Brad Marchand jumps Lars Eller

Status
Not open for further replies.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
There are a good 3-5 punches landed before Eller drops the gloves. Eller clearly didn't want to fight. Marchand punched him until his choices were fight or turtle.

So be quiet next time.

I know millennials will never believe this but there was once a time in hockey and the world that you used to get your ass beat for being a punk rubbing it in.

Gnome17

Mar 4, 2016
Sweden
So yeah. Getting mugged is the appropriate response apparently.
I mean if you act like a brat you should be ready to face the consequences. Fighting is still a thing in the NHL. If he covers up like that when getting called out he looks even worse.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Don't act like a classless jackwagon when you are blowing someone out and you won't have to worry about getting beat down by a midget. Reading some of this nonsense makes it obvious some folks haven't watched much hockey before. Just standard operating procedure in the game tonight.

If we were in 1974, you'd probably be right.

Reactions: dukeofjive

CapnZin

Jul 20, 2017
Sweden
This is a good take to examine the down the line differences between the two types of hockey fans out there.

You say Eller said no to the fight so it should stop or not happen.

I say he said yes as soon as he ran his mouth after scoring a goal in a 7-0 game. Whether he decides to participate after that point is irrelevant.

Not sure there’s an in between with fans
There’s a difference in action though.

If a player mocks and does whatever... go check him, slash him a little harder, or whatever... or even better score a goal! That’s the best type of retribution.

If a player doesn’t want to fight... you don’t fight. That’s crossing a line.

The most famous player in this regard, who crosses the line, but never backs it up, is Brooks Orpik. He eventually started backing his actions up... but it leads up to stuff like the Domi-Ekblad incident, Thornton-Orpik incident, or the Emery-Holtby incident.

The league is trying to send a message, this is a good one to look at.

Reactions: Drakon

FrozenJagrt

Dec 16, 2009
The fight where lucic challenged him? There is no shame to losing to Colton Orr
Lucic bought into his own hype as the toughest kid on the playground. The second he faced a real challenger, he got his face broken and hid behind the ref pretty quick.

And there are a minority of Bruins fans who have that attitude. Chara sends a guy face first into the boards? "He dove! Z barely touched him! What a wuss! Old time hockey!"

Krejci gets caught in open ice?
"Despicable! What a thug! Get him out of the game!"

Reactions: Kaperi Spacey

Albus Dumbledore

Master of Death
Mar 28, 2015
taunting = saying yes to a fight apparently...

Anyways ask yourself not if that was clean or not, ask yourself will marchand get suspended if you think he will it was likely dirty and if you really think no, then it was not.

Also i think this was Ellers first fight..

member 151739

So be quiet next time.

I know millennials will never believe this but there was once a time in hockey and the world that you used to get your ass beat for being a punk rubbing it in.

Those "good ol' times" were actually horrible, and we have evolved. The sport should as well.

Marchand deserves a suspension.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
He earned it. It may be 2018 hockey but it is still hockey. What purpose did it serve to mock the Bruins bench then trash talk as he entered his bench?

We can't have this in today's game. I'm not saying Marchand needs a lengthy suspension. Maybe just a fine. But this is the same thing as Domi/Ekblad, with the defense of Marchand being, "Yeah, but he deserved it."

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Lucic bought into his own hype as the toughest kid on the playground. The second he faced a real challenger, he got his face broken and hid behind the ref pretty quick.

And there are a minority of Bruins fans who have that attitude. Chara sends a guy face first into the boards? "He dove! Z barely touched him! What a wuss! Old time hockey!"

Eh. You’ll find that in every city

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas

Wrong. Lucic and Orr tested heavy blows for about a minute before Orr caught him flush and broke his nose ending the fight.

But haters gonna hate

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
So be quiet next time.

Yeah, and those times have been phased out. I know Bruin fans still long for the days of center ice muggings, but they're over. You have to catch up.

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
It's laughable that there is all this outrage over a hockey fight starting over someone being classless. This stuff has been happening since the NHL began. Eller taunted the Bruins. Marchand fought him in response. Marchand got an instigator penalty and misconduct, as he well deserved, and life goes on. Looking forward to a long thread every time snowflakes get triggered over stuff that his been going on in hockey since its inception.

CamMac

Jan 3, 2015
Hold up, Bruins fans, according to fans of other teams we are really not being classy in this thread. That is not good look for our fan base, because as we all know HFboards is a very prestigious website, full of serious content and is totally not just a bunch of fans shit posting.

As a Bruins fan I condemn Marchands actions and send my thoughts and prayers to Lars Eller and his family.

RickP

Mar 14, 2017
Sure, Eller should be more careful in a 7-0 game, but Marchand has no business doing that. That was disgusting.

Reactions: Kaperi Spacey
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad