Player Discussion Brad Marchand IV - CONFIRMED signed 8 years @ 6.125/yr

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salem13

Feb 6, 2008
Salem,Mass
WOW, the NHL site is such a steaming pile of ... stuff.

Took me three minutes to find the game highlights and I really didn't.

What happened is I figured out you could click by the goals to view them, the highlight reel just autoplayed after clicking one of those.

Roll 4 Lines

Pastafarian!
Nov 6, 2008
In The Midnight Hour
I sat infront of Ladyfan front row next to bench a few games last month in 2009-2010 season.

Marchand was a rookie and I remember him getting a questionable penalty and looking at Claude who had that 'pissed father look I knew so well'

Brad looked overwhelmed that day and his 20 G 0 G 1 A -3 20 PIM stat belies

We felt bad because we had seen him in Providence and my kid did all those Dave & Buster, Skate with the Bruins stuff and Marchand always had a smile for the kids and seemed like a character

I was hoping he could make it as a bottom 6 energy guy who can agitate and get you 10 goals :laugh:

It was a bummer coming here on HF and seeing him ripped to **** post after post as garbage

I know you liked him Joe but like me we had agendas a bit with him but you did tell me he's good and they'd be foolish to give up so fast- I actually lost a bet with my kid who told me if Marchand gets 20 goals I take her to D & B:laugh: I even modified it to 'career' and she took year

Very happy to lose that bet

He's a star legit star and one of the most unique players I've ever seen - no one really ever like him. I think maybe Linseman is good based on size skating and agitating but the Rat was pass first

Maybe a hybrid Linseman & Johnny Mckenzie

I was real young at the time, so I may make this equation simply due to size, but Yvonne Cornyer comes to mind as well. Beep, Beep!

Every time I see that $6.125 Mil. per year, I get warm and fuzzy.

Long as he keeps the antics to a minimum, he'll be one of the best contracts in the NHL for years.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
I remember when I was one of the few Marchand supporters, and shortsighted posters wanted him gone after his 20 game debut, and then gone after that because of his "punk" behavior.

Happy that B's management didn't feel the same way.

I'm with you on that. I've been a fan since they drafted him. It was hilarious to see even as recently as last year that people wanted to move him.

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
I sat infront of Ladyfan front row next to bench a few games last month in 2009-2010 season.

Marchand was a rookie and I remember him getting a questionable penalty and looking at Claude who had that 'pissed father look I knew so well'

Brad looked overwhelmed that day and his 20 G 0 G 1 A -3 20 PIM stat belies

We felt bad because we had seen him in Providence and my kid did all those Dave & Buster, Skate with the Bruins stuff and Marchand always had a smile for the kids and seemed like a character

I was hoping he could make it as a bottom 6 energy guy who can agitate and get you 10 goals :laugh:

It was a bummer coming here on HF and seeing him ripped to **** post after post as garbage

I know you liked him Joe but like me we had agendas a bit with him but you did tell me he's good and they'd be foolish to give up so fast- I actually lost a bet with my kid who told me if Marchand gets 20 goals I take her to D & B:laugh: I even modified it to 'career' and she took year

Very happy to lose that bet

He's a star legit star and one of the most unique players I've ever seen - no one really ever like him. I think maybe Linseman is good based on size skating and agitating but the Rat was pass first

Maybe a hybrid Linseman & Johnny Mckenzie

THIS!^^ He is that perfect combination.:handclap:

Demon Eyes

Nov 29, 2014
20utk78.jpg

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I was real young at the time, so I may make this equation simply due to size, but Yvonne Cornyer comes to mind as well. Beep, Beep!

Every time I see that $6.125 Mil. per year, I get warm and fuzzy.

Long as he keeps the antics to a minimum, he'll be one of the best contracts in the NHL for years.

the 'road runner' was one of my favorite players growing up- good comp

YC was a straight line blur with high end skating before 'edging classes' and skating camps to work on stride, balance etc

He had such an advantage because of that- its why Orr was so good. Orr was an elite skater in today's game sent back into time

Marchand can zig and zag and has a heck of a shot.

early on in the Fall of 2010 the HF Internet GM's it was trade Marchand and a first for Chris Drury :laugh: (Drury would score 1 more career goal and retire due to post concussion syndrome)

We got the endless Evander Kane rumors and even I think Scoop Murphy with the Patrick Marleau for Marchand

https://www.google.com/amp/causeway...evander-kane-coming-boston/amp/?client=safari

safe to say a little patience paid off

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Glad some of these posters are not in the Bruins FO

http://xnsports.com/2014/06/12/marchand-marleau-nhl-trade-rumors/

Well on Thursday two NHL sources told “Murph’s Musings” that the Bruins and the San Jose Sharks have had talks about a possible trade that would send Marchand to San Jose and veteran forward Patrick Marleau to Boston. There were no specific details on if any other players or picks would also be involved but it’s worth keeping an eye on.

Chia later said never happened

Anyways glad they held on

He's a legit star no need to do anymore agitation except on score board

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad