Eklund Rumor: Brady Tkachuk for Colton Parayko

Jerkbait

Dec 12, 2019
Where did you have Montreal last year and the stars the year before that?
Well 8nuad tampa winning so win there. I had Montreal finishing 4th in the north but losing to Toronto. Had Dallas missing playoffs last season and before that had them as a contender. Once Montreal beat Toronto I had then going to cup final. Are you looking for a bkues prediction???

TheFinalWord

Apr 25, 2005
Nurse contributes points. Colt contributed to a Stanley Cup. I’ll keep Colt.
Comments like this are so dumb. "McDavid contributes points. Bozak contributed to a Stanley Cup. I'll keep Bozak."
At least qualify why Payrako may contribute 'more' to a cup run than Nurse.

Reactions: Sasha Orlov

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
If Ottawas says yes, you 100% do that deal. You can fill the Parayko as much as it would suck. But for Tkachuk...yes.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
You’d win this trade and be upset?

It's not a good deal for the Sens. Makes no sense. If their core was a few years older, it makes more sense but by the time Sens are potentially contending, Parayko is older and not nearly as good.

I'm no Sens fan at all but I would have zero interest moving Tkachuk for Parayko... Sens aren't trying to win now, they are building for the future

And I'm a massive Parayko fan

Last edited:
Reactions: CycloneSweep

SwivelSchwartz

May 14, 2019
Well 8nuad tampa winning so win there. I had Montreal finishing 4th in the north but losing to Toronto. Had Dallas missing playoffs last season and before that had them as a contender. Once Montreal beat Toronto I had then going to cup final. Are you looking for a bkues prediction???
Haha no, certainly not from you. Thanks for proving it doesn’t matter what tier you think a team is once the playoffs start. Thanks for caring so much about the blues, they appreciate it

TK 421

Barbashev eats babies pass it on
Sep 12, 2007
If Ottawas says yes, you 100% do that deal. You can fill the Parayko as much as it would suck. But for Tkachuk...yes.

No.....just no.

If the Blues trade Parayko the defense gets caved. This is a team that already needs a top 4 LD, they can't trade their No1 all situations defenseman for a winger. Especially not for a winger who's making it hell for his current GM to sign him for longer than 3 years. It's just a no from the Blues all the way around.

Jerkbait

Dec 12, 2019
Haha no, certainly not from you. Thanks for proving it doesn’t matter what tier you think a team is once the playoffs start. Thanks for caring so much about the blues, they appreciate it
Yeah sometimes getting schooled inst as fun right ???? Hahaha . Apparently it foes matter as my pick clearly won overall and my picks to lose in the first round ( Pittsburgh Washington st louis Edmonton) all went that same way. Guess you could say its just luck LOL...

MTL Dirty Birdy

Aug 29, 2021
Not like Parayko is cheap with his new $6,5M per contract.
Parayko is worth that amount tho. Tkachuk isn’t worth 8+M yet…. Forwards getting that are top goal scorers and elite centres mostly. Certainly doesn’t help that Melnyk is the owner…

Jerkbait

Dec 12, 2019
Parayko is only 28. For defenceman that’s almost prime. One of the top defenceman on a Stanley cup winning team and looking at playing for Canada…. He may be older but far from a downgrade
Everything you said is true but it's still not a deal from Ottawa. Just too much potential and too much intangibles to trade Brady at this point.

Reactions: SpezDispenser

AvsCOL

Jul 16, 2013
The Blues would probably have the worst defensive core in the NHL if this happened lol. Imagine losing Bowmeester, Pietrangelo, Dunn, and Parayko within a couple of years. Don't see any way this makes sense.

MTL Dirty Birdy

Aug 29, 2021
Everything you said is true but it's still not a deal from Ottawa. Just too much potential and too much intangibles to trade Brady at this point.
The Intangibles I agree with. He’s a special breed that every team would want. On the other side, in what other forum would a youngster with three productive years on an ELC be worth more than a top pairing D which Parayko will be. Besides, Ridley Greig seems to play with the same edge haha.
I feel for the Ottawa fanbase( I grew up there) but I can’t say it’s bad. A stud D that chews up minutes and has leadership- at the end of the day Ottawa doesn’t have that. And Chabot is not great defensively.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad