Confirmed with Link: Brad Boyes to attend Leafs camp on PTO

The Magic Man

With God given hands
Sep 1, 2008
Hamilton, Ontario
Finally we see him in a Leafs jersey! (jk)

Why is this? I get the attempt to create competition, but how many 4th rounders are we intending on acquiring this season? I'd really like to make space for some younger prospects now, while we are likely to be bad. Let a young guy give it his all and take a spot, earn some extra money and get coached by a world class coach.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
R.I.P. Setoguchi's NHL chances.

On a serious note - He's actually good if you keep him around for 1 year, it is when he has a longer term deal he seems to get lazy. Not that good defensively either.

Shanty

July hockey is where bridges are burned
Jan 9, 2010
Toronto
Just copy paste, chill your horses

I kid, I kid. :laugh:

I'm happy about this though. I can feel the amount of competition this is going to create. There isn't 1 guy waiting to steal your job if you can't hack it, there's like... 10. Love it.

Anthrax442

Aug 4, 2008
Toronto
www.russianroulette.ca

Why is this? I get the attempt to create competition, but how many 4th rounders are we intending on acquiring this season? I'd really like to make space for some younger prospects now, while we are likely to be bad. Let a young guy give it his all and take a spot, earn some extra money and get coached by a world class coach.

No guarantee that everyone will be gone. Say someone plays out of his mind and they want to keep him..

ToneBone03

Trust the Shanaplan
Dec 11, 2008
Central Newfoundland
Yes, I understand that these are only PTOs but you have to think something's got to give. I would be surprised if Glencross & Boyes aren't signed to contracts. Although they may not be what they once were, they're still both pretty solid players.

Also, going to be nice to finally see Boyes in a Leafs jersey. It's only been 15 years. LOL

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
I think it's a fun little move just based on history.

Finally get him back here (even if he doesn't stick) after the Nolan trade :).

Not a big deal, but still kind of a fun bit of news.

pedis

brochefs
Mar 14, 2014
mars
I like this, and to be honest I liked him on the panthers more than i did PAP the times I saw him. I actually thinks both him and glencross will push out guys like seto, and possibly arcobello, beck etc

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
This guy is still a good player, was only bought out so Florida could play Trocheck/Grimaldi. Will be a nice tradeable deadline piece. I think he could put up 45 points on second line minutes.

He should make the team easily.

Nithoniniel

Sep 7, 2012
Skövde, Sweden

Let's make our young guys deserve it by beating out good competition rather than just stroll into a spot that says "Free".

CalgaryLeaf*

R.I.P. Setoguchi's NHL chances.

On a serious note - He's actually good if you keep him around for 1 year, it is when he has a longer term deal he seems to get lazy. Not that good defensively either.

That's very true...I remember playing Fanduel and Boyes used to always kill me with his negative +/- At one point he was one of the worst in the NHL.

gamer1035

Feb 14, 2012
Damn, I wish we could trade Bozo and Lupul to fit in more of these PTO scrubs that we can flip at the deadline

ChrisCall

Jun 25, 2012
bout friggen time!
I've been waiting for this story for years.
One of the leafs own picks coming home. :)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad