Eklund Rumor: Brady Tkachuk for Colton Parayko

North Cole

♧ Lem
Jan 22, 2017
"Today I have been on the phone chasing this rumor…According to my source"

Yeah on the phone, calling his mother to ask if he should put whites in with his colours...make sure you only do it with hot water...

Unless his source is Chiarelli, because trading someone you just signed seems like a Chiarelli move.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Highly doubt it. If the Sens trade him all this well do is further aggravate fans who are tired of losing stars.

Reactions: bukwas

BlueOil

"well-informed"
Apr 28, 2010
Not like Parayko is cheap with his new $6,5M per contract.
i guess $6.5 million is a lot of money no matter what, but considering parakyo's contract to be too much seems a bit out of tune. you can pay up to $3m more and get nurse, who puts up slightly less points and gives you less shutdown defense if you actually want that "he's not cheap either" comeback to land.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Is it really that hard to believe the Blues could be interested in Tkachuk, and when they ask Ottawa what it would take, Ottawa says Parayko?

Everyone is too busy hating Eklund, and I get it, and this is some nothing speculation because ultimately St. Louis won't pull the trigger, but the report itself seems reasonable.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Is it really that hard to believe the Blues could be interested in Tkachuk, and when they ask Ottawa what it would take, Ottawa says Parayko?

Everyone is too busy hating Eklund, and I get it, and this is some nothing speculation because ultimately St. Louis won't pull the trigger, but the report itself seems reasonable.
Sure, but that puts it on the level of any random HF poster saying X team is interested in Y available player and that team will request Z player from that team.

And Ottawa asking for Parayko, really doesn't make sense.

TrufleShufle

Aug 31, 2012

You basically hit the issue on the head, while saying everyone is too busy to see it. It's an obvious guess being presented as an insider rumor.

Freidman hears stuff and guesses stuff all the time, but you always know when he is doing one or the other.

Reactions: tkb81

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
i guess $6.5 million is a lot of money no matter what, but considering parakyo's contract to be too much seems a bit out of tune. you can pay up to $3m more and get nurse, who puts up slightly less points and gives you less shutdown defense if you actually want that "he's not cheap either" comeback to land.

I am just saying from a Sens owner Melnyk point of view. If someone is saying that Brady wants "too much money" then what is too much? Is $6.5M for a dman who is 6 years older too much for Melnyk?

abo9

Jun 25, 2017
Isn't the OP literally
"Blues are interested in Tkachuk. Ottawa interested in Parayko".

nowhere did I get the sense that Blues are interested in trading Parayko, just that Ottawa would like him.

It's cute and all but not sure if this is going anywhere

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
Seems sorta pointless for Sens to do this.. if they were in a position to make a push in next few years, sure... but they aren't contending for a while. Just pay Tkachuk what he wants(it's gonna happen.. it always does with all the young guys around the league) and prepare for the future with Tkachuk as a main piece

I love Parayko but by the time Sens are ready to contend, parayko will be probably 33/34 years old and not nearly the stud he is now

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
HockeyBuzz.com - Eklund - Source: Sens and Blues Have Talked About Tkachuk Trade. Parayko?

As per Eklund...

There is no secret that the Blues would love to bring in Tkachuk. The only name that appears to have gotten the attention of Ottawa is Colton Parayko…The talk now has not involved any other players or prospects I am told…

Will update with any new info…

Would you make that trade?
:laugh: Why keep posting Eklund BS? Armstrong isn't dealing Parayko after just giving him a new 8 year extension. Tkachuk isn't getting dealt anytime soon.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad