Player Discussion Brady Tkachuk: Episode 4 - A new hope

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
I have a feeling if we did that pole again where over 85% of respondents wanted Zadina over Tkachuk if they both fell to us ... might go different now.. (and rightly so I should add). I knew he'd be a player fans would love when he got here and could contribute.. I thought he'd need more time but he's doing pretty fn good right off the bat.

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005
man i hope that Stone comes back,

Stone is the perfect mentor for Tkachuk

I think Stone is genuinely relishing the opportunity to be a leader. He's got Tkachuk living in his basement. It's like Alfie-Karlsson all over again. I'me very very confident we'll re-sign him. Duchene, I'm not so sure.

Reactions: Icelevel

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
I think Stone is genuinely relishing the opportunity to be a leader. He's got Tkachuk living in his basement. It's like Alfie-Karlsson all over again. I'me very very confident we'll re-sign him. Duchene, I'm not so sure.

Hopefully that means he re-signs because of this bonding time :naughty:

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Yup... he keeps telling Brady... soak it all in son, next year you'll have to do it on your own

Reactions: Icelevel

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina

Duchene loves it here, and if we keep winning there is no way he doesn't sign unless we don't want him here either.

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015

yup my hope is Stone is eyeing that captaincy. He's just that type of player. but it will probably come down to money unfortunately.

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005
Duchene loves it here, and if we keep winning there is no way he doesn't sign unless we don't want him here either.

Those are the two reasons why I'm not sure. We need to keep winning, and Melnyk will have to open the coin purse. If Stone signs, will Melnyk want to afford Duchene?

Lundmark17

Mar 3, 2004
I have a feeling if we did that pole again where over 85% of respondents wanted Zadina over Tkachuk if they both fell to us ... might go different now.. (and rightly so I should add). I knew he'd be a player fans would love when he got here and could contribute.. I thought he'd need more time but he's doing pretty fn good right off the bat.

Can definitely put myself in that category. Was bummed about the pick but Tkachuk has that drive to be successful and is getting things done. Him and Stone would be two great players to develop a new Senators identity around.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Those are the two reasons why I'm not sure. We need to keep winning, and Melnyk will have to open the coin purse. If Stone signs, will Melnyk want to afford Duchene?
EM cant use money as an excuse anymore,his ST base is gone...And the fans have spoken quite loudly ,he will have no choice

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
PD made a good selection in Brady, and a horrible trade in Duchene. Sending a non lottery protected 1st in one of the best draft years for a team with as many holes as Ottawa had, incredibly stupid

What does that even mean .... "a non lottery protected 1st" ?

Ottawa traded their 2018 1st rounder to Colorado in the Duchene deal ...... and that pick was Lottery Protected .......... meaning if it became a lottery pick, Ottawa retained the right to use it, and send them their 2019 1st rounder instead.

So Ottawa exercised their right, and used this years Lottery Protected pick, to select Tkachuk ,which automatically sent their 2019 1st to Colorado ........ so why are calling it "a non lottery protected 1st"? The pick is Colorado's now.

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
So if the "anti Dorion crew" as you call them would have been against him no matter what, does that mean you'd have defended whatever move he made? The reality is most if not all who currently advocate for keeping the 2019 pick did so before the draft as well, they've been consistent with their position, so your claim that they would have been against him no matter what holds no weight.

We will see where the 2019 pick ends up in about 6 months a know whether the right decision was made or not, though if the still had their 2019 pick, they may have chosen to stack the deck a little more in their favour by trading of more vets.

If Pierre Dorion decided to order the chicken for supper, the anti Dorion crowd would complain and say he should have ordered the Fish and Chips.......... and vice versa.

Reactions: BoardsofCanada

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010

I was leaning towards Zadina but had been one those defending Tkachuk as a solid pick at number four leading into the draft. Didn't think Zadina would slip to us, but gotta admit Tkachuk has exceeded my expectations.

Still too early to be calling winners and losers, but I can say that in this small sample, Tkachuk has already eased my concerns about certain aspects of his game.

Reactions: derriko

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
If Pierre Dorion decided to order the chicken for supper, the anti Dorion crowd would complain and say he should have ordered the Fish and Chips.......... and vice versa.
the funny part is you're accusing them of having bias (whatever Dorion does is the wrong move) while doing the very same thing yourself (they'll automatically say he did the wrong thing), and in this case, they actually took their stance before Dorion made a decision, so it has nothing to do with hating Dorion (unless they're psychic).

Seems your the one who would complain no matter what happens.

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
What a player, love how he keeps topping dad and brother in each starting stat. Lots of family ribbing around the table at Thanksgiving!

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
the funny part is you're accusing them of having bias (whatever Dorion does is the wrong move) while doing the very same thing yourself (they'll automatically say he did the wrong thing), and in this case, they actually took their stance before Dorion made a decision, so it has nothing to do with hating Dorion (unless they're psychic).

Seems your the one who would complain no matter what happens.

I see Doroin's logic in selecting Thachuk, 4th overall this year, instead of gambling on a better drafting position next year, and gambling that teams don't jump ahead of them, by winning one of the lotteries, like two did this year.

Alex1234

Oct 14, 2014
I see Doroin's logic in selecting Thachuk, 4th overall this year, instead of gambling on a better drafting position next year, and gambling that teams don't jump ahead of them, by winning one of the lotteries, like two did this year.
Nice deflection but you re still accusing them of accusing

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Ok, that's fine. They saw the logic of gambling for a franchise player. Both options have merit, claiming they'd complain regardless of what Dorion did in this case does not, because they held the opinion before Dorion made the choice.

czechcanadian

Dec 8, 2011
Ottawa

Tkachuk has definitely proved me wrong. I was 100% on the Zadina train.
Still believe Zadina will be a more productive player going forward but Tkachuk might have been the better option for Ottawa at this point in time.

Reactions: MountSash

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
I was leaning towards Zadina but had been one those defending Tkachuk as a solid pick at number four leading into the draft. Didn't think Zadina would slip to us, but gotta admit Tkachuk has exceeded my expectations.

Still too early to be calling winners and losers, but I can say that in this small sample, Tkachuk has already eased my concerns about certain aspects of his game.

Just curious, what aspects were you concerned about?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad