Confirmed with Link: Brad Boyes to attend Leafs camp on PTO

PuckMagi

Apr 13, 2013
Toronto
We need to trade some roster players to make room for the new guys. I'd be looking at Bozak, JVR, Kadri, and Lupul to leave.

The problem is that Lupul might not really be tradeable right now. Kadri I think is really good... but if our plan is to have Stamkos - Nylander down the middle for 1 and 2... then I don't think we'll really need Kadri going forward.

Animal

Oct 10, 2012
We need to trade some roster players to make room for the new guys. I'd be looking at Bozak, JVR, Kadri, and Lupul to leave.

The problem is that Lupul might not really be tradeable right now. Kadri I think is really good... but if our plan is to have Stamkos - Nylander down the middle for 1 and 2... then I don't think we'll really need Kadri going forward.

Don't get too ahead of yourself…..you don't trade a player like Kadri because you MIGHT get someone a year later

senor martinez

Komarov's cohonez
Oct 1, 2014
This new Maple Leafs trend is getting real cool and solid. We're getting all the best there are because now we have the best personel behind then bench! We're rich so we got Lou Lamouriello, Lemaire and Babcock! And also shanahan, hunter etc dubas etc. But everybody now wants to become a maple leaf again. It was like that back in the day... but now it's back. So that's good to see.

Boyes might be our best players if he's in great shape and all. He really understands the game well. Let's see if he wants to be the hero for us.

This new trend is so cool!! Lou and Lemaire really wanna be young again so they are really letting it all out now.... this is so hip and young. It's good to be free no? Just let it all hang out and sip from that fountain of youth. Lou and Lemaire really know it big now. This is just so... hip and trendy. I mean look at how good these men look.... yeah, they really sipping it big from the fountain of youth.

LV*

Free my bro Leivo
Aug 26, 2012
Toronto
Brad Boyes is good and hes the all time leader in shootout goals which might be bad for us ;)

ChuckWoods

Sep 13, 2009
At this rate I might even get a PTO!

But in all seriousness, Boyes is a nice vet add to this locker room and camp.

I think he'll earn himself a spot, as well as Glencross.

But can be effective Bottom 6 guys that can swing into the Top 6 in a very short term.

But these guys can also potentially add a mid to late pick in future drafts for a playoff contending team.

Hero

Uncle Leo
Jul 2, 2009
heropuck.wordpress.com
I might be missing some names but....

JvR, Kadri, Bozak, Lupul, Parenteau, Boyes, GlenX, Panik, Holland, Matthias, Beck, Spaling, Komarov, Winnik.

We could have two 2nd lines and two 3rd lines

Lupul - Bozak - Parentau
JvR - Kadri - Boyes
Glencross - Holland - Panik
Komarov - Mathias - Winnik

Reserve: Beck, Spaling

Muston Atthews

Bunch of Bangerz
Jul 2, 2009
Toronto, Ontario
I might be missing some names but....

JvR, Kadri, Bozak, Lupul, Parenteau, Boyes, GlenX, Panik, Holland, Matthias, Beck, Spaling, Komarov, Winnik.

We could have two 2nd lines and two 3rd lines

Lupul - Bozak - Parentau
JvR - Kadri - Boyes
Glencross - Holland - Panik
Komarov - Mathias - Winnik

Reserve: Beck, Spaling

Arcobello

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Donaghey slides too.

What does Donaghey cost to buy out? Just not a fan of wasting a contract on him lol.

Also what is with the Arcobello following here? Nice advanced stats and such in a limited role but I feel like he's the Tim Teabow of Toronto lol.

Animal

Oct 10, 2012
We all know whats coming……

Matthias - Winnik - Boyes

The 905 line

Budsfan

Sep 17, 2006
Weird because Boyes is a RW not a C…. if anything Kadri is happy because Boyes could be his new winger on the 1st line, as an upgrade over Parenteau

Bozak between JVR and Boyes, may be a better line, than the JVR/Bozak/Kessel line of last year and possibly be a better back checking line and thus a better plus/minus stats.

JVR/Bozak/Boyes
Lupul/Kadri/Parenteau
Glencross/Holland/Matthias
Komarov/Spaling/Winnik
Panik

Pretty solid looking line-up

MSZ

Car guy
Oct 5, 2014
Scarborough
Actually it wasn't that long since Boyes last wore a Leafs jersey, he did play a few preseason games for the Leafs 13 years ago.

Animal

Oct 10, 2012
Bozak between JVR and Boyes, may be a better line, than the JVR/Bozak/Kessel line of last year and possibly be a better back checking line and thus a better plus/minus stats.

JVR/Bozak/Boyes
Lupul/Kadri/Parenteau
Glencross/Holland/Matthias
Komarov/Spaling/Winnik
Panik

Pretty solid looking line-up

i don't mind your lineup, but Bozak is terrible defensively. Kadri is far superior defensively. JVR-Bozak-Kessel had atrocious defensive advanced stats so maybe it would be better to break them up entirely

Budsfan

Sep 17, 2006
i don't mind your lineup, but Bozak is terrible defensively. Kadri is far superior defensively. JVR-Bozak-Kessel had atrocious defensive advanced stats so maybe it would be better to break them up entirely

They are both second line centers but Bozak is a much better face-off man and that is a key talent needed for a first line center, so they can gain puck control in the opposing teams end, defensive centers are primarily used in the bottom 6 and go against the other team's top 6 but as we are sorely lacking a true first line center, Kadri would be better used as a 2nd line center.

senor martinez

Komarov's cohonez
Oct 1, 2014
You are spot on and I would also like to add that Lupul is not good defensively ether.

Bozak did play some fine defensive game like two three years ago. I remember him blocking shots, defending, taking the puck away.. stealing and all, but not last season for certainly. I think that kessel was so awful and jvr too... so maybe they made bozak worse also. Bozak didn't play his best season last time, but he might explode this season. He might be one of our best players this season. Wait and see y'all. He can play defense. I guarantee it. I've seen it happen.

Kadri and Bozak will be heroes this season. They will play good D.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
So weird, I always thought we'd come full circle with Brad Boyes and he'd find himself in the Leafs fold again.

showtime8

Jun 30, 2010
Toronto, ON
I'm not sure how much he has left in the tank.

He's coming to Toronto because that's where he would have the best chance to make the team and actually get some playing time.

rdawg1234

Jul 2, 2012
JVR-Kadri-Boyes would be a fun line to watch IMO and could actually play fairly well. I'd consider that as a great 2nd line on a decent team.

it's just the rest of the team is a bunch of 30-40 point 3rd liners.

this is shaping up to be a UFA vet team, as well as one of the most boring seasons in a while, we know we're going to lose, but we'll do it in style and next year will be much more exciting.

TheProspector

Oct 18, 2007
Orlando
Weird because Boyes is a RW not a C…. if anything Kadri is happy because Boyes could be his new winger on the 1st line, as an upgrade over Parenteau

No, PAP is superior to Boyes.

Evidence:

aae7OVz.png

vs
8Tp9Q4U.png

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
Best thing about this season will be pre season, when we get to see the future stars of this team battle the ufa/pto guys for spots, and then after the trade deadline when we see a lot of these guys fetch us more picks. In between we get to watch the Boyes and Glencross's of the world take one last stab at boosting their value for free agency. It will be interesting to see the management staff work their magic, Babcock Instill a work ethic and see who rises to the challenge on the ice.

It's a transitional year but anything but boring.

TMLeafer

Rest in Peace Johnny Bower
Mar 23, 2008
Hockey Mecca, ON
Maybe we'll roll 5 lines! :)

Again, PTO's don't hurt. I think Boyes and Glencross will wind up with contracts. Seto I'm not so sure.

Boyes to Toronto - the circle is complete.

Drew75

Sep 5, 2005
Best thing about this season will be pre season, when we get to see the future stars of this team battle the ufa/pto guys for spots, and then after the trade deadline when we see a lot of these guys fetch us more picks. In between we get to watch the Boyes and Glencross's of the world take one last stab at boosting their value for free agency. It will be interesting to see the management staff work their magic, Babcock Instill a work ethic and see who rises to the challenge on the ice.

It's a transitional year but anything but boring.

Add to that the fun of watching the Marlies this year and following the 2016 draft class with a boatload of potential picks ..... It's going to be a fun year!

Drew75

Sep 5, 2005
Maybe we'll roll 5 lines! :)

Again, PTO's don't hurt. I think Boyes and Glencross will wind up with contracts. Seto I'm not so sure.

Boyes to Toronto - the circle is complete.

The BIG question is who gets moved to make room?

I can't see them moving a newly signed guy, but possibly flipping a Spaling or Beck if they don't cut the mustard. Bozak is the most likely option as well.

It's going to be an interesting start to October!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad