Player Discussion Brady Tkachuk: Episode 4 - A new hope

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
Ok, that's fine. They saw the logic of gambling for a franchise player. Both options have merit, claiming they'd complain regardless of what Dorion did in this case does not, because they held the opinion before Dorion made the choice.

Yes, but using the 2018 pick to select Thachuck was the higher percentage option.

Gambling on finishing dead last, and having an 81.5% chance of NOT selecting 1st overall is the lower percentage option.

As of today, it's actually a 0% chance ...... 2019 NHL Draft Lottery Odds | Tankathon

Daffy

Jun 10, 2010
People were clearly looking at the 8 goals to form their opinions. This guy will be a star power forward for years. Hopefully all with Ottawa.

Reactions: SensFactor

Flamingo

Nov 13, 2008
Ottawa
Yes, but using the 2018 pick to select Thachuck was the higher percentage option.

Gambling on finishing dead last, and having an 81.5% chance of NOT selecting 1st overall is the lower percentage option.

As of today, it's actually a 0% chance ...... 2019 NHL Draft Lottery Odds | Tankathon

Well, they might not have the same record if they hadn't drafted Tkachuk. You would have to imagine the record and lottery odds of a Tkachuk-less Senators team.

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
Well, they might not have the same record if they hadn't drafted Tkachuk. You would have to imagine the record and lottery odds of a Tkachuk-less Senators team.

So are you suggesting that Drafting Tkachuck improves the Senators chances of finishing higher in the overall standing and decreasing the odds for Colorado in the Lotteries?

Perhaps this is one thing that crossed PDs mind when he decided to use the lottery protected draft pick.

Flamingo

Nov 13, 2008
Ottawa
So are you suggesting that Drafting Tkachuck improves the Senators chances of finishing higher in the overall standing and decreasing the odds for Colorado in the Lotteries?

Perhaps this is one thing that crossed PDs mind when he decided to use the lottery protected draft pick.

Oh, I agree that picking Tkachuk was the right thing to do. Even the 31st-place team likely won't end up with the 1st overall pick. And yes, I do think this team will do better with him in the lineup.

Just pointing out the flaw in your logic.

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
Oh, I agree that picking Tkachuk was the right thing to do. Even the 31st-place team likely won't end up with the 1st overall pick. And yes, I do think this team will do better with him in the lineup.

Just pointing out the flaw in your logic.

The logic I've been trying to explain, is that PD had a choice, pick Thachuk, improve the Team this season ........... or give the pick to Colorado and hope the Sens finish 31st, and that they beat the 81.5% odds of NOT winning the lottery.

No Flaw there, it's like I'v been saying, bird in the hand.

Reactions: TkachukNorris79

h2

Mar 26, 2002
People were clearly looking at the 8 goals to form their opinions. This guy will be a star power forward for years. Hopefully all with Ottawa.

Lots of people here thought this guy was just another character player that we'd miss on like Lazar (Again, probably due to stat watching). Our fan base doesn't appreciate the power forward style because we've never had one and that style is the rarest in today's skilled NHL game. A lot of posters assumed Brady obtained his draft ranking via family bloodlines. Another factor in fan reaction was taking Tkachuk over Zadina. Zadina was the overwhelmingly preferred prospect of the two among posters here, most professionals had Tkachuk slightly higher. This is a list of reasons I recall, it's still too early to claim a right or wrong here, but I've loved the pick since the beginning and so far so good with Tkachuk. He's exactly what we need. Let's hope he continues to impress!

Flamingo

Nov 13, 2008
Ottawa
The logic I've been trying to explain, is that PD had a choice, pick Thachuk, improve the Team this season ........... or give the pick to Colorado and hope the Sens finish 31st, and that they beat the 81.5% odds of NOT winning the lottery.

No Flaw there, it's like I'v been saying, bird in the hand.

You can’t point to this season’s standings to justify picking Tkachuk because if they hadn’t picked Tkachuk, their result would be different. If Tkachuk continues to have such a strong impact, that is. Comprende?

Reactions: Relapsing

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
people who are saying that "oh even if we finish last we probably still wouldn't get the #1 pick" aren't understanding that the top end of this draft is insane.

RAFI BOMB

May 11, 2016
2k2m77.jpg

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Just curious, what aspects were you concerned about?
Skating at the NHL level was the big one. He seemed good enough at lower levels but I was concerned about his agility and quickness. Seeing him play at this level I still see issues with his skating but like Stone he is able to play his game. I wasn't sure if he'd be able to translate his hockey sense at this level but that applies to most prospects.

Reactions: coladin

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
He played wellish yesterday. Let’s not go crazy over his two assists though lol. On each one it was like “did tkatchuk get an assist on that?

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
He played wellish yesterday. Let’s not go crazy over his two assists though lol. On each one it was like “did tkatchuk get an assist on that?

He got an assist on the 2nd Wideman goal but that goal is all his. The goalie was frustrated and distracted by #7 that he cane out to push Tkachuk and it got him out of position for the shot - Tkachuk also with the awesome screen.

Love his game

Reactions: ReginKarlssonLehner

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
You can’t point to this season’s standings to justify picking Tkachuk because if they hadn’t picked Tkachuk, their result would be different. If Tkachuk continues to have such a strong impact, that is. Comprende?

Unless you have a method of transporting to the alternate parallel universe where the other PD let the Avalanche use the 2018 pick ........ and stay there long enough to report back to us on the results of the Draft Lotteries, in that alternate parallel universe, there is no way we'll be able to compare the two scenarios.

I choose to agree will the logic that lead PD into selecting 4th in this years' draft .... and see how the Lottery chips fall next spring before re-evaluating the decision made by PD.

To suggest it was the wrong choice, without knowing where the (formerly Ottawas') pick lands, after the lotteries, is pointless, and it's even more pointless to debate it until after the draft lotteries.

SensFactor

Oct 25, 2008
Ottawa
Wanted this kid from day one. We need his character, grit and skill in our locker room. Zadina may have shown more skill but the intangibles favoured Tkatchuk. Plus hes putting up points and looks pretty good do so.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013

He deflected both original shots on net; off the goalie's pad (rebound) to a Sens player to Wideman and in.
Have to give credit for him being there to deflect those pucks. He was also instrumental on getting possession to get those original shots in the first place. Deserving of the pts and not easy to manufacture.

Edit: I forgot... lmao

Bileur

Jun 15, 2004
Ottawa
I know he was touted as one of the most physically ready players for the NHL but at his age I still had my doubts. He could use more weight but certainly isn’t getting pushed around out there. I’m very impressed.

Assuming he ends up somewhere in the 210-220 range he’ll be a terror in the offensive zone.

Reactions: Sens of Anarchy

scallionjj11

FOREVERALFIE
Jun 10, 2009
East Coast
I know he was touted as one of the most physically ready players for the NHL but at his age I still had my doubts. He could use more weight but certainly isn’t getting pushed around out there. I’m very impressed.

Assuming he ends up somewhere in the 210-220 range he’ll be a terror in the offensive zone.

And here we go again, he's fine with the weight that he's at.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->