Eklund Rumor: Brady Tkachuk for Colton Parayko

GoldenSeal

Believe In The Note
Dec 1, 2013
Out West
Again meh....you could say the same for Pittsburgh tampa Washington etc...again when the hot streak ran out we saw what happened.

Tampa's on its second cup going for a third. Whatever architecture they have going on there is working.

To say the window is still wide open is a bit of a stretch

Where did I say or imply this? Please don't put words in my mouth.

GoldenSeal

Believe In The Note
Dec 1, 2013
Out West
Not exactly. Therre is a difference between hot and elite. We saw that this year . Price didn't get hot, he played the way he can. Vask is the best in the world, he didn't get hot , he just played his game. In this case he got hot and was new. Once the rest caught on it was back to earth, kinda like Matt Murray was in Pitt

And the rest of the team? What about them?

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain
this is kind of a fun one, but it has the credibility of a proposal from an HFposter.

It's fun because St.Louis would like to get Tkachuk, and there are public rumors floating around that he would like to end up there eventually.

The Parayko suggestion is fun, but also evil. Ottawa would love him, but that is some dick move. The Blues sign a guy to 8 years, with a full NTC and at a low cap hit, possibly because he wants to stay in St.Louis, and to do this trade before that NTC kicks in. Wow, I do not see that happening.

Also, obviously, it seems like they could eventually get Tkachuk anyway. Trading away arguably your top Dman for a winger seems short sighted.

Parayko's NTC has almost certainly already gone into effect.

When signing an extension, any NTC/NMC can be made retroactive if the player is eligible to have one in the current season. Parayko qualifies for that in 2021-22. Would be negligent of his agent not to have that clause included in the extension.

Last edited:
Reactions: OrangePMD

vipera1960

Aug 1, 2007
Yes, the Blues will 100% trade Parayko who we just signed to an 8 year extension...
My guess is he’s a day late and a dollar short. I.e. the Blues offered Parayko with 1 year left, got rejected, and then just signed him.

Last edited:

ponder

Jul 11, 2007
Vancouver
Kind of fascinating, I want to believe.
You shouldn’t believe. Dwayne Klessel has no connections/sources, he’s just some random dude with a blog pulling garbage out of his ass for clicks. There’s nothing more to this, or any of Dwayne’s made up “rumours,” thank you or I making up random trades.

Nearly the only time he’s ever “right” is when a legit reporter breaks a story on Twitter, Klessel sees the tweet and puts the info up on his own site, trying to act like it’s from one of his “sources”, giving no credit to the reporter who actually broke the story.

Last edited:

Connor McConnor

Nov 22, 2017
i guess $6.5 million is a lot of money no matter what, but considering parakyo's contract to be too much seems a bit out of tune. you can pay up to $3m more and get nurse, who puts up slightly less points and gives you less shutdown defense if you actually want that "he's not cheap either" comeback to land.

Parayko just signed for 8 years and already has back issues. Nurse just finished playing 60 minutes in a game and put up more points than Parayko has in a year in 25 less games. I do think peak Parayko is better than Nurse but availability is important too.

GoldenSeal

Believe In The Note
Dec 1, 2013
Out West
Parayko just signed for 8 years and already has back issues. Nurse just finished playing 60 minutes in a game and put up more points than Parayko has in a year in 25 less games. I do think peak Parayko is better than Nurse but availability is important too.

Nurse contributes points. Colt contributed to a Stanley Cup. I’ll keep Colt.

Reactions: cg98

JoeSakic13

May 30, 2013
San Francisco
Isn't the OP literally
"Blues are interested in Tkachuk. Ottawa interested in Parayko".

nowhere did I get the sense that Blues are interested in trading Parayko, just that Ottawa would like him.

It's cute and all but not sure if this is going anywhere

Is that all it takes? Parayko is also rumored to join my beer league squad.

Reactions: King Karl and abo9

Kocur Dill

picklicious
Feb 7, 2010
Is it really that hard to believe the Blues could be interested in Tkachuk, and when they ask Ottawa what it would take, Ottawa says Parayko?

Everyone is too busy hating Eklund, and I get it, and this is some nothing speculation because ultimately St. Louis won't pull the trigger, but the report itself seems reasonable.

That's the way I read it as well. Eklund does himself a disservice with his lack of Authorship and only giving the cliff notes of what he hears. Then readers jump to conclusions because they are not comprehending what he wrote.

It seems as if the cost is Parayko for Tkachuk. There is no context on of this will be an ongoing conversation, or if it was an inquiry and a counter offer only, with no further discussion.

Jerkbait

Dec 12, 2019
Tampa's on its second cup going for a third. Whatever architecture they have going on there is working.

Where did I say or imply this? Please don't put words in my mouth.
Pittsburgh was back to back champs too , one could say their architecture was flawless too until the wheels fell off. I never put any words in your mouth, if you re read the actual thread I was replying to someone who said the window is wide open!!! You chose to reply to me ,get it right

SML2

Jan 1, 2018
So who's the grinch in the Blues front office who gets to hold the bag when that Layla kid from their cup run finds out they traded Parayko?

Reactions: Moose and Squirrel

Seachd

Mar 16, 2002
Such a terrible rumour.

For starters, from a value point of view, I don’t see any way Ottawa even considers this.

Secondly, St. Louis just signed Parayko and are in a different spot than Ottawa in terms of expectations, so they’re not moving him.

Fugly.

Reactions: Moose and Squirrel

SwivelSchwartz

May 14, 2019
I dont disagree that they could compete somewhat but more like a tier 2 contender or mayne even a tier 3....Colorado and Vegas are ahead by miles. They more in line with Edmonton Winnipeg etc and Chicago close behind
Where did you have Montreal last year and the stars the year before that?

67Blues

Got it for Bobby
Mar 22, 2013
Section 111
How the conversation went:

Dorian: Hello?
Army: Hey Pierre. We could be interested in Tkachuk if you are looking to move him. What are your thoughts?
Dorian: Parayko
Army: Okay, so how was the year salmon fishing trip? Family doing alright? Good to talk to you again, send your kids my best. <click>

Eklund: Tkachuk for Parayko E3

Moose and Squirrel

Jan 15, 2021

Ad

Upcoming events

• Real Madrid vs Cádiz
    Real Madrid vs Cádiz
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $4,740.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Monaco vs Clermont Foot