Player Discussion Brad Marchand IV - CONFIRMED signed 8 years @ 6.125/yr

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
I wish it would be only a game. Unless he cools it for 2 or 3 seasons his next offense will prolly net him 4 or 5.

Embracing unfair suspensions is as Boston a thing as clam chowder.:)

Gabrielle can play a couple games with Bergy if Brad has to submarine some meathead trying to drill him into the boards and Quintal is still salty we coughed him up in the Oates deal.

Bridges31

Sweep the leg!
Oct 7, 2007
NH
Hes cut it out by about 60-70%.

Im sorry but he absolutely has to go low on a guy every once and a while to keep them honest and protect himself.

And when he does it everyone will flip and out he'll get a game to sit.

I hope you appreciate that this guy is judged by Tom Brady/Bill Belichick standards when it comes to physical play and will be punished unfairly. He knows it and has cut back.

Meanwhile dirtbags like Shaw can embarrass the sport and the league by yelling hate speech at an opponent on National television and then when they dangerously board a prospect not miss a single F-ing game.

I personally love when Marchand submarines a player. Those hits are awesome.

BruinsFTW

Jun 26, 2007
Boston, MA
'I thought he had the best shot on our team' - Carey Price

Quite the compliment all things considered

Definitely some high praise..his wrist shot is criminally underrated...his ability to get it off in all situations is a nightmare for goalies..hes not an easy guy to read when it comes to his shot..

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Beers on radio just said how can Marchand heckle all these guys he is such good friends with

Greek_physique

Caron - Legit SNIPER
Jul 9, 2004
Toronto, Ont
Beers on radio just said how can Marchand heckle all these guys he is such good friends with

easy...he's not on the same team as them anymore.

People forget but Marchand has trained with Crosby before in the summertime...didn't stop him from chirping the Penguin during the playoffs.

DitClapper

May 15, 2014

The year Thornton TKO'd Orpik it was said that they skated all summer long with each other. No friends on the ice ever.

BruinsFTW

Jun 26, 2007
Boston, MA

easy...he's not on the same team as them anymore.

People forget but Marchand has trained with Crosby before in the summertime...didn't stop him from chirping the Penguin during the playoffs.

The year Thornton TKO'd Orpik it was said that they skated all summer long with each other. No friends on the ice ever.

For sure, Dans knows this tho..

No matter how good of friends...once the puck drops none of it matters..Different teams means enemies. You play to win not make friends. Save the sentimental **** for the handshake line. They leave it all out on the ice before that.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Marchand got $49 M to score goals and be a leader not heckle guys to get them off their game

His job description like his life has changed with marriage kid what he's done past 12 months professionally

He grew up (mostly) - but I think we see at least one classic Marchand moment somewhere in that deal

Seidenbergy

Nov 2, 2012
Marchand got $49 M to score goals and be a leader not heckle guys to get them off their game

Nope. Marchand got $49 mil to be Marchand. That includes both sides of the coin. It doesn't have to just be one or the other.

DitClapper

May 15, 2014
For sure, Dans knows this tho..

No matter how good of friends...once the puck drops none of it matters..Different teams means enemies. You play to win not make friends. Save the sentimental **** for the handshake line. They leave it all out on the ice before that.

I wish Hayes played like this. Instead he cares about his buddies.

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
I wish Hayes played like this. Instead he cares about his buddies.

The other teams D are all his buddies Hayes is good at not engaging phyisically and floating through the offensive zone and occasionally being in the right place with some good hands for an opportunistic scoring chance. Can poach some easy points.

I don't mind if our defensemen are like Chara and don't go for big hits and take themselves out of position. But not the forwards. Hayes playing like a coward last year was the difference in making the playoffs and not.

But I think as far as forwards go we already have Spooner and Pasternak and basically if you aren't bringing that level of skill to the team and aren't more talented than them you better play like Marchand or Beleskey because if you play like Hayes we are keeping you in Providence. Period.

Guys like Senny and DeBrusk should be told point blank if we see any Jimmy Hayes in you and you don't play like Marchand or Beleskey you will be stuck in the AHL for a long time and until you change.

What The Puck

Future GM
Feb 12, 2014
Northeast
Guys like Senny and DeBrusk should be told point blank if we see any Jimmy Hayes in you and you don't play like Marchand or Beleskey you will be stuck in the AHL for a long time and until you change.

Couldn't have said it better myself. Actually, that should be the first slide in the team meetings.

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Hooksett, NH

His job description like his life has changed with marriage kid what he's done past 12 months professionally

He grew up (mostly) - but I think we see at least one classic Marchand moment somewhere in that deal

I hope so

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005

Hopefully that classic Marchand moment is him putting a Stanley Cup over his head wearing Bruins uniform.

Roll 4 Lines

Pastafarian!
Nov 6, 2008
In The Midnight Hour

I'm expecting at least one classic Marchand moment per year.

It's been only about half a season since his last suspension.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
I know Brad has calmed down but I don't want him to lose all of his feisty ways.

He is a blast to watch

Last edited:

ReggieMoto

Nov 24, 2003
Manchester, NH
I know Brad has calmed down but I don't want him to lose all of his feisty ways.

He is a blast wo watch

Agreed. He plays the pest well and it takes opponents' heads out of the game. There's no reason he can't be both a top-skill player and a pest at the same time. He just needs to learn where that line is between pest and penalty.

Last edited:

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004

I predict he gets at least one suspension for a totally legal check (lookin' at you Sami Salo)

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
A guy who talks like this will always talk like this. It's just a part of his game and combined with his skill, makes him the best pest in the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad