Brad Hunt

oil Leaks

The Ultimate Decoy
Jul 5, 2011
I see a 2 year bridge term contract for what MacT will be considered a shoe in for the hart, and norris contender in his final year if his term.

McSomnii

why u no change oil
Nov 3, 2012
Little Houston, AB
Keep in mind it took the Oilers 3 years to realize Potter was garbage

....hahaha :laugh:

I remember those times well. I feel as though I'm stuck in a time loop when it comes to this team, what with them having the same issues time and again, including this propensity for playing minor league defenders in big game situations...

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan
how is this guy still on the team, let alone almost leading the team in ice time... its *beyond crazy*

klefbom is so far ahead of this guy that its not even funny... i agreed with keeping klefbom in the AHL when he was going to sit in the press box when he was here... but now that nikitin is injured, there is literally no excuse to not have klefbom up here... instead we have hunt playing mondo minutes and playing like hot garbage

KarmaPolice

Snack enthusiast
Oct 5, 2007
In Limbo
how is this guy still on the team, let alone almost leading the team in ice time... its *beyond crazy*

klefbom is so far ahead of this guy that its not even funny... i agreed with keeping klefbom in the AHL when he was going to sit in the press box when he was here... but now that nikitin is injured, there is literally no excuse to not have klefbom up here... instead we have hunt playing mondo minutes and playing like hot garbage

They clearly have their favorites. Acton, cause his daddy is a coach. Now Hunt seems to be the new fascination. Management must go losing their minds, because it doesn't make any sense. Klefbom is a no-brainer to be on this team ahead of Hunt. Just makes you shake your head.

Sheikyerbouti

ShakeyerMcBooty
Nov 4, 2006
Van isle
Seems to me, from a development standpoint, having Lander over Acton as the 13th man is/was the way to go. I really don't see Lander developing more in the AHL and he would be better off trying to gain confidence as an NHLer after he was thrown to the wolves.

It was better for Klef to start out in the minors, because he's not totally dominant in the AHL like Lander has been, but after Hunt's uninspired impact, and then an injury to Nikitin, it's criminal that Klef hasn't been called up.

I just don't get the development path they are aiming at for each of these players. It's real, tangible favouritism. Lander seems like he's just been written off after he's scratched his way back to being a dominant AHL player and captain. And Klef's need to gain NHL experience - remember he played well in the SEL - is less important than getting Hunt 20+ minutes? (Hunt was MacT's darling).

If they felt Klef's development would be hurt by playing in the NHL, he shouldn't have made the team. There is no way that Klef's development is going to be harmed playing in the NHL, so they have to feel that Hunt is going to give them a better chance to win. It's insane!

RattsSSV

Слава Україні - F*** Putin
May 4, 2006
He's the new Toby Peterson. MacF for the fail.

edit: Just saw Del said the same thing.

sportsdynasty

Mar 31, 2011
www.nhltraderumors.me
Best Oilers D since Pronger. The kid is going to be a beauty. Our management and coaching have all the faith in Hunt as a first pairing Dman. Teams must fear our first pairing with future Norris winner Schultz and Brad Hunt.

AJGass4

Aug 19, 2011
Out of curiosity, what the hell is it that management and coaching see in this guy that every fan out there cannot?

Pressure

Real Talk
Aug 11, 2005
Edmonton
I hope Hunt never gets called up again. He's had a few defensive errors at key critical points of the game that led to losses. LA Kings and last nights game come to mind right away.

Whiston532

Dec 27, 2010
Edmonton
He's basically an offensive speciallist who didn't contribute offensively.

It was neat to see someone come out of the woodwork to be a surprise addition to the team (even if it really shouldn't have happened) but the camp factor of having him on the team is worn off.

Digger12

Gold Fever
Feb 27, 2002
Back o' beyond
On the 2-2 Vancouver goal last night, the camera panned to Hunt and the "welp, looks like my carriage has finally turned into a pumpkin" look was all over his face and body language.

Barring a large onset of injuries to the back end, I doubt we'll be seeing him anytime soon.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
I hope Hunt never gets called up again. He's had a few defensive errors at key critical points of the game that led to losses. LA Kings and last nights game come to mind right away.

I that's the way it works, maybe we should send Ference and Scrivens down as well.

Hockey Nightmare

Oct 25, 2007
He's the only Oiler defenseman who can actually shoot the puck.

Unfortunately that's the only thing he can do welll

He didn't show that at the NHL level tho. Even if he was our best option, it's just a further condemnation of how this organization has been run.

CornKicker

Holland is wrong..except all of the good things
Feb 18, 2005
rumor is brad hunt went to the airport to catch a flight to OKC and missed the flight.....just like the net......and defensive assignments

missinthejets

Dec 24, 2005
He's the only Oiler defenseman who can actually shoot the puck.

Unfortunately that's the only thing he can do welll

That's not true at all... Jeff Petry can shoot the puck pretty hard, trouble is that he has trouble actually hitting the net or getting his shot through to the net... just like Hunt, except Petry can actually play defense at an NHL level too whereas Hunt can not.

Comic Book Guy*

when i heard he got sent down, i was all like:

kemeIYy.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad