Player Discussion Brady Tkachuk: Episode 4 - A new hope

Status
Not open for further replies.

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005
Like I've said before we even drafted him, Tkachuk is the player we been missing and looking for since we failed to acquire Roberts in 07 playoffs.

Brady wins you championships, but we will need 1-2 players better than him to truly win a championship. This is where we pray Batherson and Brown pan out. We would be unbelievable in the future.

Good luck with that.... I think there won't be more than a handful of players in this league better than Tkachuk when he reaches his prime.

RAFI BOMB

May 11, 2016
Like I've said before we even drafted him, Tkachuk is the player we been missing and looking for since we failed to acquire Roberts in 07 playoffs.

Brady wins you championships, but we will need 1-2 players better than him to truly win a championship. This is where we pray Batherson and Brown pan out. We would be unbelievable in the future.

Just wait until we draft quinton byfield next year. Then we can play tkachuk on his wing.

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
Good luck with that.... I think there won't be more than a handful of players in this league better than Tkachuk when he reaches his prime.

I don't know if this homerism or if you're just sleeping on the talent in the league. But cmon.

Tkachuck is a force and will be even more of a force but there are going to be way more than a handful of players better than him.

He's going to be a 60-70 point forward who is a pain to play against. But that's not going to be the elite of the elite. There's an absurd level of talent in the league. Hell just on this team Chabot is quite clearly more skilled.

Even if you ignore the relatively older guys like Kucherov, Crosby, Kane, Karlsson etc. Theres still players like McDavid, Mackinion, Matthews, Dahlin, Heiskanen, Aho, Rantanen, Marner etc

Not to mention incoming talent like Hughes, Kakko, Makar, etc

We're gonna need a lot more talent than Tkachuk being the best player on the team.

Last edited:

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005
I don't know if this homerism or if you're just sleeping on the talent in the league. But cmon.

Tkachuck is a force and will be even more of a force but there are going to be way more than a handful of players better than him.

He's going to be a 60-70 point forward who is a pain to play against. But that's not going to be the elite of the elite. There's an absurd level of talent in the league. Hell just on this team Chabot is quite clearly more skilled.

Even if you ignore the relatively older guys like Kucherov, Crosby, Kane, Karlsson etc. Theres still players like McDavid, Mackinion, Matthews, Dahlin, Heiskanen, Aho, Rantanen, Marner etc

Not to mention incoming talent like Hughes, Kakko, Makar, etc

By handful, I mean top 15, maybe scratching top 10. Not the elite of the elite, but the tier below it. Him potting 20 goals at 19 years old, while playing a power forward style game is no joke. Not to mention he played college hockey, not juniors. This is by far the most hockey he's played in a season, and the fact that he keeps getting better as the season goes is insane.

I think people are sleeping on his upside because he was supposed to be the most "NHL ready" of his draft. But I think there's tons of room to grow. Power forwards usually don't develop as fast. We've seen ton of improvement from him just this season alone. He's got tons of room to fill out his frame, and he's bred for hockey.

Reactions: aragorn

Sensmileletsgo

Oct 22, 2018
Cant believe Montreal passed on him for the buttery soft Kotkaniemi. People in Montreal would be naming their baby boys Brady if they drafted him.

Masked

(Super/star)
Apr 16, 2017
Parts unknown
Here's some fun stuff:

I think he meant Tkachuk getting 35 in Ottawa this season.​
Well that's just crazy talk.

Confirmed with Link: - Brady Tkachuk - The decider: signs 3 year ELC

Yeah thats not happening. He belongs no where near the NHL yet why people think its a good idea are clueless.

I think I get it now. I'm wrong, the guys who said he's Todd Bertuzzi is right. I'm biased, guy who says he'll score 35 points next year is well informed and well reasoned.

Like being nasty is a skill now))) The kid is at best the third line player on any team. Zadina is a generational talent winger.

Viletho

Jan 20, 2015
Cant believe Montreal passed on him for the buttery soft Kotkaniemi. People in Montreal would be naming their baby boys Brady if they drafted him.
I have a newly born 1 week child that I named Thomas. I was joking to me GF that we should have named him Brady. She didn't understand why, but I lol'ed.

My brother in law told me : "Ohh Thomas, i get it. 1 year ago, it would have been... Erik?"

It was funny.

BTW, he isn't named Thomas because of Chabot. It simply a name i liked. :p

devbouz12

Eugene's dad
Jan 15, 2012
Not saying they're identical but habs already have Gallagher as a chippy front of the net kind of guy. Brady>Gally tbough

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
he's been falling down a lot less which is so encouraging for the style of game he plays. hopefully he becomes even more of a tank.

RAFI BOMB

May 11, 2016
Extremely poor metrics there.

I get it, people love Brady. But lets not go overboard here.

How is that going overboard? That is an objective fact. It is also entirely possible and plausible that Tkachuk could end up as the best player or most impactful player from his draft. If anything his performance thus far suggests that he was very underated.

On top of that we have seen the emergence of Matthew Tkachuk and Brady's underlying numbers suggest he is on the same development path.

Lenny the Lynx

Sep 20, 2008
ON
I have a newly born 1 week child that I named Thomas. I was joking to me GF that we should have named him Brady. She didn't understand why, but I lol'ed.

My brother in law told me : "Ohh Thomas, i get it. 1 year ago, it would have been... Erik?"

It was funny.

I assumed you named him after Pyatt

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Kid is best in heavy traffic,and in the nasty areas of the ice.....Him leading the rush is something he needs to work on and realise less is more for him

Sensmileletsgo

Oct 22, 2018
Not saying they're identical but habs already have Gallagher as a chippy front of the net kind of guy. Brady>Gally tbough
Habs already have a bunch of players that you hate to play but would love on your team. Thank good they also didn’t add Brady to that mix.

Sensmileletsgo

Oct 22, 2018

It was funny.

It would be awesome if you committed to pronounced your sons name in a French accent his whole life (assuming your anglophone) to make it clear he is really named after Chabot :).

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
That really isn't surprising, whether you liked the pick or not.

Brady was always seen as the most ready prospect.

More points than Svechnikov is definitely surprising. Maybe not once you factor in the difference in opportunity and ice-time between the two, but in a vacuum it's pretty shocking. Not a single credible person thought Tkachuk's offence would translate anywhere near as quickly at this level as Svechnikov's.

Reactions: Deku and aragorn

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Tkachuk has been great for this franchise & was exactly the kind of player this team has needed for decades. I also think that White is very underrated on here & is not appreciated for how hard he works defensively & can also add some offensive pts, he is only 4 pts behind Brady in his rookie season although he is slightly older. Whoever compared him to Bergeron is quite accurate IMO, Ott has another really good 200' player that will help them at both ends of the ice.

And then Ott has Brown & Batherson coming who I think should be a dynamic players for this team & to a lesser extent Formenton. IMO Ott should be able to put together at least two very good lines although young could really help turn things around. I hope not next yr, because I want to see them in the lottery for the 2020 draft, but in 2021 I think this team could start to climb out of the basement. At that point they could have one or two of the 2019 draft picks on the roster as well as maybe their 1st rd pick(s) in the 2020 draft might also be NHL ready. They also have an assortment of players/prospects to fill the rest of the roster & their defence is slowing coming together. They seem to be on track with the exception of goaltending, we won't know for a while whether we have at least one goalie out of three who could become a very good starter for this team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad