Confirmed with Link: Brad Boyes to attend Leafs camp on PTO

A1LeafNation

Obsession beats talent everytime!!
Oct 17, 2010
Leafs attempting to replace Giambi(Kessel) with Hatteberg(Boyes, Setoguchi, Glencross, etc). Does the group get on base as much yet?

Animal

Oct 10, 2012
The BIG question is who gets moved to make room?

I can't see them moving a newly signed guy, but possibly flipping a Spaling or Beck if they don't cut the mustard. Bozak is the most likely option as well.

It's going to be an interesting start to October!

Trading Bozak would be incredible, but if I was another team I'd rather sign Stephen Weiss for 1 year at ~1.5 million and hope he produces than have Bozak at 3 years at 4.2 million

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Trading Bozak would be incredible, but if I was another team I'd rather sign Stephen Weiss for 1 year at ~1.5 million and hope he produces than have Bozak at 3 years at 4.2 million

I wouldn't be surprised if Weiss found himself in Toronto.

gabeliscious

Jan 8, 2009
We need to trade some roster players to make room for the new guys. I'd be looking at Bozak, JVR, Kadri, and Lupul to leave.

The problem is that Lupul might not really be tradeable right now. Kadri I think is really good... but if our plan is to have Stamkos - Nylander down the middle for 1 and 2... then I don't think we'll really need Kadri going forward.

The BIG question is who gets moved to make room?

I can't see them moving a newly signed guy, but possibly flipping a Spaling or Beck if they don't cut the mustard. Bozak is the most likely option as well.

It's going to be an interesting start to October!

jvr-kadri-lupul
mathias-bozak-pap
glencross-holland-boyes
komorov-spalling-winnik
panik, arcobello

i think it will look something like that. might be tweaked a bit due to the left/right thing but i think these players will make up the team. i have a hard time seeing any of our prospects making the team nor should they. we have an entire team full of place holders. hopefully lou can get us some draft picks at the deadline.

HellasLEAF

'93 to Infinity
Sep 14, 2006
This new Maple Leafs trend is getting real cool and solid. We're getting all the best there are because now we have the best personel behind then bench! We're rich so we got Lou Lamouriello, Lemaire and Babcock! And also shanahan, hunter etc dubas etc. But everybody now wants to become a maple leaf again. It was like that back in the day... but now it's back. So that's good to see.

Boyes might be our best players if he's in great shape and all. He really understands the game well. Let's see if he wants to be the hero for us.

This new trend is so cool!! Lou and Lemaire really wanna be young again so they are really letting it all out now.... this is so hip and young. It's good to be free no? Just let it all hang out and sip from that fountain of youth. Lou and Lemaire really know it big now. This is just so... hip and trendy. I mean look at how good these men look.... yeah, they really sipping it big from the fountain of youth.

Yup, I like this part. Then you lost me lol. But lots of positivity here.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
I was very disappointed when the Leafs dealt away Boyes originally and so its going to be kind of strange to finally see him in a Leafs jersey now so many years later.

I hope he earns a contract even if it means they have to waive a player they signed recently like Arcobello etc.

Lou Lam seems to be putting his touch on the roster with these PTO invites to camp.

meefer

Jun 9, 2015
Bangkok
I'm liking the direction they're taking. Internally, competitive. A good way to develop an all in attitude for the team. Also, regardless of that attitude, they're not good enough to compete this year, resulting in a high draft pick, but increasing the likelihood of getting rid of a few of these players at the trade deadline. A win win.

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013
Didn't Lou stuff the rafters with vets last year on NJ?Maybe its that new trend.. if you stink stuff the rafters with vets so you look a little competitive and it allows the kids to grow on the farm away from the pressure of the big team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad