Brad Marchand jumps Lars Eller

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drew311

Makes The Pass
Oct 29, 2010

yeah thats not a fair fight.....

Eller is allowed to punch too, or protect himself....either one would have helped not get punched in the face multiple times.

I hate both players, so i'm not picking a side. Eller got what he deserved if he taunted the bench. He's always been a cocky punk. Marchand is a piece of garbage, but I don't blame him for ragdolling a guy who intentionally embarrassed his team.

easton117

Nov 11, 2017
There’s a difference in action though.

If a player mocks and does whatever... go check him, slash him a little harder, or whatever... or even better score a goal! That’s the best type of retribution.

If a player doesn’t want to fight... you don’t fight. That’s crossing a line.

The most famous player in this regard, who crosses the line, but never backs it up, is Brooks Orpik. He eventually started backing his actions up... but it leads up to stuff like the Domi-Ekblad incident, Thornton-Orpik incident, or the Emery-Holtby incident.

The league is trying to send a message, this is a good one to look at.
Lol good god.

When will you guys stop? Plastic sticks, styrofoam pucks and bubble wrapped players? Think it’ll be safe enough then?

Here’s an idea. Don’t yap at the opposing team on a night when they’re probably surly and won’t worry too much about taking a penalty

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
People suck

I enjoyed Marchand beating down Eller. It was the only bright spot of the entire game. God forbid the bruins ever win a game that one sided, if Marchand coasts by the other bench pumping his fist, I’ll be the first to admit that he’s gonna get his ass beat. And he will have earned it.

If that happened there'd be a 20 page bitch fest about Marchand being classless.

Remember the crap here after the Cup raise taunt in Vancouver?

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
Surprised it took 7 pages for this garbage straw man argument to show up.

Pretty depressing what has become of hockey fans. Nothing more than a bunch of neutered SJW wannabes. Grow a set or go watch figure skating
You are justifying Marchand repeatedly punching someone in the face because they were mean to your bench. Do you not see the irony in this?

Reactions: dukeofjive

Robert Kentwood

Sep 11, 2018
People suck

I enjoyed Marchand beating down Eller. It was the only bright spot of the entire game. God forbid the bruins ever win a game that one sided, if Marchand coasts by the other bench pumping his fist, I’ll be the first to admit that he’s gonna get his ass beat. And he will have earned it.
Marchand LICKED another players face. He deserves every bit of criticism for the rest of his life. There is no justifying defending a player like him.

Reactions: dukeofjive

Sasso09

Jan 2, 2009
Chicago
I don't really care who won or lost. You can't just jump guys and start swinging on them. We're in the post-Bertuzzi era. You can't force a guy to fight by hitting him until he starts.
Yes you can, when they chirp a bench during a blowout. Marchand is a small skilled player, not some grunt. Eller deserved it

Reactions: PatriceBergeronFan

T REX

Feb 28, 2013
Full disclosure, I hate the rat but Eller had it coming. You don't taunt the bench then expect nothing to happen. Does Eller have children because I hope they were already in bed before daddy got beat down like Apollo Creed.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Marchand LICKED another players face. He deserves every bit of criticism for the rest of his life. There is no justifying defending a player like him.

Truthfully, i don’t like Marchand. The licking stuff was annoying and i hated it.

I can dislike a player but love one thing he does.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad