEra

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Here are the Friday night flights into Ottawa from in the time frame mentioned:

ACA344B789Vancouver Int'l (CYVR)Fri 01:58PM PDTFri 09:01PM EDT
AKT106B734Iqaluit (CYFB)Fri 05:42PM EDTFri 08:54PM EDT
JZA8983CRJ9Montreal-Trudeau (CYUL)Fri 08:28PM EDTFri 08:51PM EDT
C-GYYRNear Montreal, QCFri 08:27PM EDTFri 08:49PM EDT
PVL905DH8DGreater Fredericton (Fredericton Int'l) (CYFC)Fri 08:27PM ADTFri 08:49PM EDT
FLE338B38MEdmonton Int'l (CYEG)Fri 02:38PM MDTFri 08:05PM EDT
ACA464A321Toronto Pearson Int'l (CYYZ)Fri 07:24PM EDTFri 08:03PM EDT
POE269DH8DToronto City Centre (CYTZ)Fri 07:05PM EDTFri 07:47PM EDT
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Unless the plane didn't was waiting for a gate, I just can't see it taking that long.

Assen na yo!

Lmaoooooooo we all have become private investigators.

I know one of the flight attendants on one of those flights; I will let you all know if she has spotted Brady; we have prepared for potential disguise.

Reactions: Sensators

AchtzehnBaby

Global Matador
Mar 28, 2013
Hazeldean Road
Man this guy is such a f***ing muppet.

So who is this in comparison to? Let's look at the Canadian teams who seem to have the biggest need for players to request these signing bonuses due to tax purposes.

Winnipeg: Dillon @ $2 million
Calgary: Lucic @ $2.5 million + Coleman @ $1 million
Montreal: Chiarot & Edmundson @ $1 million + Price @ $11 million
Vancouver: Myers @ $5 million
Toronto: roster signing bonuses totalling $41 million
Edmonton: McDavid @ $12 million + Hyman & Kassian @ $1 million (yeah, even Draisaitl doesn't have a signing bonus this year)
Ottawa: none

This guy just loves to talk out of his ass as long as he's painting a narrative. We get it you bin lid, you hate virtually everything about this team.

this guy is done for. Will be writing for no one soon.

Samsquanch

Raging Bull Squatch
Nov 28, 2008
Sudbury
this guy is done for. Will be writing for no one soon.

Hes a freelanced writer as it is... I swear he thinks he must be the lead analyst for TSN or something though - the hard hitting journalist that is always going to ask the tough questions (whether or not anyone even wants the answer).

And he seems to be utterly clueless to the fact that fans should want to read his work. Not actively avoid all of it... His career is not at the level he thinks it is.

I bet you Ian Mendes has a lot more to say critically about the Sens than he actually writes and publishes in the public.... Think about it Graeme.

Why does someone with the respect of the Sens community (ie someone with an opinion that is actually valued) like Ian choose not to write a wet-blanket style article every chance he gets? Surely he could do that - its the Sens. Like we all know whats f***ing wrong here ok :laugh:.

So why is Ian careful with the handpicked grenades that he does decide to throw over the fence towards the team? Why does he make an effort to get fans excited and interested rather than frustrated and exhausted with the team, Graeme?

Its because he understands that he is a sports writer. Someone who works in the entertainment business and depends on public interest to generate revenue for his company. Its in his best interest for people to be cheering for the Sens, and not boycotting them.... 10K out of 18K fans in attendance at the arena is bad for Ian Mendes and for all the people whos livelihood depends on fans and their love for Sens hockey... That includes you Graeme, fwiw...

TLDR - As if we need some bargain-bin level beat reporter to point out the obvious and be "that guy" to constantly remind us of the current situation and big challenges that the Ottawa market faces... And if this team ever does have some new problem come to light that Im not already painfully aware of - Graeme Nichols will likely never be the one that opened up my eyes to it.. Just sayin...

Last edited:
Reactions: Johnny Hanson

Fandlauer

Apr 23, 2013
Ottawa unless it becomes a disaster
breaking-news (1).png

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
Hes a freelanced writer as it is... I swear he thinks he must be the lead analyst for TSN or something though - the hard hitting journalist that is always going to ask the tough questions (whether or not anyone even wants the answer).

And he seems to be utterly clueless to the fact that fans should want to read his work. Not actively avoid all of it... His career is not at the level he thinks it is.

I bet you Ian Mendes has a lot more to say critically about the Sens than he actually writes and publishes in the public.... Think about it Graeme.

Why does someone with the respect of the Sens community (ie someone with an opinion that is actually valued) like Ian choose not to write a wet-blanket style article every chance he gets? Surely he could do that - its the Sens. Like we all know whats f***ing wrong here ok :laugh:.

So why is Ian careful with the handpicked grenades that he does decide to throw over the fence towards the team? Why does he make an effort to get fans excited and interested rather than frustrated and exhausted with the team, Graeme?

Its because he understands that he is a sports writer. Someone who works in the entertainment business and depends on public interest to generate revenue for his company. Its in his best interest for people to be cheering for the Sens, and not boycotting them.... 10K out of 18K fans in attendance at the arena is bad for Ian Mendes and for all the people whos livelihood depends on fans and their love for Sens hockey... That includes you Graeme, fwiw...

TLDR - As if we need some bargain-bin level beat reporter to point out the obvious and be "that guy" to constantly remind us of the current situation and big challenges that the Ottawa market faces... And if this team ever does have some new problem come to light that Im not already painfully aware of - Graeme Nichols will likely never be the one that opened up my eyes to it.. Just sayin...

And yet you'd swear that there is competition amongst guys here to be the first to clip and post his Twitter crap in here

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Brady was seen at the airport by the person on Twitter the same way he was seen moving back into his house by the person who lived next to him on Twitter.

When he’s back, we’ll hear it

Last edited:
Reactions: MrCraigAnderson

Silencio

Nov 6, 2006
Toronto
Not quite at "people on twitter tracking MLSE's private jet velocity to determine if it has enough weight for Kawhi Leonard to be on board" level, but we're getting there. #BradyWatch

Reactions: Deku
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad