NFL: Brady suspension reinstated

Finlandia WOAT

js7.4x8fnmcf5070124
May 23, 2010
again....tampering with evidence they already had via the other phones

They (Brady camp) had already told them they weren't going to establish the precedent of giving up his private phone so Goodell can just demand other players personal possessions whenever he wants.

again....the phone was a complete and total smokescreen by the league. They already had what they wanted and they were never going to get his phone to begin with, so whatever happens to it is irrelevant SINCE IT HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH ANYTHING

Well, the original post to which I was responding claimed there was no "specific" accusation against him.

Hence I provided a specific accusation against him.

Lol yes...Tom Brady, defender of players rights.

And perhaps, but then sucks for Tom and his dumbass lawyer to walk into such an obvious trap. Unless you don't see the problem with switching stories about the whereabouts of evidence in the middle of an internal investigation?

He asked about having to give up his phone and they said no but continue on with your propaganda

Actually Brady originally didn't hand it over because Wells didn't ask for it but later refused because he had destroyed his phone.

Last edited:

Sturm

Jun 25, 2015
Virginia
Brady was never asked to show his cell phone. See Ted Wells telling him directly, we don't need the phone.

In any case, any message Brady would have sent would have been on the phones of the ball staff.

Finlandia WOAT

js7.4x8fnmcf5070124
May 23, 2010
Yes: Wells just asked for Brady to run search terms through his various phones. Brady refused, on advice if his council.

When Brady went to appeal, he had had a forensic examiner bring the info Wells wanted: between March 6th and April 8th, 2015; and May 23rd and Nov. 5th 2014.

When asked about the gap, Brady then claimed that it was his practise to destroy his old phones on the day he got a new one. The new phone (March 6th) was activated coincidentally the day Wells interviewed Brady.

Correct that Wells didn't ask Brady for his phone: he wanted Brady to run searches himself, which he did (to an extent).

That's where the "tampering with evidence" comes from. Was it a smokescreen from the NFL? Sure. Am I arguing such? No.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Well, the original post to which I was responding claimed there was no "specific" accusation against him.

Hence I provided a specific accusation against him.

Lol yes...Tom Brady, defender of players rights.

And perhaps, but then sucks for Tom and his dumbass lawyer to walk into such an obvious trap. Unless you don't see the problem with switching stories about the whereabouts of evidence in the middle of an internal investigation?

Actually Brady originally didn't hand it over because Wells didn't ask for it but later refused because he had destroyed his phone.

But again, it's not evidence. It wasn't theirs to look at and they never were going to get it, and on top of that they had already told him they didn't need it and already had all of the data they needed from the other phones.

But whatever, we both know where this goes :laugh:

Finlandia WOAT

js7.4x8fnmcf5070124
May 23, 2010
Wells didn't say "we don't need it".

He said that they needed certain info from the phones, and Brady just had to provide info pertaining to certain key terms.

But again, all I'm saying is what Brady was accused of by the NFL...one if which was " tampering with evidence", in response to someone who claimed there were no "specifics".

Destroying his phone with potential information pertaining to an internal investigation concerning him soon before he was to be interviewed for said investigation is specific, no?

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
That is certainly a specific, I agree with you there.

I guess where we differ is I don't regard him destroying his phone as tampering with evidence since they had all relevant communications and they were never getting his phone in the first place. The NFL obviously has a different opinion :laugh:

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
Interesting post Schedter made on his Facebook page this afternoon

NFL does not see any need to reopen any settlement talks with Tom Brady and the NFLPA, per league source. NFL believes neither NFLPA nor anyone from Brady's camp has provided any rationale for settlement discussions. The league believes the time for those talks has come and gone, after the two sides had discussed a settlement last summer.

Finlandia WOAT

js7.4x8fnmcf5070124
May 23, 2010
That is certainly a specific, I agree with you there.

I guess where we differ is I don't regard him destroying his phone as tampering with evidence since they had all relevant communications and they were never getting his phone in the first place. The NFL obviously has a different opinion :laugh:

Oh yeah, by that point the NFL was determined to find anything they could to smack Brady down for refusing to kiss the ring. It's a complete technically that didn't matter.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
He doesn't have to cooperate. He didn't cooperate.

Then the NFL charged him with "noncooperation".

And....yes?

The NFL says they want your phone.

You say no: then destroy it.

Pretty cut 'n' dry " tampering with evidence".

Obviously he wasn't going to cooperate. They were trying to slander him and the team he plays for.

As for the bolded, just look below. Maybe its a coincidence he got a phone around that time? You know after the season, after he won the Super Bowl. When he's had time to relax and take a breather.

Here is what happened with the cell phone, its no mystery. Brady asked Wells, do you need to see my cell phone, he was going to give it to him, but Well said no we do not need to see it. Brady fully cooperated. Per his usual protocol, he destroyed the phone to avoid having his personal information leaked, which is happening more and more to celebrities and is a valid concern for Brady.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Interesting post Schedter made on his Facebook page this afternoon

NFL does not see any need to reopen any settlement talks with Tom Brady and the NFLPA, per league source. NFL believes neither NFLPA nor anyone from Brady's camp has provided any rationale for settlement discussions. The league believes the time for those talks has come and gone, after the two sides had discussed a settlement last summer.

Those talks have come and gone because the league was being inflexible during those discussions in terms of the settlements they offered Brady. They were basically telling him he had to perjure himself. It was a non-starter

To your point Finlandia, looking back in hindsight the biggest issue was with how Kraft handled this matter. He came out and was indignant which would have been cool, but he eventually caved to the league until it was too late because he wanted to still be buddy-buddy with all of his fellow billionaires raking in more dough.

So basically he put more of a spotlight on the matter, pissed the league off, and then disappeared for a time to let Brady take the schrapnel. I'm sure that wasn't his intention but ultimately that is more or less what happened. He should have stayed pissed off or should have shut his mouth...instead he got caught in between. And for that he probably subjected Brady to a bigger/harsher punishment than he would have gotten

Last edited:

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/1...ints-takes-aim-roger-goodell-tom-brady-ruling

The New Orleans Saints quarterback said Goodell's ability to serve as "judge, jury and executioner" has been a "black eye" for the NFL.

"I think we would all agree that he definitely has too much power," Brees told SI.com. "He is judge, jury and executioner when it comes to all the discipline. I'm not going to trust any league-led investigation when it comes to anything. It's not transparent."

"Forget the issues at hand here with Deflategate or whatever you want to call it," Brees told The Dan Patrick Show. "I think this was an issue again where the commissioner's authority was challenged and the league is gonna do whatever they can to make sure they know that he is in position to make these types of unilateral decisions, and there's nothing anybody can do about it."

"We've been witness to this down in New Orleans firsthand," Brees told "The Rich Eisen Show." "There's just so much mistrust from the players' perspective and the fans' perspective. Nothing's transparent about it. It happens behind closed doors and you always feel like there's an agenda at play."

You tell em, Drew :D

Finlandia WOAT

js7.4x8fnmcf5070124
May 23, 2010
Obviously he wasn't going to cooperate. They were trying to slander him and the team he plays for.

As for the bolded, just look below. Maybe its a coincidence he got a phone around that time? You know after the season, after he won the Super Bowl. When he's had time to relax and take a breather.

Sturm has it backwards: Wells said they didn't need the phone, they needed Brady to search through his phones using key terms provided by Wells and give Wells anything that was relevant. Brady refused to do that with Wells, but came to the appeal with such information, save with a gap between november 2014 and March 2015. When asked about the gap, Brady claimed it was because he destroyed his old phone when he got a new one.

Even if Sturm is correct, Wells didn't mean "we don't need it, you can physically flush it down the toilet for all i care", he meant that it was not needed for Brady to physically surrender his phone, but for Brady to search through and provide relevant information. Because it's easier to uphold in court asking for relevant information than seizure of private property.

It could have been a miscommunication, but it's still (technically) tampering with evidence.

And that is one mighty hilarious coincidence, IMO. Plus Brady only destroyed his 2nd phone: he provided records from his 1st and 3rd phone at the trial.

Last edited:

Patrice37

Jul 19, 2006
Kensil was reassigned lol

They aren't even trying to cover it up anymore.

The head referee in the Jets game where the balls were inflated over 16 psi was reassigned to an "advisory" role last summer as well.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
I think the only thing that we can say with 100% certainty is that both sides have been disingenuous throughout.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
No reason for the league to lie if they were in the right...

But they did. Because they were not.

EDIT: Is it ironic when the guy who wants to nail BB and the Pats the most is responsible for lending credibility to the Pats side of things with his sloppy excuse for an investigation? IDK I think that is irony.

****ing Kensil. Beyond incompetent

Last edited:

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street

EDIT: Is it ironic when the guy who wants to nail BB and the Pats the most is responsible for lending credibility to the Pats side of things with his sloppy excuse for an investigation? IDK I think that is irony.

Theres the theory the other teams were pissed Goodell went "easy" on the Pats for Spygate, but its still amazing how bad he's treated his model franchise and one of his most popular players.

Also funny how we have yet to hear about Mr Wells since the "completely biased and irrational Wells Report" was published.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008

There's no reasonable explanation for a lot that has occurred here. Like the text messages, or Kraft accepting the punishment without appealing, or Brady conveniently throwing his phone away after the league wanted to search it.

Both sides have been dishonest.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
There's no reasonable explanation for a lot that has occurred here. Like the text messages, or Kraft accepting the punishment without appealing, or Brady conveniently throwing his phone away after the league wanted to search it.

Both sides have been dishonest.

In fairness the Patriots were only dishonest AFTER they had been deliberately lied to by the league about the PSI in the balls (remember "more than 2.0 PSI under"). The Patriots were operating under a lie told to them by the people investigating them. That explains most of their behavior. The entire country and them were under the impression the balls were over 2 PSI under and they were dumbfounded. That is why they were incredulous from the beginning. That is why Brady didn't cooperate to his fullest extent. That is ENTIRELY on the league. Why would you give the guys that are trying to kill you a gun?

So I'm not buying it. The league is FAR more at fault and has actually been 100% UNEQUIVOCALLY PROVEN to have lied. And it has happened since the outset.

Nobody has been able to tell me why yet and it has been over a year. I still expect no answer from you guys- quite frankly "incompetence" doesn't cut it when the lies were deliberately malicious and there have been no other valid, semi-decent explanations on why they lied to begin the entire thing so....

Last edited:

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
NFLPA has now hired the lawyer who successfully argued Bush vs Gore before the U.S. Supreme Court

If only Cochran and Kardashian were still around.....then we could really get this thing started.

Patrice37

Jul 19, 2006
NFLPA has now hired the lawyer who successfully argued Bush vs Gore before the U.S. Supreme Court

If only Cochran and Kardashian were still around.....then we could really get this thing started.

Not to mention his bio says he's argued in front of the Supreme Court 62 times winning more than 75% of them.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad