Player Discussion Brad Marchand IV - CONFIRMED signed 8 years @ 6.125/yr

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
I only wish Brad would get more helpers along with 35-40 goals. Would love to see him hit 50 that would be super cool. Can he do it????

FWIW he was tied for 5th on the team for 5 on 5 assists with 17 (6th A/60) while only have 2 while on the PP which puts him last out of everyone in PP A/60.

bruinsfan1970

Global Moderator
I bet he can. They need to find a proper winger for that line.

Yes I was thinking the same thing,the overall team needs some better players to play with Bergeron and Marchand and much needed defensemen. But to sure up the defense does not mean the team does better without better production. I was looking back at the 2010-11 season game scores and we blew a lot of teams out. Here is hoping Don can find the correct players to do just that. I still say we got the best coach, not to happy with our goaltenders though.

Fossy21

Nobel Prize Deke
Mar 14, 2013
50 is too high. But I can see 40.

Yeah, he'd need to be on the PP a lot more, and on a better PP (like the one we had the first half of this season), as well as probably on another team (one that actually gets a lot of PP's). Even then it might be a stretch. 40 is definitely doable, though.

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
He has scored over 28 goals once in his career -- this past season. And even then he didn't make it to 40. I guess we will have to wait and see whether this past season was an anomaly or the beginning of several years of goal scoring studliness. It's hard to think he will ever even sniff 50 goals. Would be cool if he did though. I'd be very happy if he could put up 35-40 every year for a while.

TMac21

Save us Sweeney
May 21, 2003
I wouldn't be upset if he came down to 25-30 goals this year seeing as he is due a contract.

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
I only wish Brad would get more helpers along with 35-40 goals. Would love to see him hit 50 that would be super cool. Can he do it????

Only one player has gotten 50 goals or more in the past 3 seasons - arguably the best goal scorer of all time - Ovechkin.

40 is possible, I'd expect 30-35.

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
^^^ his shot rate did increase in proportion to his scoring, it wasn't a high shooting % fluke

This is the main reason I think it's legit. As long as he shoots this often, I think he'll be around this goal total.

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
If Bergeron-Marchand get a good winger there is no reason they can't BOTH score more than this year too.

I feel like the crappy winger play is the main reason they both had career high goal totals. They both were firing pucks on net like madmen this season (Marchand shattered his career high in shots and Bergeron had his most shots since 2005/06). When Seguin and even Smith were here, the shots on net were more evenly distributed. With useless Connolly out there, naturally those two are going to be directing more pucks on net.

Looking at Marchand's underlying numbers, there really is no reason to think he won't get around that total again, regardless of PP goals. His shooting % was less than his career average, and he's entering a contract year.

CDonns

Nov 28, 2015
MA
I feel like the crappy winger play is the main reason they both had career high goal totals. They both were firing pucks on net like madmen this season (Marchand shattered his career high in shots and Bergeron had his most shots since 2005/06). When Seguin and even Smith were here, the shots on net were more evenly distributed. With useless Connolly out there, naturally those two are going to be directing more pucks on net.

Looking at Marchand's underlying numbers, there really is no reason to think he won't get around that total again, regardless of PP goals. His shooting % was less than his career average, and he's entering a contract year.

They both produce enough offense on their own that they don't need a highly skilled guy to be on there wing someone who is a good forechecker and allows for Marchand and Bergeron to do their thing, Connolly as the third wheel is fine. If it ain't broke don't fix it.

Mpasta

Oct 6, 2008

I agree. Sign Connolly long term!

ashnathan

Apr 22, 2014
Australia
I think McDavid is proof of how damaging Marshy could be with a really skilled centre, of course that means he'd part with Bergy for another which ruins our shut down line (im not advocating for that) but imagine the possibilities.

CDonns

Nov 28, 2015
MA
The funniest thing about that is Connolly is meant to be a sniper :laugh: he was brought in specifically for his shot and offence hahaha

The shot isn't there yet, but that may come. He seems to have a pretty good all-round game and his passing looks pretty good at times. That trio with him, Bergy and Marchand worked and looked like it allowed for Marchand to be more of an offensive presence.

ashnathan

Apr 22, 2014
Australia
The shot isn't there yet, but that may come. He seems to have a pretty good all-round game and his passing looks pretty good at times. That trio with him, Bergy and Marchand worked and looked like it allowed for Marchand to be more of an offensive presence.

Agreed, found it strange that Clode decided he couldnt take it anymore and broke it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad