Bozak needs to get replaced.

threeGo

Oct 18, 2011
Toronto
This guy is a glorified face off man. He has no business being on the top line. JVR and Kessel are usually the ones who get the points while Bozak gets ZERO. Kadri had that one shift with Kessel and MacA and they scored a goal (I know Kadri didn't get a point but he was on the ice traffic jamming the crease).

Why does Carlyle even let Bozak on the shoot out, let alone shoot first? With the leafs allowing him to stay on the first line these last few years he's now looking for a contract above his head and I'm afraid the leafs might just sign him for it. We really need that first line center badly and should send Bozak onto the third line or sell high on him now before he get's his 4-6 mill contract that he is looking for.

Exciting game tonight. Just wish Carlyle put someone else on instead of Bozak for the shootout.

Mystifo

No more Mr.FightGuy
May 26, 2011
YYT
This guy is a glorified face off man. He has no business being on the top line. JVR and Kessel are usually the ones who get the points while Bozak gets ZERO. Kadri had that one shift with Kessel and MacA and they scored a goal (I know Kadri didn't get a point but he was on the ice traffic jamming the crease).

Why does Carlyle even let Bozak on the shoot out, let alone shoot first? With the leafs allowing him to stay on the first line these last few years he's now looking for a contract above his head and I'm afraid the leafs might just sign him for it. We really need that first line center badly and should send Bozak onto the third line or sell high on him now before he get's his 4-6 mill contract that he is looking for.

Exciting game tonight. Just wish Carlyle put someone else on instead of Bozak for the shootout.

Nalens Oga

Jan 5, 2010
Canada
Paul Stastny's getting hot again, just saying :naughty:

Seriously though, I'm a fan of both Toronto/Colorado and I'd want Stastny moved if it means Colorado gets a potential 2nd-3rd dman back so Bozak can't be the centre piece of the deal like what's always offered. Though our fan base is quite pissed at $ $'$ and would rather move him next year if the trade is right. He's not as good as Stastny when Stastny's on his game but he's got higher value.

skacore

Nov 7, 2010
Bozak compliments the line well, he's obviously great on faceoffs and he's incredible at turning the puck over, he'll dish it off to the big scorers (Kessel/JVR) any chance he can because he knows they're better at creating plays... he does what he's good at.

threeGo

Oct 18, 2011
Toronto
Paul Stastny's getting hot again, just saying :naughty:

Seriously though, I'm a fan of both Toronto/Colorado and I'd want Stastny moved if it means Colorado gets a potential 2nd-3rd dman back so Bozak can't be the centre piece of the deal like what's always offered. Though our fan base is quite pissed at $ $'$ and would rather move him next year if the trade is right. He's not as good as Stastny when Stastny's on his game but he's got higher value.

I never was interested in Statsny (due to his contract) and his lowered production, but at this point anyone with the potential to greatly improve the first line would do. His 6.6 cap hit is only for 1 more year and he'd likely get something around 5 mil on his next contract, which would leave us room for trying to sign Perry. He's looking good lately and wouldn't be a black hole offensively for the first line.

NazemKadri43

Sep 1, 2010
toronto

Bozak was good on shootouts last season

colchar

Apr 26, 2012
This guy is a glorified face off man. He has no business being on the top line. JVR and Kessel are usually the ones who get the points while Bozak gets ZERO.

So the guy who is 5th in team scoring gets zero points :huh: Are you using new math or something?

JayRoadkill

Jul 11, 2009
Kessel and JVR aren't exactly good defensive players, or good at puck retrieval.

Thats what Bozak does, he works the boards and plays defense whil Kessel and JVR play more strictly offense. Hence why Bozak doesnt get a lot of points, but his linemates do. His stats dont show on the scoresheet.

Obviously not an ideal #1 C, but would not look out of place as a #2C and would be one of the best #3C in the NHL.

threeGo

Oct 18, 2011
Toronto
we need someone to sh** after every game

Bozak won the two faceoffs that got us the 2 powerplay goals

Winning faceoffs is not enough. When this guy plays with two wingers who get 82 and 67 points and doesn't even achieve 50 points then you have to really question why he should even be there. Anyone can learn to win faceoffs if they spend time on it but you can't teach talent. Sure he won us a few faceoffs, but how long can we survive with this guy playing on the first line.

Duffman955

Mar 4, 2010
After winning faceoffs, Bozak doesn't bring much to the top line

I would feel better if he was the 3rd center on a shutdown role.

threeGo

Oct 18, 2011
Toronto
So the guy who is 5th in team scoring gets zero points :huh: Are you using new math or something?

Not hard to be fifth in team scoring playing on the first line. I didn't say he gets zero points all the time. His overall production as a Leaf playing on the first line is a disappointment.

Garbs

Jul 2, 2005
London, Ontario
Bozak compliments the line well, he's obviously great on faceoffs and he's incredible at turning the puck over, he'll dish it off to the big scorers (Kessel/JVR) any chance he can because he knows they're better at creating plays... he does what he's good at.

No he doesn't! Being good at faceoffs doesn't mean you belong on the #1 line.

threeGo

Oct 18, 2011
Toronto
This. I really don't know what you want anyone to say here OP. Is he in over his head? Yes. Is there a better option out there? No.

Statsny is a legitimate option. His cap is high but it is only for 1 more year and we have the space for it. There have been talks with Colorado and they are looking for defencemen. We also need to bring up Gardiner so that we can have some more mobility on the back end.

Gunnarsson + Percy + Bozak/MacA + pick should be something they might want.

IBLEAF

In the sh-itter @ Scotia bank place
Nov 5, 2009
BARRY'S BAY

So if you didnt get banned from the leafs prediction game 2 years in a row you would'nt pick him as the 1st goal score????:naughty:

LeafsMonster

Marlanderthews
Feb 3, 2012
Toronto
The only problem I have with bozak is that he doesn't do such a great job creatin time and space for kessel. Last year lupul used to do that which is why kessel got more goals and lupul more assists. This year kessel is drawing guys in so he creates space for JvR hence JVR has more goals and kessel more assists.

Leafidelity

Best Sport/Worst League
Apr 6, 2008
Downtown Canada
Statsny is a legitimate option. His cap is high but it is only for 1 more year and we have the space for it. There have been talks with Colorado and they are looking for defencemen. We also need to bring up Gardiner so that we can have some more mobility on the back end.

Gunnarsson + Percy + Bozak/MacA + pick should be something they might want.

Stastny scares me more than any other option. The guy's production has plummeted the past few years. I have a feeling Colorado is going to dump him on a team where he's going to be the heel for a while.

He's really not the same player he used to be.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
If there's been a big need, it's been at the center position for awhile.

Kadri isn't quite there yet but is showing signs of one.

There hasn't been many #1 centers up for grabs in the last year or so. It will require some patience from Leaf fans to upgrade that position.

Puckstuff

May 12, 2010
Milton
Bozak doesn't belong on the first line but at least he fits there and can keep up. There are many playsers that wouldn't be able to keep up at least we have a solid guy who is a solid interim solution. But yes we need a much needed upgrade - there are certain plays he can't make with the two but he's at least adequate. He's here until we find someone else. I'm on the Paul Stastny bandwagon, I think a career change to Toronto would rejuvenate his career. A left handed Play making centre with a high IQ is the perfect match for Kessel. He's likely back to his 70 + point days on a scoring line with JVR and Kessel. I also think moving to the east will factor in a point increase. Stastny-Grabovski-Kadri-Mcclement is average to above average down the middle. And we're already strong on the wing.

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
Bozak was 4/8 in his career in shootouts before that game, chill.

Remember the one time Wilson put Armstrong in the shootout?

We all know Bozak isn't a first line center, this is no secret.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
I really hope this is his last year in Toronto. Unless he can be had in the 2-3 mil range, and used him in a third line role where he belongs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad