Brad Hunt

ohheyhemsky

Regehr DooDoo
Nov 1, 2010
DT Cowtown
MacT doesn't seem as smart in his moves on D...

Belov... fail

Larsen... fail (although Larsen was probably a "forced" piece sent to the Oilers to eat some salary in the Horcoff deal.)

Grebeshkov... fail

Fraser.. played very little but still fail

Ference... underwhelming at best. Not total fail but mediocre acquisition.

Aulie... arrows pointing to fail but obviously let's see what happens with him this season.

MacT has done better with his forward and goalie deals but so far he blows chunks at obtaining decent help on the blueline.

Fayne is the lone sparkling exception so far

We're still waiting to see on that one. He's looked good in the pre-season, but we were pretty happy with Ference in his first pre-season as well.

ekcut

The Refs shot JFK.
Jul 25, 2007
Edmonton
Hunt only sees the ice if there is a day by day injury, or if Marincin can't catch a plane in time if someone goes on the IR.

McDoused

Feb 5, 2007
Katy <3
MacT doesn't seem as smart in his moves on D...

Belov... fail

Larsen... fail (although Larsen was probably a "forced" piece sent to the Oilers to eat some salary in the Horcoff deal.)

Grebeshkov... fail

Fraser.. played very little but still fail

Ference... underwhelming at best. Not total fail but mediocre acquisition.

Aulie... arrows pointing to fail but obviously let's see what happens with him this season.

MacT has done better with his forward and goalie deals but so far he blows chunks at obtaining decent help on the blueline.

Fayne is the lone sparkling exception so far.

The players you listed were supposed to be number 6-10 on the depth chart. Some of the guys the Oilers expected to do well completely failed. Not to mention guys like Whitney and Peckham falling of the face of the Earth before that.

Smid-Petry
Ference-Schultz
Belov-Schultz

Larsen
Grebeshkov
Marincin
Klefbom
Nurse

I think I'm missing someone else too. But yeah, Schultz and Smid dropped off pretty hard.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
would be a good time to waive him down...
He should clear easily after last nights game.

Aerchon

Jul 20, 2011
Hunt is bad.

If anyone in the organization believes otherwise, they are seriously lost and without hope.

yukoner88

Dec 16, 2009
Dawson City, YT
I can't wait till they pull the plug on this experiment, his effort on the 2nd goal was absolutely pittyful. Please get him out of here

McSomnii

why u no change oil
Nov 3, 2012
Little Houston, AB
Hnn, I was never particularly happy that Hunt was kept up over Marincin, but he actually wasn't completely hopeless in the first couple of games that he played.

Since then, his level of play really seems to have gone downhill, and I'd be quite happy to see him replaced with someone else. However, with Ference likely to get a suspension, us Oilers fans are going to be stuck watching him struggle for at least a couple more games....

McDreamy

Losing credibility
Feb 25, 2009
He played nearly 20 minutes tonight. It's like we're not even trying to be competitive.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
Not only do they keep playing Hunt. But they keep playing him with Schultz. And they keep playing that pairing 20 minutes a night. I don't even know how it's possible to make this many poor decisions in regards to 1 player.

There were a bunch of people saying that the #7 d-man doesn't matter. But you need a guy who when needed can step in and play at least a handful of solid minutes. Hunt isn't even close.

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
Don't worry guys, he's doing wonders for Klefbom's development.

Not only do they keep playing Hunt. But they keep playing him with Schultz. And they keep playing that pairing 20 minutes a night. I don't even know how it's possible to make this many poor decisions in regards to 1 player.

There were a bunch of people saying that the #7 d-man doesn't matter. But you need a guy who when needed can step in and play at least a handful of solid minutes. Hunt isn't even close.

They have to play him with Schultz, anywhere else he gets destroyed (that's happening anyways, but they don't seem to have noticed yet). And they feel like they have to play Schultz more when they're losing, because he's their best bet at more offense.

Unfortunately he's not good enough to take a regular shift. They're sheltering his zone starts and competition, but he's still getting beat clean by nobodies like Linden Vey.

Last edited:

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
-8 in 7 games? On pace for -89 if he played the rest of the season this way if I have my math right

McDreamy

Losing credibility
Feb 25, 2009

We have Aulie down in OKC. He is far from perfect, but he's a hell of a lot more reliable in the NHL than Hunt.

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
I remember when he scored, there were fans telling us to eat crow. Yeah, we're totally eating crow right now. He's garbage. Send him down already. Slap shot wonder who can barely hit the net.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad