Confirmed with Link: Brad Richardson returns (2yrs. $1.25M AAV)

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Okay I guess? Hope it's cheap. And I mean cheap.
I was never comfortable with the idea that Kruger was a lock for one of the C jobs given that he wasn't even playing in the NHL to finish last season.

moosemeister

5,000 strong
Feb 15, 2010
Mesa, Arizona
2dcl3o.jpg

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Conspiracy theory time!

Coyotes picked up Richardson as center insurance on the 3rd line because they’re planning on trading Strome for a winger.

Probably Pacioretty with an extension in place.

They think Stepan-Galchenyuk-Dvorak-Richardson is great.

They can live with Stepan-Dvorak-Richardson-Kruger if Galchenyuk can’t hack it and they have to move him to wing.

Reactions: Mosby and Yandover

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
Conspiracy theory time!

Coyotes picked up Richardson as center insurance on the 3rd line because they’re planning on trading Strome for a winger.

Probably Pacioretty with an extension in place.

They think Stepan-Galchenyuk-Dvorak-Richardson is great.

They can live with Stepan-Dvorak-Richardson-Kruger if Galchenyuk can’t hack it and they have to move him to wing.
None of this sounds far fetched at all to me. I'm all for more centers though, after needing to move guys like Martinook and Domi to center I'm cool with having 6 of them.

The time table mentioned is interesting, only camp. I wonder if they're going to showcase Strome for a month or so then look for trade options.

moosemeister

5,000 strong
Feb 15, 2010
Mesa, Arizona
I'd believe that this is a wait it out and see who wins in camp approach.

But I'd only believe that if this were a one year deal. I sense someone is leaving soon.

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
Hate this deal. Guarantees another spot to a bottom six player and freezes Strome out of even competing for a roster spot. It's like we're afraid to aim higher than mediocre. If you told me we could either add Kruger, Richardson and Grabner or nobody, I'd pick nobody every time.

Reactions: Yandover

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
At least two of our centers can also play wing.

As I see it the traditional specialty lines are going away. Tocchet wants roll four lines that can come at you in waves. Towards the end last year the Sticky Bois we’re getting third line minutes up against top lines.

We’re going more out of the box and I think it’s a good thing.

Reactions: kbay and Mosby

PHXyotes

Jul 12, 2010
Hate this deal. Guarantees another spot to a bottom six player and freezes Strome out of even competing for a roster spot. It's like we're afraid to aim higher than mediocre. If you told me we could either add Kruger, Richardson and Grabner or nobody, I'd pick nobody every time.
I'm sorry but I don't understand how adding competition and potential depth to the bottom six, as well as, a potential 30 goal scorer in Grabner is being mediocre?

I also dont believe that this eliminates Strome from a potential roster spot. He can always start on the wing and if Galchenyuk doesnt pan at out at center they can swap them.

Then we get to Kruger and I firmly believe that if he doesnt come into camp and prove that he is the Kruger from Chicago and not the Kruger that finished last year in the AHL then he will find himself right back down there.

Competition is fantastic. It is how you get the most out of your team. If Strome had the mindset of "Oh all these centers means I don't have a shot"... then he shouldnt be a player you want on your team.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
Hate that it's a two-year deal. Hate that it probably means Strome isn't going to get an extended look with real wingers. Deja vu. Hate that it probably means the death of trying to roll 3 decent lines to generate offense and a good defensive line.

Reactions: Yandover and RemoAZ

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
Brodziak is still twice the player that Brad is for the same money. Letestu is marginally better as fourth liners go and is still available.
We go back to the "good guys" like a dog returns to its vomit. And a two-year deal?

Reactions: Yandover

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
I figured this was going to happen, actually. Tocchet likes Richardson - gave him an A part of the season last year. His contract this time is a lot less expensive than it was when it expired. And Richardson can play all three forward slots.

Certainly didn't think anyone else was going to sign him, anyway.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad