Bozak needs to get replaced.

93gilmour93

Feb 27, 2010
If Reimer played better tonight, we could have won 4-2 or 4-3.

Or if the team showed up in the first we could have won. If the leafs played the whole game like they did in the third this game would have been different.

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
Did anyone else hear Kipper saying that he's going to get Grabovski money this year? I can't believe he'd think that

He's not the only one.

Kevin MgGrath (Toronto Star) has been tweeting the last few days that he thinks Bozak's camp will try and use both the Grabo contract and the Getzlaf contract to try and get big money if he goes UFA.

Mirtle, whose rarely impressed with Bozak, has said a few times that he thinks Bozak will get overpaid by somebody.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Saw on Twitter, there was a game last year when Bozak and Armstrong were our two first shooters and we won the shootout with both scoring.

Shootout is a total crap shoot. Bozak was 4/8 in his career, which is pretty good. Bottom line is it was as good a choice as any stats wise. I admit I thought JVR or Grabo would be the other shooter. (other then Kadri and Kessel)

We can't blame Bozak for missing when Kadri missed as well.

ErnieLeafs

Apr 7, 2009
Put Bozak in Grabo's spot, Kadri in Bozak's spot, and Grabo in Kadri's spot.

Worth a go, and I think in that scenario, you have guys playing where they should.

Alexanderthe89

Apr 29, 2011
The only problem I have with bozak is that he doesn't do such a great job creatin time and space for kessel. Last year lupul used to do that which is why kessel got more goals and lupul more assists. This year kessel is drawing guys in so he creates space for JvR hence JVR has more goals and kessel more assists.

I wonder how much of this is coaching. Not saying it's the coaching staff's fault that it's happening but you'd think it would be something they notice and attempt to correct.

Bozak seems like he's been brain-washed into feeding Kessel whenever he gets the puck. When he first came up he had no problem holding onto the puck and honestly seemed a lot more confident. I think those first 30 or so games of his career was when he and Kessel were most effective and because both were dangerous players.

Unlike most people on this board, I think Bozak has everything it takes to be a first-line player. He just seems to really lack confidence in himself.

The_Chosen_One

Jul 4, 2006
Melbourne, Australia
Stastny doesn't complement Kessel. I'd rather keep Bozak due to his steady defence. Besides Kadri would offer a similar skill set and has a much better shot as well.

We need a guy that can increase traffic in the opposition zone. I don't see Statsny doing that. We need an Eric Staal-type of guy who is very steady defensively.

The reason why I think Grabs can work, despite being small, is that he's very strong defensively. He would open up a lot of space for Kessel with his play. He would have to be replaced on the shut down line, though.

I wonder how much of this is coaching. Not saying it's the coaching staff's fault that it's happening but you'd think it would be something they notice and attempt to correct.
Well said.

Bozak seems like he's been brain-washed into feeding Kessel whenever he gets the puck. When he first came up he had no problem holding onto the puck and honestly seemed a lot more confident. I think those first 30 or so games of his career was when he and Kessel were most effective and because both were dangerous players.
He doesn't have a bad shot. I think shooting is something he ought to practice. What Kessel really needs is a short-first centreman not a playmaker as commonly stated.

Unlike most people on this board, I think Bozak has everything it takes to be a first-line player. He just seems to really lack confidence in himself.
He is a top six forward at least. I think he could be an effective top liner as well. It's obvious that many have a hard-on for big players.

Crosby must suck as well. :amazed:

Last edited:

leafspring*

we need someone to sh** after every game

Bozak won the two faceoffs that got us the 2 powerplay goals

Thats a short little statement that holds lots of weight though too. He has been thinkin he is a skill player lately not hitting or anything.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Thats a short little statement that holds lots of weight though too. He has been thinkin he is a skill player lately not hitting or anything.

On the flipside the Bozak line had no ability to contain a top line, defensively void. The guy is not worth the 4m he will want at all so he has to go.

leafspring*

Glad this thread was created, we only have like 20 of them every year.

Burke,and now Nonis are the only ones responsible for that.Nonis will not sell the farm to get a top centerman,so we will have more too.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Burke,and now Nonis are the only ones responsible for that.Nonis will not sell the farm to get a top centerman,so we will have more too.

Picks would better serve us, Colborne will be ready next year. just like picks for guys like Connolly, Komi, Holzer, Kostka will better serve us.

leafspring*

On the flipside the Bozak line had no ability to contain a top line, defensively void. The guy is not worth the 4m he will want at all so he has to go.

I agree he is not worth that kind of money,and can take a hike for even suggesting it. The face-off ability is at times crucial too though. Bozaks grit has been slowly but surely disappearing from his game also.

I know exactly what you are saying,and its very true. The fact is his face-off ability is the only thing keeping him on the top line.The worst part of his game is the non-physical part. Kadri gets his nose dirty more every game with less minutes for example. Bozak takes high slot on offense ,Kadri gets in the paint etc.

Faltorvo

Feb 18, 2008
Stastny doesn't complement Kessel. I'd rather keep Bozak due to his steady defence. Besides Kadri would offer a similar skill set and has a much better shot as well.

We need a guy that can increase traffic in the opposition zone. I don't see Statsny doing that. We need an Eric Staal-type of guy who is very steady defensively.

The reason why I think Grabs can work, despite being small, is that he's very strong defensively. He would open up a lot of space for Kessel with his play. He would have to be replaced on the shut down line, though.

Well said.

He doesn't have a bad shot. I think shooting is something he ought to practice. What Kessel really needs is a short-first centreman not a playmaker as commonly stated.

He is a top six forward at least. I think he could be an effective top liner as well. It's obvious that many have a hard-on for big players.

Crosby must suck as well. :amazed:

Boz brings little to the table that warrants staying on this roster.

The thing that Stast could add to the #1 line is play making creativity to go with JVRs net presence and Kessels creative offensive style. We need a C that can create more scoring chances for Kessel.

hockeyfanz*

He brings nothing at all to this roster if he is not skating with Kessel and long term we don't want to continue with Boz as the #1 C, so send him packing.

Never cared for the guy...certainly had enough of him a long time ago skating on the top line. This guy is a 2.5M dollar player at most. He doesnt even belong on the 3rd line IMO...Ill take a real checking centerman like Jay McClement in that spot any day over Bozak. Leafs looking pretty good at #2 and #3 center positions with Kadri and McClement....send Bozie packing and get us a #1C.

The Apologist

Apologizing for Leaf garbage since 1979
Oct 16, 2007
Leaf Nation Hell
He brings nothing at all to this roster if he is not skating with Kessel and long term we don't want to continue with Boz as the #1 C, so send him packing.

Utter bs.
Bozak is one of the best faceoff men in the league, is becoming one of the better defenders, plays a 200 ft game, and is pretty much a guarantee for 40 points a season.

He brings plenty to this roster.

The Apologist

Apologizing for Leaf garbage since 1979
Oct 16, 2007
Leaf Nation Hell
He's not the only one.

Kevin MgGrath (Toronto Star) has been tweeting the last few days that he thinks Bozak's camp will try and use both the Grabo contract and the Getzlaf contract to try and get big money if he goes UFA.

Mirtle, whose rarely impressed with Bozak, has said a few times that he thinks Bozak will get overpaid by somebody.
I'm as big a Bozak fan as they come, but if he gets Grabbo money, Nonis better amnesty himself.

leafspring*

The team would need to get a player like Beagle from washington to replace his face-off ability before moving him.Bozaks stats are interesting to say the least.He helps this team,and there is no doubt about it.

Beagle is a good defensive winger/center/righthand shot with good size/2nd top face-off winger in the league,and would add large to our defensive/physical game.

The fact Bozak is a first line center clouds the way he is evaluated.The rumours that he will be looking for $4,000,000 a year clouds it also. The 4 million is a rumour though. I wouldn't give him more than $2,500,000. 2 years tomorrow at that price if he would agree,and keep him.

He is a tradeable asset though is my hunch.

Last edited by a moderator:

Faltorvo

Feb 18, 2008
Utter bs.
Bozak is one of the best faceoff men in the league, is becoming one of the better defenders, plays a 200 ft game, and is pretty much a guarantee for 40 points a season.

He brings plenty to this roster.

There is no 200 ft game here.

40 p is unacceptable skating with the likes of kessel, JVr ,lups and the amount of quality icetime he gets.

The guy is soft as butter and his so called defensive play is vastly overrated.

leafspring*

There is no 200 ft game here.

40 p is unacceptable skating with the likes of kessel, JVr ,lups and the amount of quality icetime he gets.

The guy is soft as butter and his so called defensive play is vastly overrated.

I strangely enough think he could put up forty points on the third line with decent wingers.He could be better than he has shown us lately though 4sure. We need a better #1 center than what he brings.

Faltorvo

Feb 18, 2008
Never cared for the guy...certainly had enough of him a long time ago skating on the top line. This guy is a 2.5M dollar player at most. He doesnt even belong on the 3rd line IMO...Ill take a real checking centerman like Jay McClement in that spot any day over Bozak. Leafs looking pretty good at #2 and #3 center positions with Kadri and McClement....send Bozie packing and get us a #1C.

Yup! sounds about right to me.

I'd be ok with Boz sticking around for 3rd ish/4th line money.

If paid accordingly, i'd be ok with him as my 4th line C and swing man.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->